Queens of the Stone Age keeping it real for rock

Love me some QOTSA. I saw them on their last tour and it was a fantastic show. Looking forward to the new album dropping. Did any of you get into Homme's side project with Iggy Pop, Post Pop Depression? Its not my cup of tea. Dem Crooked Vultures and Desert Sessions however, good stuff.

Love me some QOTSA. I saw them on their last tour and it was a fantastic show. Looking forward to the new album dropping. Did any of you get into Homme's side project with Iggy Pop, Post Pop Depression? Its not my cup of tea. Dem Crooked Vultures and Desert Sessions however, good stuff.

I like it quite a bit but have always liked the Stooges/Iggy... Gardenia is the new take a walk on the wild side, whole album is pretty good, Homme was a good compliment.

I've not listened to any of these side projects, but will.

I had also never heard of Eagles of Death Metal until fairly recently. Had no idea they've been around since 1998 and that so many people have been a part of it over the years.

I saw QOTSA open up for RHCP in around 2002. I then saw them at the same Lollapalooza during which I saw Audioslave, Jane's, Incubus (2003, I believe). They are a fantastic live band.

Been watching a lot of MTV classic lately and have seen a lot of Queens stuff on there. Very weird songs/videos. But I keep watching. Not sure if I like them yet. But I do I like their first big song "no one knows."

Saw them iirc after a snowstorm at UB where they were opening for Billy Corgan and Jimmy Chamberlains band ZWAN. At least I believe they were opening for them, if not I saw them on another tour, it's been a while

Incidentally, I heard the original Smashing Pumpkins lineup is reuniting. That makes me giddy.

I believe Corgan made that announcement a few months ago, they were going to do a tour I believe, not sure about a new album though

I'd rather just a tour, anyway. It'll be a can't-miss for me. Now I need to google it!

EDIT: This is from 10 days ago. Drummer says it's still possible. Very vague. No mention of recording new material.

http://teamrock.com/news/2017-06-30/smashing-pumpkins-reunion-could-be-on-the-cards

Edited by Gugny

• 1 month later...

their best records are rated r, lullabies, and songs for the deaf.

Wasn't a huge fan of their most recent record or for these new songs

srs?

Right? Not many bands making music this original any more.

• 3 weeks later...

The new album Villains is out and I've been listening to nothing but since Friday. If you haven't checked it out yet, get on it.

Pretty sure this is my new favorite QOTSA album.

Available on Spotify.

That good huh? I have four of theirs in my iTunes. I'll have to get it now.

I like it as well, was worried mick ronson might 'pop' it up too much, but i do like "the way you used to do", has a cream and jet sound to it

The new album Villains is out and I've been listening to nothing but since Friday. If you haven't checked it out yet, get on it.

Pretty sure this is my new favorite QOTSA album.

Available on Spotify.