Let's hope this isn't Greggo II.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no correlation between these two coaches. Do you not remember the air horn and treating his players too tough. McDermitt is focused on details, disciplined but kind to his players per them. He's not a prick.

He also is not telling his players to cheap shot opposing players. From what I read he has an attention to detail, but so does Belicheck and Tomlin. So does McCarthy, and so on.

The difference is also Beane was a buffer in Carolina from Gettleman who was known as a prick. We had that great GM Donahue back then (sarcasm) who set us back for years.

McDermitt had a good draft, we'll see on free agents, and hired excellent experienced coaches. We're going to be fine. He's converting our defense to what worked well under Schwartz as that is where our players are meant to play. Rex screwed this team up terrible for two years. We actually were 7th in scoring last year, but the defense was atrocious. We will be better.

I don't really see the comparison to Greggggggg. I think you can insert the name of any one of the Bills' last four or five head coaches and make the same point. We need McD to be better than what we've had.

I am extremely encouraged by the combination of discipline, structure, preparation, and what appears to be genuine love and respect for his players. I don't recall seeing that sort of combination out of any recent Bills coach.

But of course, nobody knows anything until they start playing the games.

Agreed. Williams bragged how much of a disciplinarian he was giving examples of how tough he was.

With McD, you really only hear it from the players. Sure McD talks about discipline, but doesn't brag about how tough he is with the players. Also a lot of players express how much love McD has for the players. Never really heard that with Williams

I agree it's all fluff until they win on the field. But I like where this is going. In addition I think our FO is better than anything the Bills has in the 2000s. That is also reason for my optimism.

I'm with you, the lack of bragging and bold talk is one of the reasons I'm cautiously optimistic about this coach.