Vet QB's that are suited for Bills Offense

gjv001

And if Tyrod slips on a mat or suffers a broken leg from a Bills DB in camp? Where do the Bills go?

That is a better question. Not sure Yates is a "we'll rally round Kurt Warner" type. Maybe a trade for a Foles or somebody like that. I still think they wouldn't throw Peterman to the wolves.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kaep won't stand for the NA... That is a non-starter in B-lo..

That is a better question. Not sure Yates is a "we'll rally round Kurt Warner" type. Maybe a trade for a Foles or somebody like that. I still think they wouldn't throw Peterman to the wolves.

Cutler off the couch... Book it!

Edited by #34fan

If Tyrod goes down for an extended period a young guy will be playing. They aren't going to be contending with Yates or any other stiff off the streets. If Tyrod is out for like 6 weeks they will roll with Peterman and hope that he looks competent. They will do all of this while bettering their draft position.

hate to say it, but TT going down (something like a cracked collarbone or minor but season ending) would be the best thing that could happen to this franchise. would allow everyone to write off the season, go 2-14 and get us a long term QB solution in the draft next year.

Maybe it's Sal. He's said Dennison's offense will look to get Tyrod out of the pocket much more often than in the past.

That is true. The offense rolls the QB out more and does move the pocket. That does not equate to a running QB. Matt Schaub was the perfect QB for this offense before his arm went.... he was not a runner. He was mobile enough to roll out and move the pocket, operate play action.... that is what Dennison's offense does. It also includes a lot of precision short timing routed. It needs a QB who is accurate short and intermediate and mobile enough without being a runner.

TJ Yates sucks!!!! If you don't believe Kaepernick is a better player than Yates, you are clueless about football.

Kaepernick could weight 150 lbs and sleep through the national anthem and he would still be a better qb than Yates. TJ Yates might be the worst backup in the entire NFL. Let's hope Peterman shows something.

So, why is he still looking for a gig with TCs about to open while TJ Yates is with a team? If Kaepernick was so much better than Yates, some team would have signed him despite his political views. Competent backup QBs are almost as hard to find as competent starting QBs.

Moreover, the statement was that Kaep was better than any of the Bills backups. Peterman is the youngster nobody knows anything about in the NFL. He certainly has a better chance of becoming a decent starting QB than Kaepernick who has already failed twice.

hate to say it, but TT going down (something like a cracked collarbone or minor but season ending) would be the best thing that could happen to this franchise. would allow everyone to write off the season, go 2-14 and get us a long term QB solution in the draft next year.

Is there some iron-clad guarantee that every draft class must contain a franchise QB? The 2002, 2007, 2010, and 2013 drafts had none, so drafting #1 still wouldn't have gotten "us a long term QB solution". Oh, yeah, the Bills DID draft a first round QB recently ... in 2013. Doh!

They have a veteran backup in Yates who knows the offense. What is the purpose of this thread?

To spin fantasies that some failed starter is going to magically resurrect a career than never was.

I am not a huge Kaepernick fan and said the year he made the Superbowl "I'm still not convinced he is a franchise guy" and took heat for it. But I think he is still now one of the best 32 Quarterbacks around..... as I thought Jay Cutler was..... the decision teams have made is that they would rather go with young guys who are unproven and take their chances (Goff, Wentz, Savage, to an extent Siemian) or proven "lower end bridge" vets that cost less (Hoyer, McCown etc). Now in both cases I think there are other things at play. With Kaep it is the political baggage and Cutler it is his personality.

I am not a huge Kaepernick fan and said the year he made the Superbowl "I'm still not convinced he is a franchise guy" and took heat for it. But I think he is still now one of the best 32 Quarterbacks around..... as I thought Jay Cutler was..... the decision teams have made is that they would rather go with young guys who are unproven and take their chances (Goff, Wentz, Savage, to an extent Siemian) or proven "lower end bridge" vets that cost less (Hoyer, McCown etc). Now in both cases I think there are other things at play. With Kaep it is the political baggage and Cutler it is his personality.

Yup. And it's flawed thinking imo.