Pegula: Earning respect is job one for 2017 Bills.

JM2009

The owner didn't provide much in the way of substantive answers to the questions asked of him today. It was kind of a waste of time.

Let's just hope he has this thing moving in the right direction this time.

...give the man some credit....he is making a supreme effort to atone for his mistakes as a newbee owner...he opened the checkbook and brought in a stellar Admin/FO IMO.....look how many former VP's and Personnel Directors Beane now has on staff.......no more woeful patchwork crap since Polian era......say what you want about McD being a rook.....he has the mindset and determination of a winner.....this is FINALLY a formidable FOOTBALL organization......results?...who knows....optimism?....yup.....sorely lacking for years IMO..........

It's been a long time since teams worried about winning in Buffalo. Hopefully that changes this year.

...give the man some credit....he is making a supreme effort to atone for his mistakes as a newbee owner...he opened the checkbook and brought in a stellar Admin/FO IMO.....look how many former VP's and Personnel Directors Beane now has on staff.......no more woeful patchwork crap since Polian era......say what you want about McD being a rook.....he has the mindset and determination of a winner.....this is FINALLY a formidable FOOTBALL organization......results?...who knows....optimism?....yup.....sorely lacking for years IMO..........

Good point. McDermott may be fresh as a HC, but at least your can feel confident that he has a great supporting cast around him, on the sidelines and in the offices.

It's been a long time since teams worried about winning in Buffalo. Hopefully that changes this year.

....remember the days when this was a feared barn?......question was NEVER about the "W" versus "by how much".......the feared years went by the wayside.......even the weather has not been a deterrent.....gimme back to those old days.........

....remember the days when this was a feared barn?......question was NEVER about the "W" versus "by how much".......the feared years went by the wayside.......even the weather has not been a deterrent.....gimme back to those old days.........

+1

I poke fun at him but there is nobody I'd rather have as an owner for my football and hockey teams.

Though, I'm serious about wanting to see more of Kim.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

Those were fun times for sure. You knew on sunday that it was going to be a W.

Pegula: "I Like What I've Seen So Far" (10:47)
Bills Owner/CEO Terry Pegula talks to the media following one of the team's practices at Training Camp. Pegula discusses what he's liked at camp so far and his expectations for the season.

Terry Pegula: "Impressed with what's going on" (23:59)
Bills Owner and CEO Terry Pegula sat down on The John Murphy Show from the site of Training Camp. He discussed his impressions of the team early on, the coaching staff, and his expectations of his team heading into the season.

The owner didn't provide much in the way of substantive answers to the questions asked of him today. It was kind of a waste of time.

Honestly, I kind of like that. Let the football guys talk about the football team. Why take questions at all? Well, there's a good question.

It's hard to believe that, for a while, the national discussion regarding the AFC playoff race centered around the idea that if you were going to go the Superbowl, you were going to have to win in Buffalo in January in bad weather...and that was deemed very difficult if not impossible to do.

Feels like a lifetime ago.

Yea.

He really doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

Hopefully he got lucky giving the kitchen sink to a career mediocre coach in McDermott.

I hereby declare ScottLaw is officially the first McDermott hater. Only 8 months into his tenure, a month before his first regular season game. Bravo, sir! You waste no time before jumping off the bandwagon, if you ever were on.

So if McD flames out, you sir will get all the credit for seeing it first.

By Spectrum Sports Staff (EXCERPT)
Updated Wednesday, August 2, 2017 at 08:47 PM EDT

...Pegula is a camp fixture and has observed what Sean McDermott told him during the interview process: his new head coach is very detailed-oriented and a terrific planner. Pegula is not demanding that McDermott breaks the playoff drought in year one, instead focusing on something less tangible: respect.

"I think that’s a part of any winner. People respect organizations and teams that win. That’s where we have to get. We have to earn the respect of the rest of the league – the Buffalo Bills have to – that’s what you need to win. You need to have respect. When teams come in to Buffalo to play, they need to be talking about it on the way up saying ‘oh gosh, we’ve got to go to Buffalo. Let’s hope we can get one out of here.'"​

It was another rambling nothingness of an interview from Terry.

I don't hate McDermott.

Facts are facts. He's had a pretty meh NFL coaching career to this point.

8 years as a DC his defenses have only been out of the top 12 in the league twice, they have been top 10 in takeaways 5 times in 8 years. Points they have ranked lower but I think that is a pretty reasonable resume. I'd certainly term it better than "meh" or "mediocre".