6-8: Dareus Will be on NFL Network at 7:15 PM ET

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you are happy for the young man. Get a grip. He is a ungrateful man. unable to face reality and has hurt this team dramatically. He used his mothers illness as an excuse his first year. Always another reason. He has abandoned his teammates. He has one interview and everyone is on his bandwagon. To me he has a lot more to prove than an interview staged by his manager. He has yet to even mention his lying to the fans and the Bills. He is making the rounds looking for good guy treatment for his next contract.

Dareus is one or two steps from being James Hardy.

He needs to shut up. Get in the gym. Get on the field for the next 2 or 3 seasons and prove he is a man and a teammate..

This to me is a smoke screen set up by his manager/agent.

life is tough for you isn't it.

I suggest you get out and smell the roses and know that perspective is only through your own eyes so what you may see, others don't.

have a great day and don't forget to smile, it's contagious...

life is tough for you isn't it.

I suggest you get out and smell the roses and know that perspective is only through your own eyes so what you may see, others don't.

have a great day and don't forget to smile, it's contagious...

I think Niagara Bills statements were also a little harsh but there is some truth to what he is saying. We have seen this act by Dareus a few times already and until he can prove himself over time with his actions "not interviews" I will not trust the fact that he doesn't find trouble again. He looks to be a great guy but getting in to trouble has a pattern with him for a long time. He doesn't seem like he is very mature and he doesn't make wise decisions. He kind of reminds me of the middle school kids I teach. They can't look past today, but choices today can influence your future. I hope he can get his act together and be a productive person both on and off the field. I think he has one shot left and if he messes up McDermott will find a way to get rid of him.

Edited by offsides#76FredSmerlas

I think Niagara Bills statements were also a little harsh but there is some truth to what he is saying. We have seen this act by Dareus a few times already and until he can prove himself over time with his actions "not interviews" I will not trust the fact that he doesn't find trouble again. He looks to be a great guy but getting in to trouble has a pattern with him for a long time. He doesn't seem like he is very mature and he doesn't make wise decisions. He kind of reminds me of the middle school kids I teach. They can't look past today, but choices today can influence your future. I hope he can get his act together and be a productive person both on and off the field. I think he has one shot left and if he messes up McDermott will find a way to get rid of him.

harsh, well, not really, seemed more disturbed to me.

I am a man who has traveled nearly 56 years through this life and I know that choices

can lead to consequences and also can lead to hard lessons.

I am a man of chances and as long as there is a chance, I'll give the benefit of doubt.

he is a young man that has another chance, with a pretty solid coaching staff.

can I say he'll succeed, no, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of doubt.

have a good day and GO BILLS!!!

you are happy for the young man. Get a grip. He is a ungrateful man. unable to face reality and has hurt this team dramatically. He used his mothers illness as an excuse his first year. Always another reason. He has abandoned his teammates. He has one interview and everyone is on his bandwagon. To me he has a lot more to prove than an interview staged by his manager. He has yet to even mention his lying to the fans and the Bills. He is making the rounds looking for good guy treatment for his next contract.

He needs to shut up. Get in the gym. Get on the field for the next 2 or 3 seasons and prove he is a man and a teammate..

He's a joint or two away from being found dead in a river?

His mom died, but yeah, he was just using that as an excuse to be lazy.

What the hell is wrong with you?

Not having faith in Dareus is completely understandable, but you've gone a little overboard.

Edited by elroy16

Marcel is who he is. you can't blame him for the Bills giving him a huge contract. he's always been this way, doesn't take anything seriously. he said on WGR football comes easy to him. he doesn't have to put in the effort so he doesn't have a good work ethic. it is what it is now, he's not going to change overnight. if we get a little more effort from him this year then good. he's a great player even with 90% effort so let's see if we can get 91%

There's a huge difference between taking things seriously and being laid back. He's a chill dude when he talks.

Saying football comes easy to him doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't give maximum effort - that's conjecture on your part. His off the field issues have been a big problem and frustrating for sure. However to play tackle in the NFL is a mother of a grind. Could it be that it's easy for him simply because he loves it? Could that be what he means? I think it's quite lazy on your part to throw out these comments as you pretend to equate them to effort.

Guest NeckBeard

I kind of like his sassy hat, because it takes someone with a certain "flare" to be able to pull off wearing such a thing, and he wore it well. I definitely didn't/don't like his suspension.

Still, I liked the Dareus pick when he was drafted, and think he can be a good player for the Bills going forward. I don't care about his mention of saying that football comes easy; I'm sure that football comes easy to a lot of the top guys in the league, even though many/most don't come out and say it. My only beef with Dareus are his life choices, and how that has a direct impact on the team. I hope he gets it turned around, or has turned it around. I am looking forward to seeing how he performs in a (hopefully) more sane system.

There's a huge difference between taking things seriously and being laid back. He's a chill dude when he talks.

Saying football comes easy to him doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't give maximum effort - that's conjecture on your part. His off the field issues have been a big problem and frustrating for sure. However to play tackle in the NFL is a mother of a grind. Could it be that it's easy for him simply because he loves it? Could that be what he means? I think it's quite lazy on your part to throw out these comments as you pretend to equate them to effort.

I think you just like to argue with me. You are the only person on this forum that thinks Dareus gives maximum effort at anything. Either you don't follow his career or you are just making stuff up

I think you just like to argue with me. You are the only person on this forum that thinks Dareus gives maximum effort at anything. Either you don't follow his career or you are just making stuff up

I argue with all inherently negative people - so it's just not you. I'm sure there's fans that see things they don't like - but I think I'd have an equal amount of fans that have little issue with is on field play.

I argue with all inherently negative people - so it's just not you. I'm sure there's fans that see things they don't like - but I think I'd have an equal amount of fans that have little issue with is on field play.

You are missing the point then if all you care about is his on field play. He's good without trying. No arguing that he's not a good player. Just think how good he would be if he actually worked out, stayed off weed, took thinks seriously, gave 100% effort on and off the field.

You are missing the point then if all you care about is his on field play. He's good without trying. No arguing that he's not a good player. Just think how good he would be if he actually worked out, stayed off weed, took thinks seriously, gave 100% effort on and off the field.

I don't think I'm missing the point. We agree on the off field stuff - 100%. I'm just saying that when on the field - I've been happy with his effort and play. If you're a fan satisfied with his play than off the field effort to play football had to have been there.

I am not sure where you get your information from about him not trying hard. He gets caught up in dumb things outside of football but I never heard the coaches say he was out of shape, overweight or that he is not giving his best on the field. I could have missed something but I never heard those comments from anyone inside the Bills organization. He is laid back and chill when he talks but that's just his personality. Rex used to rave about the things Dareus did on the field "when he wasn't suspended that is".

Edited by offsides#76FredSmerlas

This is one of the worst posts in the history of this board. I'd say more but I don't want to get banned.

http://buffalonews.com/2015/12/06/bills-dareus-keeps-playing-through-lifes-losses/

Guy has had a very tough life. He obviously needs to grow but literally every main adult figure in his life has passed away. If you can't feel any sympathy for him, you're a sad human being.

I am not sure where you get your information from about him not trying hard. He gets caught up in dumb things outside of football but I never heard the coaches say he was out of shape, overweight or that he is not giving his best on the field. I could have missed something but I never heard those comments from anyone inside the Bills organization. He is laid back and chill when he talks but that's just his personality. Rex used to rave about the things Dareus did on the field "when he wasn't suspended that is".

Absolutely. His first four years this young man was an absolute menace. In 2015 the entire defensive team failed under Rex - especially against the run but Kyle was out too. Last year was a mess for Dareus off the field, obviously. When he returned he played reasonably well for someone out that long - even though the defense as a whole was not good. I blame Rex for that.

FF to this year and Dareus is welcoming the discipline McDermott and Waufle offer. Nothing wrong with just words at this point.

This is one of the worst posts in the history of this board. I'd say more but I don't want to get banned.

http://buffalonews.com/2015/12/06/bills-dareus-keeps-playing-through-lifes-losses/

Guy has had a very tough life. He obviously needs to grow but literally every main adult figure in his life has passed away. If you can't feel any sympathy for him, you're a sad human being.

You really are out of touch then. He showed up to camp in 2015 out of shape, failed the conditioning test, and had to work with trainers on the side for weeks until he was able to practice. Then 2016 he was suspended the first 4 games of the season, came back and was out of shape, pulled a hamstring and was out for another 2-3 games. This is a guy they gave $100 mil to. You give out contracts like that to guys that are the foundation of your team who are leaders and someone you build your team around. The fact that Dareus is a class clown who doesn't give max effort is not an opinion, it's a well known fact

You really are out of touch then. He showed up to camp in 2015 out of shape, failed the conditioning test, and had to work with trainers on the side for weeks until he was able to practice. Then 2016 he was suspended the first 4 games of the season, came back and was out of shape, pulled a hamstring and was out for another 2-3 games. This is a guy they gave $100 mil to. You give out contracts like that to guys that are the foundation of your team who are leaders and someone you build your team around. The fact that Dareus is a class clown who doesn't give max effort is not an opinion, it's a well known fact

Yet posters like you would have cried if we let an all pro DT walk for nothing.

After 4 seasons, Dareus had 28.5 sacks. Through 4 seasons, warren sapp, one of the greatest DTs, had 29.5. He's really, really good and hopefully our new coach won't just have him taking up blockers because he has some stupid blitz on.

Yet posters like you would have cried if we let an all pro DT walk for nothing.

After 4 seasons, Dareus had 28.5 sacks. Through 4 seasons, warren sapp, one of the greatest DTs, had 29.5. He's really, really good and hopefully our new coach won't just have him taking up blockers because he has some stupid blitz on.

where did i say to let him walk? i said he's a good player even without playing at his full potential