DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The then-No. 4 Department of Justice (DOJ) official briefed both senior FBI and DOJ officials in summer 2016 about Christopher Steele’s Russia dossier, explicitly cautioning that the British intelligence operative’s work was opposition research connected to Hillary Clinton’s campaign and might be biased.

Ohr’s briefings, in July and August 2016, included the deputy director of the FBI, a top lawyer for then-Attorney General Loretta Lynch and a Justice official who later would become the top deputy to special counsel Robert Mueller.

At the time, Ohr was the associate attorney general. Yet his warnings about political bias were pointedly omitted weeks later from the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrant that the FBI obtained from a federal court, granting it permission to spy on whether the Trump campaign was colluding with Russia to hijack the 2016 presidential election.

Ohr’s activities, chronicled in handwritten notes and congressional testimony I gleaned from sources, provide the most damning evidence to date that FBI and DOJ officials may have misled federal judges in October 2016 in their zeal to obtain the warrant targeting Trump adviser Carter Page just weeks before Election Day.

They also contradict a key argument that House Democrats have made in their formal intelligence conclusions about the Russia case.

I really love how completely irrelevant this is. I mean who cares who hired him (Republicans in the primary and Clinton later on hiring the company that hired him) if Law enforcement agencies consider him a credible source of information and he finds some bad ***** then that is not very good.

10 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I really love how completely irrelevant this is. I mean who cares who hired him (Republicans in the primary and Clinton later on hiring the company that hired him) if Law enforcement agencies consider him a credible source of information and he finds some bad ***** then that is not very good.

It's not irrelevant when it's omitted from a FISA application. If you don't understand why that's an issue and a huge revelation, I suggest you take some time to figure out why what I'm saying is true.

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

Rhino has been ducking for a while and insulting and it doesn't bother me. I think I know why.

At this point, you really think your insults will bother me? 

It doesn't bother you so much that you're threatening "exposing" me online. 

Which is hilarious on multiple levels. 

Image result for you're full of shit gif

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's not irrelevant when it's omitted from a FISA application. If you don't understand why that's an issue and a huge revelation, I suggest you take some time to figure out why what I'm saying is true.

Right but they did include that the source was specifically looking for dirt on Trump but that they found him to be a credible source of information anyway. I mean he wasn't specifically hired by Clinton he was hired by a company that was hired by Republicans in the primary and Clinton for the Fall election and when he gathered information he turned it in to the company and the FBI. Also all this was to get that warrant to use more aggressive means of gathering information on Carter Page. It doesn't some how make information they got when they used those means is bull####.

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Right but they did include that the source was specifically looking for dirt on Trump but that they found him to be a credible source of information anyway. I mean he wasn't specifically hired by Clinton he was hired by a company that was hired by Republicans in the primary and Clinton for the Fall election and when he gathered information he turned it in to the company and the FBI. Also all this was to get that warrant to use more aggressive means of gathering information on Carter Page. It doesn't some how make information they got when they used those means is bull####.

I saw your avatar and thought you were Tiberius. I read your comments and was convinced.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I don't say any of the following to be combative, we've never communicated down here before and I don't want it to be construed as argumentative. I'm a talker and long winded is all :beer: So I break it up point by point just to expound on my own thinking/opinion to further the conversation... 

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Right but they did include that the source was specifically looking for dirt on Trump but that they found him to be a credible source of information anyway. 

I know this thread is 400 pages but there's a lot of really good information back in the early parts of this thread which speak directly to this. Steele was never the source of the information. His credibility is irrelevant when it comes to securing a warrant. Steele collected information from sources, all of it entirely second and third hand, making it impossible to verify any of the sources of his memos or "dossier". That's a really important point that's been purposefully glazed over in the rush to sell the dossier way back in 2016/2017. 

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean he wasn't specifically hired by Clinton he was hired by a company that was hired by Republicans in the primary and Clinton for the Fall election and when he gathered information he turned it in to the company and the FBI. 

This is also not how it went down. It's no longer controversial to state that Fusion GPS was hired by the HRC Campaign and the DNC specifically for the purposes of doing opposition research. Scott Walker, a republican, had hired Fusion GPS to do the same months prior and the contract was ended. There was no Russian dossier or research done by Walker or Fusion until they hired both Nellie Ohr and Christopher Steele directly after being hired by Hillary's campaign in April of 2016. 

The omission in the referenced article are paramount because included in them was that Steele was fired by the FBI, for cause, and then re-engaged for the explicit purpose of creating a circular intelligence loop in the media (through David Corn and Mother Jones) to bolster their case before the FISC. 

10 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Also all this was to get that warrant to use more aggressive means of gathering information on Carter Page.

Have you ever asked why Page? By their own admission they were looking to get this warrant as early as June/July of 2016 but did not secure it until October 2016. By then, Page had been off the campaign for over half a year. Why, in your opinion, did the FBI desperately want a warrant on Page?

11 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

It doesn't some how make information they got when they used those means is bull####.

The first point makes the information they got bull####. The fact the sources cannot be verified is a major problem when you're seeking a warrant at the FISC. To this day, Comey, McCabe and the upper tier of the FBI maintain the dossier remained unverified even after they took it to the court. That, in a vacuum, would be one thing. But they purposefully omitted major context about the origin of the dossier in a deliberate attempt to circumvent the law. 

I know that sounds ticky tack on the surface, especially if you don't like Trump (which is fine, and not what this is about). But you have to understand what the FISC is and what the powers of a FISA warrant actually are. Which is why the Carter Page question I asked above is important. 

:beer:

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I don't say any of the following to be combative, we've never communicated down here before and I don't want it to be construed as argumentative. I'm a talker and long winded is all :beer: So I break it up point by point just to expound on my own thinking/opinion to further the conversation... 

I know this thread is 400 pages but there's a lot of really good information back in the early parts of this thread which speak directly to this. Steele was never the source of the information. His credibility is irrelevant when it comes to securing a warrant. Steele collected information from sources, all of it entirely second and third hand, making it impossible to verify any of the sources of his memos or "dossier". That's a really important point that's been purposefully glazed over in the rush to sell the dossier way back in 2016/2017. 

This is also not how it went down. It's no longer controversial to state that Fusion GPS was hired by the HRC Campaign and the DNC specifically for the purposes of doing opposition research. Scott Walker, a republican, had hired Fusion GPS to do the same months prior and the contract was ended. There was no Russian dossier or research done by Walker or Fusion until they hired both Nellie Ohr and Christopher Steele directly after being hired by Hillary's campaign in April of 2016. 

The omission in the referenced article are paramount because included in them was that Steele was fired by the FBI, for cause, and then re-engaged for the explicit purpose of creating a circular intelligence loop in the media (through David Corn and Mother Jones) to bolster their case before the FISC. 

Have you ever asked why Page? By their own admission they were looking to get this warrant as early as June/July of 2016 but did not secure it until October 2016. By then, Page had been off the campaign for over half a year. Why, in your opinion, did the FBI desperately want a warrant on Page?

The first point makes the information they got bull####. The fact the sources cannot be verified is a major problem when you're seeking a warrant at the FISC. To this day, Comey, McCabe and the upper tier of the FBI maintain the dossier remained unverified even after they took it to the court. That, in a vacuum, would be one thing. But they purposefully omitted major context about the origin of the dossier in a deliberate attempt to circumvent the law. 

I know that sounds ticky tack on the surface, especially if you don't like Trump (which is fine, and not what this is about). But you have to understand what the FISC is and what the powers of a FISA warrant actually are. Which is why the Carter Page question I asked above is important. 

So to start I'm not trying to put words in your mouth I'm just mushing things together to make it easier to respond to feel free to correct what I think you're saying.

From this I get that you're saying that the FBI lied to get the FISA warrant. I can't really say I agree with that but beyond that I'd ask do you think the FBI doesn't/didn't see Steele as a credible source?

16 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

So on this I think you missed what I meant. What I was trying to say is that even if you throw out the warrant and say they shouldn't of been able to do what they did it doesn't make the information they got from it wrong even if it does mean you could throw it out in court.

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

So to start I'm not trying to put words in your mouth I'm just mushing things together to make it easier to respond to feel free to correct what I think you're saying.

From this I get that you're saying that the FBI lied to get the FISA warrant. I can't really say I agree with that but beyond that I'd ask do you think the FBI doesn't/didn't see Steele as a credible source?

All good, it's cleaner to go thought by thought at times. Especially when it's such a nuanced (and divisive) subject.

As for the first part: I'm not the only one saying the FBI lied to get the FISA warrant, testimony from Bruce Ohr - then the number 4 guy at the DOJ - says the FBI lied to get the FISA warrant. And he's not the only one who has said or suggested so.

As for Steele and the FBI: Steele was not a source, his credibility was not at issue because he wasn't a witness to anything he reported to the FBI. That's a big distinction to keep in mind. The FBI knew he was hired by Fusion GPS/HRC to dig into Trump, they also knew - by nature of reading the memos/dossier - that the entire thing was next to impossible to verify because it was all second and third (sometimes fourth) hand information. 

In other words, the people Steele wrote about in that memo are the sources, not Steele who was just the collector of the witness accounts. 

I'd also clarify that I'm not speaking of the entire FBI, but rather the upper echelon of their leadership who were knowingly breaking the law to set up surveillance on a presidential candidate. 

13 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

So on this I think you missed what I meant. What I was trying to say is that even if you throw out the warrant and say they shouldn't of been able to do what they did it doesn't make the information they got from it wrong even if it does mean you could throw it out in court.

The dossier remains unverified to this day because its contents cannot be proven and are likely incorrect. It's fiction intended to be used as a political weapon, which was then turned into cause to back engineer a FISA warrant on a presidential candidate. 

In my opinion, this was done to cover up the existence of a long term illegal surveillance operation which had been operating out of the DOJ/FBI until March of 2016. This illegal surveillance operation was used largely for political purposes, its existence becoming public was a gigantic threat to administration itself. But that's a longer story. 

21 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

All good, it's cleaner to go thought by thought at times. Especially when it's such a nuanced (and divisive) subject.

As for the first part: I'm not the only one saying the FBI lied to get the FISA warrant, testimony from Bruce Ohr - then the number 4 guy at the DOJ - says the FBI lied to get the FISA warrant. And he's not the only one who has said or suggested so.

As for Steele and the FBI: Steele was not a source, his credibility was not at issue because he wasn't a witness to anything he reported to the FBI. That's a big distinction to keep in mind. The FBI knew he was hired by Fusion GPS/HRC to dig into Trump, they also knew - by nature of reading the memos/dossier - that the entire thing was next to impossible to verify because it was all second and third (sometimes fourth) hand information. 

In other words, the people Steele wrote about in that memo are the sources, not Steele who was just the collector of the witness accounts. 

I'd also clarify that I'm not speaking of the entire FBI, but rather the upper echelon of their leadership who were knowingly breaking the law to set up surveillance on a presidential candidate.

That's kind of the type of source Steele is isn't he? He's a source of information maybe you can't use it in court as evidence but you can use it to point you in directions to look for evidence. To find him credible is to me to think information he brings you is worth looking into.

So in this conspiracy against Trump does upper echelon of leadership include Comey because that makes no sense.

32 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The dossier remains unverified to this day because its contents cannot be proven and are likely incorrect. It's fiction intended to be used as a political weapon, which was then turned into cause to back engineer a FISA warrant on a presidential candidate. 

In my opinion, this was done to cover up the existence of a long term illegal surveillance operation which had been operating out of the DOJ/FBI until March of 2016. This illegal surveillance operation was used largely for political purposes, its existence becoming public was a gigantic threat to administration itself. But that's a longer story. 

I don't know if we can really confirm that until we see what Mueller has.

• Like (+1) 1

The rats are jumping!

So there was collusion, Rudy just said so:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/giuliani-claims-i-never-said-there-was-no-collusion-in-trump-campaign

"Trump previously denied any member of his campaign conspired with Russian officials. In May 2017, Trump flatly stated: "There is no collusion, certainly myself and my campaign."

Oops!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

The rats are jumping!

So there was collusion, Rudy just said so:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/giuliani-claims-i-never-said-there-was-no-collusion-in-trump-campaign

"Trump previously denied any member of his campaign conspired with Russian officials. In May 2017, Trump flatly stated: "There is no collusion, certainly myself and my campaign."

Oops!

To be fair I never know if Rudy knows what day of the week it is let alone what he's talking about. I mean how did that guy get elected mayor he seems like one of the most incompetent lawyers ever.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Kemp said:

Your questions can all be answered by a red pill from galactic.

Another mystery cleared up by a giant intellect.

Galactic knows all. If you don't get it, ask Rhino. He understands.

You afford this board nothing or addition and only take away from it as an over zealous asshat that is so obtuse and beyond reason you waste other's time due to your limited ability to be honest and intellectually capable. 

I would literally pay you $.50 a post you don't make and those that respond to you $1/post they don't reply. Beyond blocking you it's annoying to watch the likes of GG and TrannyGreg waste time with you when you won't give them respect they deserve.