NBA 2017-18

IT, Brown at SG, Crowder at SF, Hayward PF, Horford C?

Smart/Tatum/Morris off the bench?

The new NBA is ridiculous

Stevens wants a lot of versatility with his players and I can see why he wanted Morris. I think moving on from Bradley was more of a business decision though since he's going to need paid next year, maybe a Max deal, and they won't be doing that if they pay IT. So they got something for him now, and got size and scoring ability with Morris. But, I think Bradley is clearly the better player overall so on the surface it looks like a bad deal. But I see where Ainge is thinking ahead. And better to clear Bradley than Crowder who has a team friendly deal or Smart, who I think fits this team's attitude well and doesn't have the trade value of Bradley. Edited by YoloinOhio

I guess I'm ok with the Avery Bradley trade considering he's a FA next year and Morris is a PF. But I liked him.

I am kinda bummed about losing AV, but I know it makes sense...he just turned into a really good player. The last link to the 2008 championship!

yep :cry:

Wait I think Rondo is still a FA! :)

Gotta say though, I am getting pretty pumped to see what this team can do next season...

I loved Rondo too, but that is a road they probably won't go down again...he is a good player, but without some older vets to keep him in check (like KG and Pierce) I am not sure he is a great locker room guy. Love his game though...he and Glenn Davis are two of my sentimental favorites from that era... hearing Rondo may go to the Lakers. Can you imagine Rondo, and Ball Sr. together? :)

Gotta say though, I am getting pretty pumped to see what this team can do next season...

I loved Rondo too, but that is a road they probably won't go down again...he is a good player, but without some older vets to keep him in check (like KG and Pierce) I am not sure he is a great locker room guy. Love his game though...he and Glenn Davis are two of my sentimental favorites from that era... hearing Rondo may go to the Lakers. Can you imagine Rondo, and Ball Sr. together? :)

if only they had kept D'Angelo and Swaggy P too. We would need an NBA version of Hard Knocks in LA asap. Edited by YoloinOhio

The Celtics had no choice but Bradley can play. They gave the Warriors as much trouble as anyone because of their ability to switch on the perimeter. Bradley, Smart and Crowder are great wing defenders.

I'd love to get either Smart or Crowder to play that Pat Beverley or Andre Roberson (with more offense) role. Those guys are dogs. I'd hate having to play against Pat Beverley for 7 games.

Hayward makes the Celtics better but they aren't close to beating Cleveland. The Cavs own the East for at least 1 more year. After that Boston, Philly (may take a couple of years) and some others may get to that level.

The Celtics had no choice but Bradley can play. They gave the Warriors as much trouble as anyone because of their ability to switch on the perimeter. Bradley, Smart and Crowder are great wing defenders.

I'd love to get either Smart or Crowder to play that Pat Beverley or Andre Roberson (with more offense) role. Those guys are dogs. I'd hate having to play against Pat Beverley for 7 games.

Hayward makes the Celtics better but they aren't close to beating Cleveland. The Cavs own the East for at least 1 more year. After that Boston, Philly (may take a couple of years) and some others may get to that level.

I agree and have thought all along that Ainge is slow playing this to be in position to take over the East once the Cavs are done. In the meantime though, an injury to Lebron or Kyrie and they are right there this year with the addition of Hayward. I'm higher on Jaylen Brown than most casual NBA fans I think, too.

I agree and have thought all along that Ainge is slow playing this to be in position to take over the East once the Cavs are done. In the meantime though, an injury to Lebron or Kyrie and they are right there this year with the addition of Hayward. I'm higher on Jaylen Brown than most casual NBA fans I think, too.

That's true and it can certainly happen. I like Brown's game quite a bit and loved the way that he battled in the playoffs. Tatum has a chance to be really good as well. His offensive game is really polished.

I don't know where hey go from here. I suppose that they could take a run at Giannis but it won't be cheap. Davis isn't going anywhere unless Cousins leaves which is unlikely. If that ever happened they be looking for Tatum, Brown, the 2 firsts next year and the Memphis pick in 2019. That would gut the rebuild. I think that they stand pat and keep drafting well.