DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

Just now, peace out said:

Cohen and 'Individual 1' conspired with Russia 

Link to that portion? Still going through it and haven't seen that.

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Tax evasion + loan falsification (the taxi medallions starting in 2012). The illegal campaign contributions is a little convoluted to me, apparently, he did something wrong between 2015 and 2017, but I couldn't follow that bouncing ball.

;):beer: 

So far Mueller is saying Cohen had a big mouth and less access to Trump than he advertised to people who were paying him.

First (very fast) read of the filing shows there's not much here that hasn't been known for some time. All the taxi stuff has been known, ditto with the payments to the two women. Nothing about collusion or conspiring with Russians or anything to do with the election itself (and Russia). He met with Mueller's team 2 times, and most of the other times were spent with the SDNY talking taxis. 

This is a big ol' strike for Mueller (if you subscribe to Mueller trying to take down Trump - if you subscribe to the more fringe idea that Mueller's doing something else, it kind of fits that box neatly).

:lol: Notice the dodge. He doesn't answer at all because he knows it was bullshite and knew it at the time

Reports are that the Manafort filing (which is due by midnight) will be heavily redacted. 

If that's the case, many will try to turn that into proof of Russian collusion. I'll remind people that the investigation into Mecury and Podesta Group is ongoing and likely would require major redactions to preserve its integrity. That's far more likely to be the reason than Russian Collusion based on everything else we know.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Fred Gwynne

fred-gwynne.jpg

I can only imagine Mueller taking the testimony of NYC attorney...

"Tell me about your association with Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner."

"Mr. Mueller, the first time I met those two yutes was..."

"Excuse me...what is a 'yute?'"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I can only imagine Mueller taking the testimony of NYC attorney...

"Tell me about your association with Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner."

"Mr. Mueller, the first time I met those two yutes was..."

"Excuse me...what is a 'yute?'"

"Next time you step into my court room, you're to be wearing a suit made of some kind of cloth."

24 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

You're such a pathetic little disease.

In your own words, you feeble minded dolt, what does this mean?

The author of that is KellyAnn Conway's husband. He is jealous of Trump and the time she spends with him.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

The author of that is KellyAnn Conway's husband. He is jealous of Trump and the time she spends with him.

I don't think you are far wrong that he has a real issue with her working for Trump. Not sure if it is jealousy or something else, but there is no denying the man hates Trump. How far he will go to "get Trump" I do not know. Makes me wonder why KellyAnn stays married to him.

18 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I don't think you are far wrong that he has a real issue with her working for Trump. Not sure if it is jealousy or something else, but there is no denying the man hates Trump. How far he will go to "get Trump" I do not know. Makes me wonder why KellyAnn stays married to him.

He's put her in a situation that I would never put a spouse in. Shameless.

• Like (+1) 3

This story popped up in my news feed earlier today, and I didn't notice until later tonight because of the ominous headline.  I read it, and laughed at the progression:

Rudy Giuliani hints that today's Manafort hearing will indict Trump, Trump Jr., Kushner

Friday December 07, 2018 · 2:29 PM EST

To coin a phrase … boom. Friday is the deadline for Special Counsel Robert Mueller to explain why he feels that Trump campaign chair Paul Manafort has repeatedly lied to investigators and breached his plea deal. Considering the number and nature of the charges against Manafort, it’s entirely possible that those lies could have been about his money laundering for Russian oligarchs. Or his foreign lobbying for Russian oligarchs. Or failing to properly report the money he was being funneled by Russian oligarchs. Or overthrowing governments for Russian oligarchs.

But it’s beginning to appear that Manafort was lying about that other thing he did for Russian oligarchs: Running the Trump campaign. In particular, Mueller’s team reportedly did not believe Manafort when he told them that Trump did not know that Trump Tower meeting between his top campaign staff and Russian operatives.

Sounds pretty bad

Rudy Giuliani set the stage on Friday afternoon, playing the “Manafort said that Mueller said” game of political telephone. As he has on other occasions, Giuliani seemed to be trying to get out front of the coming crazy, saying that what got Manafort in trouble wasn’t lying about his crimes. It was lying about Trump’s.

But, then - Oh, never mind.

Friday, Dec 7, 2018 · 6:35:13 PM EST · Mark Sumner

And … no. Now that the documents for Manafort are out, there’s not a lot of juicy material there. Unless i missed it. Which could be the case.

The Cohen-related material was much more damning this time around. 

• Haha (+1) 1