Why is Seantrell Henderson not mentioned in the battle.....

@mikerodak

Under the radar, Bills OT Seantrel Henderson took a base-pay cut from Buffalo as part of a contract renegotiation June 22. His base salary was reduced from $1.797 million to $690,000, although he will not receive that full amount because of a five-game suspension to begin the season. He will now earn per-game roster bonuses totaling $512,941 and can add $800,000 in not-likely-to-be-earned incentives. His cap number has been reduced from $1.808 million to $981,757, and he is still scheduled for unrestricted free agency next March.

Mike Rodak, ESPN Staff Writer

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0692796759281244880-4

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mikerodak

Under the radar, Bills OT Seantrel Henderson took a base-pay cut from Buffalo as part of a contract renegotiation June 22. His base salary was reduced from $1.797 million to $690,000, although he will not receive that full amount because of a five-game suspension to begin the season. He will now earn per-game roster bonuses totaling $512,941 and can add $800,000 in not-likely-to-be-earned incentives. His cap number has been reduced from $1.808 million to $981,757, and he is still scheduled for unrestricted free agency next March.

Mike Rodak, ESPN Staff Writer

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0692796759281244880-4

And he is still overpaid.

For the right tackle spot? I realize he didn't have a good year when he started but I atleast perceived it to be better than Jordan Mills year last year and he seemed to have a lot more upside. If he is infact healthy and gained most of the weight back, why does every article on the right tackle battle not include him, he is done with his suspension right?

No. No, he is not.

Neither. Do. You.

Either:

1. He got Crohn's after joining NFL
  2. He had Crohn's before signed contract with Bills and did not reveal it
  3. He had Crohn's when he signed contract with Bills and revealed it.

​In 1st case the MJ was recreational

In 2nd case it is his issue since he did not tell them

In 3rd case the Bills should have expected this and either not signed him or put clause in contract.

I watched a relative go from having lots of potential with solid job to being pothead unable to go without pot, losing job and stealing from family to pay from pot. Then he stole from others when he was cut off (locked out), was caught and sent to jail including treatment. When he got out he was helped out by family and a family friend gave him a job. He stole from employer, kicked out of housing and once again arrested. After treatment he is out again although in halfway house and will see how long he can go before violating parole (drug tests).

Isn't there a 4th choice which would be, he had Crohns before he signed contract with the Bills but he wasn't aware of it? I believe the median time between symptoms and diagnosis is more than a year.

No. No, he is not.

Isn't there a 4th choice which would be, he had Crohns before he signed contract with the Bills but he wasn't aware of it? I believe the median time between symptoms and diagnosis is more than a year.

I think it's a stretch, personally, that he was self-treating a condition he didn't know he had for 3 years with a drug that basically cost him a good draft spot.

Good question. If I remember correctly, wasn't her NFL rookie of the month in Sept of his first year and was being called one of the steals of the draft. By seaso nend, was doing OK, no longer great. But that often happens with rookies when the hit "the rookie wall" I'd imagine for O-lineman it's an even bigger wall as lineman don't sub out very much so can see where he'd be even more tired than say a rookie Nickle back who's only playing 25% of the snaps.

His second season he was out by early November with the illness. I don't know alot about Crohn's, but pretty certain it's not something that pops up overnight, so wouldn't be surprised to hear that it was already effecting him back in training camp and it took to November before it got so bad that he couldn't even play. So I chalk the 2nd season up to that.

Over the past year have seen many people including in this thread argue that pot is a good treatment for Crohn's and others counter with it doesn't matter he knows it's illegal. Considering the situation he was in with dealing with the illness, I'm pretty certain his biggest concern was getting healthy and doing whatever he could to help with that and had little thought or worries abut the NFL rules. So were his failed drug tests from smoking during his extended illness, Did he maybe find it too easy to keep smoking,maybe? I can forgive him for that considering the situation.

Last year, sounded like he still didn't have all of his weight and strength back at the beginning of the season anyway, plus had a 4 game suspension to begin with. A number here said the initial suspension was good in away as would give him time to get back to strength. Then along came the 2nd suspension, but would like to know the timing of the test? Was he smoking because he was still in pain?

Bottom line IMO was the guy was pretty darn good as a rookie, if the illness is behind him and the pot was truly do to the illness, I'd keep him around and could see him becoming good if he can stay clean.

I don't get why so many still invent this delusion that he was good.

He was ranked 82nd out of 84 tackles in the NFL his rookie year and the worst RT in the league. He was also 4th worst rated out of all offensive linemen in the league that year. He was never rookie of the month, week or anything else despite you saying he was.

But because he played every game on a bad team with a terrible 30th ranked OL to Bills fans he is some how great.