Ride at fair comes apart

Do you ride in cars?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same thing with the shark attack argument.

One has to ride in vehicles if they want to be viable in this society.

One doesn't need to gratuitously swim in the ocean or take a thrill ride @ the State Fair.

What part of gratuitous don't we understand?

@wsyx

Tyler Jarrell, 18, was killed in an accident at the #OhioStateFair - he'd just enlisted in the @USMC

http://bit.ly/2eReWlc

:cry:

Wow! I will just leave it @ that.

:-(

Holy crap. We live close to Hershey park, and since we have 4 kids we get season passes. They have that exact same ride there...called "the claw."

I call it the puke factory, but my 7 and 9 year old sons love it, so i ride it with them anyway. i have to stare straight up in the air to keep from getting sick.

two nights ago i let them go on without me, and i must admit it was a little stressful watching their little bodies getting flung back and forth and up and down suspended only by that restraint. but they meet the height requirement, so i guess it's "safe."

I also guess I can assume that the multi-billion dollar enterprise that is Hershey Entertainment has slightly stricter standards for safety and the mechanical integrity of its rides than "Amusements of America." I hope.

Ugh. RIP and condolences to all affected by this tragedy.

We're staying for a few days at Hershey Park on our way home from Outer Banks. I saw "the claw" on their website and thought it looked similar to the ride involved in the accident.

I have no concerns for myself or my family at permanent parks like Hershey or Six Flags. However, the traveling carnival rides are a different story.....

They had a recent incident at the Six Flags in Lake George (Great Escape) on the Sky Ride. Media at first made it sound like it was a ride malfunction, but after lengthy investigation and lack of assistance by family of girl who was injured, they determined that the cause to be "human error" and the girl was screwing around and slid out of her seat.

Same thing with the shark attack argument.

One has to ride in vehicles if they want to be viable in this society.

One doesn't need to gratuitously swim in the ocean or take a thrill ride @ the State Fair.

What part of gratuitous don't we understand?

Wow! I will just leave it @ that.

:-(

Greater chance of getting struck by lightning than getting attacked by a shark. I am more concerned by rip tide currents in the ocean than being attacked by a shark.

Edited by Flutie Flakes

Glad to see I'm not the only one that refuses to get on rides like that at travelling carny shows. I just don't trust the assembly, inspections or the 50 cent bolts that hold those rides together.

I won't get on any two bit rides anymore. Went to Pierogi Fest in Whiting, Indiana before work (1800-0600) tonight. Not any crazy rides, but they had a few for the children. I look @ everything with a weary eye now. Wife and children didn't even hear about this Ohio tragedy.