New data shows Tyrod/the offense was better than you thought

Anger?

I don't see any anger in my post at all, I also stated I wish him luck this season. I do see that I posted my opinion and I did post how I'm not in favor of these threads being repeated over and over again but sorry man no anger. If anything I see anger from others posting on my opinion because these few don't like any type of negative on Tyrod which is why these Tyrod threads are so worthless.

Oh teef I used to have such respect for your post, I enjoyed them and always respected your comments but oh how times have changed, your in with a bad crowd and it's showing.

Negative when he deserves it is fine. Ridiculous posting is not.

The defense might have been better if the Bills weren't 25th in time of possession.

which was 29 minutes per game, tied with seven other teams. Best was Philli at 32 minutes a game. Worst was SF at 26 minutes. Top ten in scoring with 29 minutes should be enough for the defense to stay fresh enough.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No sir...they would not have been

but if they had been just a little better....that top 10 in points offense might have aided them into a playoff birth

This was not a playoff team in any way, shape or form. The entire team sucked. Offense, defense, special teams and - especially - coaching.

The defense might have been better if the Bills weren't 25th in time of possession.

How about the defense get more turnovers for an offense that doesn't turn the ball over?

This was not a playoff team in any way, shape or form. The entire team sucked. Offense, defense, special teams and - especially - coaching.

Defense hangs on to the two leads against Miami, and TT plays against a Jets team that had packed it in, the Bills make the WC, not Miami.

Miami ranked 27 on that list of TOP, and they made the WC. They had 28 minutes.

A team that goes 7-9 sucks.

End of story.

Correct. A team. Not an offense. Inevitablty someone will point out that Drew Brees and the Saints had a better offense but worse record, and you inevitably will say "so you're saying Tyrod is Drew Brees?" Round and round we go. We've had this exact discussion 100 times, there's nothing more to be said on the record/blame game.

A team that goes 7-9 sucks.

End of story.

I dont know man....I guess if you want to look at it that way you can

In my opinion a team that goes 3-13 sucks.....a team that goes 7-9 just isnt good enough...they are literally like 2 games away from being in playoff contention but they arent....

I want to say they are mediocre......which is the abyss because they dont suck and are not good

I've always been in favor of logging the win/loss stat as part of a QB's record because regardless of the circumstances his performance and leadership is critical to the success of the football team in my humble opinion.

The game managing skills of QB's like A Smith might actually mean something ...

I've always been in favor of logging the win/loss stat as part of a QB's record because regardless of the circumstances his performance and leadership is critical to the success of the football team in my humble opinion.

The game managing skills of QB's like A Smith might actually mean something ...

...correct...and yes NFL QB stats are all inclusive, but I'd like to see his stats when the games were on the line with full court pressure versus "garbage or catch up stats" when the W is a foregone conclusion....for pure analysis versus "I told you so" crap...TT or any QB could have the best stats on the planet, but if the overall TEAM result is regularly 7-9, something ain't right somewhere IMO........

Rex would have found a new way to F it up even if we grabbed some more discernable stats along the way.

Play calling, penalties, substitutions etc.

We were doomed regardless.

bad mojo

What about it? What exactly are you clinging to here?

Why don't you read the thread? Gungy is using the Bills at 25 to justify how bad the offense was, and yet ignores Miami TOP was worse and they made the playoffs.

Edited by JM2009

...correct...and yes NFL QB stats are all inclusive, but I'd like to see his stats when the games were on the line with full court pressure versus "garbage or catch up stats" when the W is a foregone conclusion....for pure analysis versus "I told you so" crap...TT or any QB could have the best stats on the planet, but if the overall TEAM result is regularly 7-9, something ain't right somewhere IMO........

So when Tyrod Taylor somehow manages to come out on top with a winning record in his 1st 2 seasons... despite a lackluster D... and enough turmoil and poor coaching to send a whole regime and scouting department packing... it might tell you something...

...Taylor is not the problem... :flirt:

So when Tyrod Taylor somehow manages to come out on top with a winning record in his 1st 2 seasons... despite a lackluster D... and enough turmoil and poor coaching to send a whole regime and scouting department packing... it might tell you something...

...Taylor is not the problem... :flirt:

Taylor is the problem, when the game is on the line Tyrod is on the bench with consecutive 3 and outs. He did ok in a game or two and still failed to get the win. Big deal 2 seasons and 2 games we can brag about. He needs to do better, if he doesn't put his man pants on to close out games he will be once again sitting on the bench when the game is on the line wishing the D bails him out. This D better be a world beater or our D cordinator will be the one to take the fall in year one of the McD era.

I wish him luck but thinking Tyrod is going to be able to be a QB over being the RB he has been is just huge dreaming. I don't think he is going to change he is what he is just like Fitz, a QB just not good enough. We will see this season but I like many are not thinking the Bills are ready for primetime till a better QB is drafted. We all wish for that mircle season but after all these seasons of fail miracles just don't happen in Buffalo.

Taylor is the problem, when the game is on the line Tyrod is on the bench with consecutive 3 and outs. He did ok in a game or two and still failed to get the win. Big deal 2 seasons and 2 games we can brag about. He needs to do better, if he doesn't put his man pants on to close out games he will be once again sitting on the bench when the game is on the line wishing the D bails him out. This D better be a world beater or our D cordinator will be the one to take the fall in year one of the McD era.

I wish him luck but thinking Tyrod is going to be able to be a QB over being the RB he has been is just huge dreaming. I don't think he is going to change he is what he is just like Fitz, a QB just not good enough. We will see this season but I like many are not thinking the Bills are ready for primetime till a better QB is drafted. We all wish for that mircle season but after all these seasons of fail miracles just don't happen in Buffalo.

You are entitled to your opinion

Why don't you read the thread? Gungy is using the Bills at 25 to justify how bad the offense was, and yet ignores Miami TOP was worse and they made the playoffs.

No. I used the Bills' terrible TOP as one explanation as to why the defense was gassed every game.

Miami did more (i.e. scored) in a shorter period of time.

The Bills had the best running game in football (that eats the clock), yet still couldn't score when it counted. They couldn't sustain a drive ... when it counted. They couldn't rely on the QB to convert a 3rd down when behind, because they were obvious passing downs.

But yeah ... we'll go with your interpretation.

The offense was bad because it had no QB. The defense was bad for a lot of reasons - being worn out being one very legitimate one.

I'm sorry if you couldn't see - by watching the games; not by looking at statistics - that this entire team, generally speaking, was terrible. The only exception being the running backs and the offensive line.

No. I used the Bills' terrible TOP as one explanation as to why the defense was gassed every game.

Miami did more (i.e. scored) in a shorter period of time.

The Bills had the best running game in football (that eats the clock), yet still couldn't score when it counted. They couldn't sustain a drive ... when it counted. They couldn't rely on the QB to convert a 3rd down when behind, because they were obvious passing downs.

But yeah ... we'll go with your interpretation.

The offense was bad because it had no QB. The defense was bad for a lot of reasons - being worn out being one very legitimate one.

I'm sorry if you couldn't see - by watching the games; not by looking at statistics - that this entire team, generally speaking, was terrible. The only exception being the running backs and the offensive line.

How was the defense gassed up 24-9? Or up 17-6?Or up with a minute to go?