Junk Illinois

Yeah and his veto just got overridden.

Just raise My taxes and be done with it.

ima start calling you goatse for how you get handled up there.

in fact. all of illinouisans are not goatseans because they get it so hard up the kazoo

Rating agencies can be wrong , what point am I missing ?

Of course they're often wrong. But it's not like they have each state rated AAA

And the common thread across each state with the lowest ratings is that they are at the top band of highest marginal state tax rates and also have a disproportionate number of very very high earners.

So why are the states that are able to soak their citizenry, are in the worst financial position?

Edited by GG

Thanks Illinois and Puerto Rico. We're not the worst! We're not the worst!

Connecticut is a great place to be right now if you load moving vans for a living. We'll catch up to Illinois soon, I'm sure.

You should try NJ on for size. Thinking of moving to NY for LOWER taxes.

ima start calling you goatse for how you get handled up there.

in fact. all of illinouisans are not goatseans because they get it so hard up the kazoo

It's IllANNOYians.

I have two feet... I can move 5 miles across the Indiana Line, so can a million other people.

Handled? If I moved my house to Cook county, under a mile away to the north, I would pay less. Imagine that, LESS in Cook. If it was moved to Chicago, probably half.

My taxes aren't a burden. Income taxes, I get a nice chunk back.

Now maybe, just maybe if people started living within their means, it wouldn't be a problem either.

It's IllANNOYians.

I have two feet... I can move 5 miles across the Indiana Line, so can a million other people.

Handled? If I moved my house to Cook county, under a mile away to the north, I would pay less. Imagine that, LESS in Cook. If it was moved to Chicago, probably half.

My taxes aren't a burden. Income taxes, I get a nice chunk back.

Now maybe, just maybe if people started living within their means, it wouldn't be a problem either.

Ah, so we should have a lower standard of living so that the government can take more to either waste it or give it away?

You should try NJ on for size. Thinking of moving to NY for LOWER taxes.

The mind boggles!

If the hedge fund guys up and finally leave CT it's going to end up looking like a rural version of Raqqa. The state has often been floated almost completely by big companies and a few big earners. Many companies got out or want out. I assume the big earners will find greener pastures too, as the taxes get worse, and worse, and worse....

The mind boggles!

If the hedge fund guys up and finally leave CT it's going to end up looking like a rural version of Raqqa. The state has often been floated almost completely by big companies and a few big earners. Many companies got out or want out. I assume the big earners will find greener pastures too, as the taxes get worse, and worse, and worse....

or like Rhode Island.

• 2 weeks later...

SOMETHING THAT CAN’T GO ON FOREVER, WON’T:

Shot: Illinois state workers highest paid in nation. Cost of Living Gives Illinois State Workers Top Stop.

Newsalert, today.

Chaser: Moving out: Illinois has country’s worst outbound rate in 2016.

Illinois Policy, January 3rd, 2017.

why not? when all that is left is going to keep voting for their favors again and again

SOMETHING THAT CANT GO ON FOREVER, WONT:

Shot: Illinois state workers highest paid in nation. Cost of Living Gives Illinois State Workers Top Stop.

Newsalert, today.

Chaser: Moving out: Illinois has countrys worst outbound rate in 2016.

Illinois Policy, January 3rd, 2017.

But then in the Chicago area, they all come back in to work.