Vietnamese Food in Rochester?

https://www.lollypop.org/

several varieties for asian foods - authentic ready to go.

Yumm. Number 1 Chinese Restaurant!

Sea, 741 Monroe Ave, Dac Hoa, 230 Monroe Ave, and Saigon Pho, 1384 Lyell Ave all highly rated.

Thank you. Saw those on Yelp and was leaning toward Sea based on the reviews. I'm a little leery of anything on Lyell, but sometimes the best places are in the crappiest parts of town. Anyone with first-hand knowledge of any or these places, or know of any other "hidden gems?"

Calling Jauronimo!!

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

Yumm. Number 1 Chinese Restaurant!

Thank you. Saw those on Yelp and was leaning toward Sea based on the reviews. I'm a little leery of anything on Lyell, but sometimes the best places are in the crappiest parts of town. Anyone with first-hand knowledge of any or these places, or know of any other "hidden gems?"

Calling Jauronimo!!

SEA Restaurant is a good option if you stick with the pho. Its clean and the service is friendly.

Pho Saigon on Lyell looks pretty legit but can't say that I've been. It appears to have opened sometime after I left Rochester.

Looks like my old favorite Vietnamese place in Rochester closed some time in the last 2 years.

I would not recommend Dac Hoa.

I didn't want to comment on this until it played out, but you can make great pho yourself.

You can buy the seasoning, and it's really cheap, and then add to it to taste.

It's a staple in our world in the fall/spring.

I didn't want to comment on this until it played out, but you can make great pho yourself.

You can buy the seasoning, and it's really cheap, and then add to it to taste.

It's a staple in our world in the fall/spring.

Is this just add to water, instant pho?

Are you making a beef broth?

I do it a couple of ways, but I always use the pho broth bullion from a local Asian food store.

Sometimes I put the bullion in beef broth, and sometimes I don't.

The key is the bullion. There are two options at the store I buy it at. One is a cubed bullion, and the other is a less concentrated paste.

Over the years, I've found that I like to use both in the same batch.

I cut ginger into small pieces and broil it, along with onion, until it is dark and crisp.

I add those to the broth that has the pho bullion/paste and that's the start.

Forgot to mention-I also add cinnamon.

Edited by sherpa