Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

For the thread on "Song titles that include the name of a man or a woman", I had been looking for a live version of Country Joe's "Tricky Dicky" song about Richard Nixon, and I actually found one.

Looking at the clip, I thought I had seen the girl on piano and back-up vocals before. And indeed, it is Dorothy Moskowitz, who had been the main vocalist of the band "The United States of America", who had made just one critically-acclaimed album in 1968, using very primitive electronic devices, but no guitars. It is still one of my favorite (if you are impatient, you might want to skip the first minute of the two following clips).

On 4/21/2023 at 1:22 PM, T&C said:

I really like it, because I like this genre of music. However, there is nothing that makes Camel stand out compared with other bands in this musical style (which is not necessarily a bad thing if you like this type of music, as I do).

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, DrW said:

I really like it, because I like this genre of music. However, there is nothing that makes Camel stand out compared with other bands in this musical style (which is not necessarily a bad thing if you like this type of music, as I do).

I agree... it isn't a bad sound at all... but as far as this style goes I'll take the 1st 3 Caravan lp's all day long. The Canterbery scene or whatever it was known as. 

Saw your post on ELP and really... other than a few super nice radio songs, Karn Evil 9 is really their only standout to me. People tout on Tarkus but I really never got into it... just me. 

1st 3 King Crimson lp's for me as well... after that it's pick and choose... although Discipline is pretty solid start to finish imo.

• Agree 1

On 4/25/2023 at 8:05 PM, SinceThe70s said:

Nothing ground-breaking here, just one of many songs I like from a band that only had a modicum of success:

they had some hit singles. This band totally flew under my radar until his year actually. I think they are creative and grand 🙂 

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1