Tim Horton's vs Dunkin Donuts

i prefer DD coffee, but i think it's more of a mental thing. when i started drinking coffee, there was none in the wny area. i went to school in boston, and those suckers were literally everywhere. even our campus had combined DD/baskin robins(maybe friendlys) stores every few buildings. we drank them all the time.

that being said, the DD food is total horse ****. tim's food is far superior, but the coffee is very meh to me. part of it is i hate the cup lids. it gets everywhere. the engineering for the DD lids is straight up magical.

i prefer DD coffee, but i think it's more of a mental thing. when i started drinking coffee, there was none in the wny area. i went to school in boston, and those suckers were literally everywhere. even our campus had combined DD/baskin robins(maybe friendlys) stores every few buildings. we drank them all the time.

that being said, the DD food is total horse ****. tim's food is far superior, but the coffee is very meh to me. part of it is i hate the cup lids. it gets everywhere. the engineering for the DD lids is straight up magical.

What is their problem with toasting? Toast my freaking english muffin on my breakfast sandwich, or bagel, or whatever. No matter how much you ask for it, it's always not toasted or not toasted nearly enough. I love everything else about TH but that really grinds my gears.

What is their problem with toasting? Toast my freaking english muffin on my breakfast sandwich, or bagel, or whatever. No matter how much you ask for it, it's always not toasted or not toasted nearly enough. I love everything else about TH but that really grinds my gears.

next time if it's not toasted enough, go back through the drive through, wait until the window opens, and just assault them with whatever food you just purchased. scream something mean like, "toast this you limp wristed B word!"

at least that's how i would handle it.

Worst lids in the business at Tim Horton's. Makes me SMH.

You can give them a travel mug and have them fill that... it is a tad cheaper, you know the coffee was just poured, and the lid stays on - well, double check it when you get it - but the lid should stay on.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal

Duck Donuts down here is the best, made as you order and you decide what toppings etc.

Duck is good but also like Sugar Shack Donuts and WPA bakery. Mrs. Yoders Donuts kicks a$$ but they are mobile. These are local donut places which I assume is also true for Paula's. This is the Richmond, VA area.

Not a chain guy for just about anything food & drink related. Always go with local restaurants no matter where I am which is why I enjoy returning to WNY as so many great independent eateries.

Edited by Mr Info

Yes...and they are perfect. She makes the standard glazed with dark berry filling, but also has granular-coated and powder-coated, and you can get each of them with dark berry filling, strawberry filling, or lemon curd.

The line on Fat Tuesday is about 20-30 people long all day long, but they crank through it pretty quickly.

There's 3 locations now: Tonawanda (across the street from Ted's), Clarence (Main and Harris Hill), and Orchard Park. We have at least a dozen at every tailgate.

I'm coming to YOUR tailgate then.

I'm a donut feind.

I'm coming to YOUR tailgate then.

I'm a donut feind.

I'm about 90% finished with my menu for the upcoming season. We have a theme wear we always make food that is an homage to the opposing team or city...but having at least 2 Paula's per person is a non-negotiable constant.

Tim Hortons donuts taste like they forgot an ingredient. Very bland. As said up thread, the lids on their coffee cups suck. Also the coffee is usually 700 degrees and you have to triple cup it just to hold it. Dunkin is the winner. Hint if you like cream and sugar....only ask for cream at DD. Then add the sugar by packet yourself. That way they dont put 7lbs of sugar in your coffee.

next time if it's not toasted enough, go back through the drive through, wait until the window opens, and just assault them with whatever food you just purchased. scream something mean like, "toast this you limp wristed B word!"

at least that's how i would handle it.

Checking back in. I took your advice. Turns out the "limp wristed B word" could bench about 450. I'm currently on the run.