Rodak: Mike Tolbert could emerge as #2 RB

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tolbert is a very good cog player. He will see some solid action each week. He's very reliable pass blocker. Decent short yardage and goal line guy. Can still move upfield. Pretty good hands. Can play FB in pinch. We can just dress four backs counting FB with him on game day roster. Very glad we have him. Opie loves players like him.

Like I said for a while now....dont sleep on Jon Williams

This one cut running offense is taylor made for him....he is a big back who does not go down easy...and is faster then people give credit.

If can just not fumble the ball that spot is his

i don't know if anyone here pays attention to the Chargers, but Melvin Gordon had a terrifying rookie season. Slow to the hole, hesitating, fumbling issues. Zero TDs I think until the last week. Then he had microfracture surgery on his knee to boot. His second season he quietly had a VERY impressive performance - looked like a completely different RB. Just saying that you can't always judge a player by his rookie year - or in Jwill's case 27 carries. Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm kind of excited about the trio of Shady, Jwill and Toldozer.

Gillis-who?

I think it's quite obvious that our strengths are the o and d lines, and RBs.

Tolbert and Jwill were both fun to watch last night and will likely play large roles this year. Regardless of what Shady wants, he should not be getting 20+ carries if we expect him to last all year unscathed.

And yeah, Tolberts blocking alone will get him on the field in critical situations.