DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

They are when you insert the timeline told to us by Comey's FBI. 

They didn't know anything about it until Steele's dossier, per Comey's testimony. Then suddenly everyone in every IC outfit in the world knew. 

Quote the testimony - I'm interested. I looked for the last 10 minutes and could not find this.

Just now, peace out said:

Quote the testimony - I'm interested. I looked for the last 10 minutes and could not find this.

I'm remote at the moment. Read his memos, especially about CNN needing a "hook". Then read his testimony after he was fired when he called for a SC. It's all there. 

They had the dossier, it was (and remained as recently as a few months ago per Comey) "salacious and unverified" - until he brought it up to Trump in his meeting. Then it was "news", Buzzfeed printed it in full. Fast forward to 2017 and suddenly MI6, GCHQ, the Aussies, and other 5-Eye IC outfits were running stories they knew all about this for years... despite each and every claim made in that time being sourced back to the dossier itself, rather than new information/confirmation. 

That's why the dossier remains, per everyone who is asked directly about it, "largely unverified". 

It can't be "largely unverified" while also being so well known in IC circles that they didn't need Steele's work to make the case Trump and Putin colluded.

9 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

A whole 10 minutes.  You is edumacated.

How's your career going?

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I'm remote at the moment. Read his memos, especially about CNN needing a "hook". Then read his testimony after he was fired when he called for a SC. It's all there. 

They had the dossier, it was (and remained as recently as a few months ago per Comey) "salacious and unverified" - until he brought it up to Trump in his meeting. Then it was "news", Buzzfeed printed it in full. Fast forward to 2017 and suddenly MI6, GCHQ, the Aussies, and other 5-Eye IC outfits were running stories they knew all about this for years... despite each and every claim made in that time being sourced back to the dossier itself, rather than new information/confirmation. 

That's why the dossier remains, per everyone who is asked directly about it, "largely unverified". 

It can't be "largely unverified" while also being so well known in IC circles that they didn't need Steele's work to make the case Trump and Putin colluded.

Comey should have said it in plain black in white if what you claim - They didn't know anything about it until Steele's dossier, per Comey's testimony - is true. I've read Comey's testimony in the past and do not recall this. I'm searching through it now with relevant keywords and also cannot find it. When you have time, I'd be interested. 

Enjoy your travels.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The deal never came together, thus - regardless of when the negotiations were happening, there was no deal.

Read Cohen's plea. He said he stopped talking with Sater about the deal in January of 16, now he says it was in June of 16, but the deal never materialized regardless. Meaning, Trump has no deals in Russia and never has. 

(2:1)

No deal because the Russia scandal broke, duh! 

I mean, come on. 

57 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Wait... Was Cohen lying then, or is he lying now? ?

Good thing they have tons of documents and recordings to figure it out. 

Criminal president. 

27 minutes ago, peace out said:

Comey should have said it in plain black in white if what you claim - They didn't know anything about it until Steele's dossier, per Comey's testimony - is true.

Trying to figure out what you're asking here, not trying to be difficult... 

By "didn't know anything about it", I mean the intelligence about Trump/Russia collusion/connections outlined in the Steele dossier. It wasn't until well after Buzzfeed published the dossier, and well after Comey was fired, that the talking point became "everyone in the IC knew about these Trump/Russia connections/collusion with or without Steele's work".

That's false, based on the timeline of the FBI investigation (as we're told) and Comey's and others testimony. 

If the IC knew all this before Steele's work, they'd be able to back it up and the dossier wouldn't remain "largely unverified and salacious" (Comey's words if you want to search by those key words in his memos/testimony to the House Intel committee). By his own admission he didn't brief the Gang of 8 or Congress on these "well known" facts until October of '16 (which was when the NYTs first ran a piece about the dossier's existence) because it was so sensitive (in IC talk that means it's not knowledge that a lot of people know/were aware of). If everyone knew this before Steele's work, it wouldn't be sensitive - it would be known. 

If Steele's work was nothing more than a regurgitation of long established, well known facts inside the IC world - rather than inventions based on second hand (sometimes third hand) hearsay - the entire timeline of the FBI investigation would be different. They wouldn't have needed the dossier to get the FISA (remember, they tried and failed to get FISAs in June of '16 on several Trump team members), they could have used the facts which were so well known inside the IC world to make their case to the FISC. 

McCabe testified they would not have been able to secure the FISA without the dossier. That, in addition to the many other statements made by Comey and others about the origin of the investigation, doesn't jive with the idea Sipher was making in the originally referenced tweet. 

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No deal because the Russia scandal broke, duh! 

I mean, come on. 

The Russian scandal didn't break until October '16 officially. It wasn't even a talking point in the media until early fall... 

Cohen's "conversations" ended in June. Without a deal. 

So that timeline doesn't work, Tibs. :beer: 

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The Russian scandal didn't break until October '16 officially. It wasn't even a talking point in the media until early fall... 

Cohen's "conversations" ended in June. Without a deal. 

So that timeline doesn't work, Tibs. :beer: 

That's factually incorrect. Manafort resigned in the summer. I suspect his outing by the media, the obvious Russia interference that WAS very much talked about are the reasons the deal went quiet. 

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

That's factually incorrect. Manafort resigned in the summer. I suspect his outing by the media, the obvious Russia interference that WAS very much talked about are the reasons the deal went quiet. 

Russian collusion wasn't a campaign talking point until October, starting with this HRC tweet (proven false btw) about Alpha Bank: 

The first mention in the MSM of Russian collusion was in late September in Yahoo: 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-s-intel-officials-probe-ties-between-trump-adviser-and-kremlin-175046002.html

(This article was used to bolster the dossier in the FISC - circular intelligence - and also plays a role in the question Peace asked above)

The "deal" (and I put it in quotes because it's likely Cohen wasn't talking about a deal) was ended in June. 

The timeline doesn't work, Tibs. :beer: 

• Like (+1) 1

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/trump-putin-yes-it-s-really-a-thing

July 23, 2016 4:15 pm

Over the last year there has been a recurrent refrain about the seeming bromance between Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin. More seriously, but relatedly, many believe Trump is an admirer and would-be emulator of Putin’s increasingly autocratic and illiberal rule. But there’s quite a bit more to the story. At a minimum, Trump appears to have a deep financial dependence on Russian money from persons close to Putin. And this is matched to a conspicuous solicitousness to Russian foreign policy interests where they come into conflict with US policies which go back decades through administrations of both parties. There is also something between a non-trivial and a substantial amount of evidence suggesting Putin-backed financial support for Trump or a non-tacit alliance between the two men.

17 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Russian collusion wasn't a campaign talking point until October, starting with this HRC tweet (proven false btw) about Alpha Bank: 

The first mention in the MSM of Russian collusion was in late September in Yahoo: 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-s-intel-officials-probe-ties-between-trump-adviser-and-kremlin-175046002.html

(This article was used to bolster the dossier in the FISC - circular intelligence - and also plays a role in the question Peace asked above)

The "deal" (and I put it in quotes because it's likely Cohen wasn't talking about a deal) was ended in June. 

Interesting point about Alfa Bank, though...

Alfa’s principals and representatives have enjoyed access to U.S. politicians at the highest levels. Fridman and Aven met several times with officials at the Obama White House

:huh:

• Like (+1) 1

Must be closing in on the criminal, he is losing it...

When will this illegal Joseph McCarthy style Witch Hunt, one that has shattered so many innocent lives, ever end-or will it just go on forever? After wasting more than $40,000,000 (is that possible?), it has proven only one thing-there was NO Collusion with Russia. So Ridiculous!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 29, 2018

The “illegal” Mueller probe has shattered “innocent lives” like that of Manafort — something that could be used to justify either trying to close down the probe, or pardoning Manafort, or perhaps both.

But nah, I'm sure it's just the vicious MSM spewing lies, and there's nothing to see here. Of course.

And from Seth Abramson on Twitter: “I don't think people appreciate yet what's happening. If Trump was secretly working a 9-figure real estate deal with a Kremlin-connected Russian oligarch AFTER he received his August 17, 2016 classified briefing telling him Russia was attacking America—Houston, we have a problem. 2/ Keep in mind Trump KNEW his deal with Rozov involved Kremlin consent because COHEN TOLD HIM SO after speaking repeatedly with Sater. So Trump was *knowingly doing business with active enemies of the US* while promising them the most historically pro-Russia foreign policy ever.”

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The Republican convention was over the summer when everyone was asking why the GOP platform had been changed. Trump had the smell of Russia on him way before you are trying to make it. 

Good luck to you defending this clown. God knows what you see in Trump.