If Sammy stays healthy extend him no matter what.

Playing with Tyrod I really don't expect that much production from Sammy or any of the receivers. However if Sammy stays healthy they should extend him because they know what he's capable of and his possible lack of production most likely won't be his fault. I'm just looking for him to remain healthy for the season. That would be good enough for me until a new qb arrives in Buffalo.

Actually 'they' don't know what he is capable of, they have likely only seen old film, the folks who know what he is capable of are no longer here, lol, its a transition year where 'they' get to know Sammy, and Sammy wins him over, or not

Both with his play, his desire, his character, you name it

jc

Edited by wilcoam

If Sammy stays healthy he will have a monster year, simple as that. He's just too talented. If he stays healthy, he will be the player we saw over the last nine games of '15 (it's a shame he couldn't pick up where he left off heading into '16). If he stays healthy, he will be extended or tagged.

If Sammy stays healthy he will have a monster year, simple as that. He's just too talented. If he stays healthy, he will be the player we saw over the last nine games of '15 (it's a shame he couldn't pick up where he left off heading into '16). If he stays healthy, he will be extended or tagged.

I understand that but he will only be as good as Tyrod will allow him to be. I believe he can stay healthy and I also believe he's one of the best route runners in the league. The problem is he don't always get the looks. He had to beg for the ball one season and he still didn't get the ball on a consistent basis but when he got his opportunities he shined. I'll just look for a healthy Sammy. A productive Sammy is up to Tyrod. And I really wouldn't depend that.

if he makes it through 16 games, (or something very close to that) trading him away would be a big mistake. the talent and desire is definitely there.

Exactly. I'm not really looking forward to production. I'm looking forward to him playing all 16 games or at least 13. Production will depend on qb play and I don't know enough about Peterman and I don't trust Tyrod.

I understand that but he will only be as good as Tyrod will allow him to be. I believe he can stay healthy and I also believe he's one of the best route runners in the league. The problem is he don't always get the looks. He had to beg for the ball one season and he still didn't get the ball on a consistent basis but when he got his opportunities he shined. I'll just look for a healthy Sammy. A productive Sammy is up to Tyrod. And I really wouldn't depend that.

I understand and I agree about TT as a QB. But did you see how good TT allowed him to be the second half of '15? That was an elite stretch of games even with all of TT's shortcomings. I doubt TT will be any worse at this stage so I see no reason why Sammy can't be just as productive if healthy.

Exactly. I'm not really looking forward to production. I'm looking forward to him playing all 16 games or at least 13. Production will depend on qb play and I don't know enough about Peterman and I don't trust Tyrod.

i think production becomes an issue if he stays healthy and has a 500-600 yard, 6 td season. i don't see a scenario in which that would happen, but it would have to be something extreme like that to consider production an issue.

I understand and I agree about TT as a QB. But did you see how good TT allowed him to be the second half of '15? That was an elite stretch of games even with all of TT's shortcomings. I doubt TT will be any worse at this stage so I see no reason why Sammy can't be just as productive if healthy.

Please go back and really look at those games again and you will see it really was Sammy that made Tyrod look better then he actually was. That Houston game Sammy only had 2 catches but he had over 100yds. He wasn't targeted that much at all that game. That KC game he dominated the first half and the second half he was targeted one time if that. The only game the second half of the season that Tyrod got Sammy the ball consistently was the Jets game. The second half of the season really wasn't what people think it was. Sammy was just getting a chunk of yards on the minimal targets he had.

Playing with Tyrod I really don't expect that much production from Sammy or any of the receivers. However if Sammy stays healthy they should extend him because they know what he's capable of and his possible lack of production most likely won't be his fault. I'm just looking for him to remain healthy for the season. That would be good enough for me until a new qb arrives in Buffalo.

Just out of curiosity, why exactly is Sammy agreeing to an extension? Why wouldn't he choose a deal from a team where he would be used more and, thus, more valuable? Why would the Bills offer as much as a team that would get more out of him?

Please go back and really look at those games again and you will see it really was Sammy that made Tyrod look better then he actually was. That Houston game Sammy only had 2 catches but he had over 100yds. He wasn't targeted that much at all that game. That KC game he dominated the first half and the second half he was targeted one time if that. The only game the second half of the season that Tyrod got Sammy the ball consistently was the Jets game. The second half of the season really wasn't what people think it was. Sammy was just getting a chunk of yards on the minimal targets he had.

Like the old saying goes, they don't ask how, only how many.

I get the point, but all great receivers get yards in big chunks. And what makes Sammy's stretch in '15 so remarkable, in addition to doing it with a limited QB, was that he got those yards on that limited number of targets you mentioned. If Sammy is healthy and Dennison distributes like he has in the past, I think the days of limited targets for Sammy is over. Which leaves me to believe he will have no problem posting big numbers. Again, even with TT's shortcomings.

Get it that you hate TT. He is the QB, I believe he is better than you think. As for Sammy, I hope he makes it all 16 games, hope he plays up to what was paid for him. But the team has cap issues and to keep him "at any cost" may not be in the best interest of building the team.

Like the old saying goes, they don't ask how, only how many.

I get the point, but all great receivers get yards in big chunks. And what makes Sammy's stretch in '15 so remarkable, in addition to doing it with a limited QB, was that he got those yards on that limited number of targets you mentioned. If Sammy is healthy and Dennison distributes like he has in the past, I think the days of limited targets for Sammy is over. Which leaves me to believe he will have no problem posting big numbers. Again, even with TT's shortcomings.

You're right and it's also further proof that the Bills should definitely do what it take to keep Sammy even if he do just stay healthy and lack production below expectations.

Get it that you hate TT. He is the QB, I believe he is better than you think. As for Sammy, I hope he makes it all 16 games, hope he plays up to what was paid for him. But the team has cap issues and to keep him "at any cost" may not be in the best interest of building the team.

Hate is a strong word and I don't know him to hate him. I just don't believe he's a good qb. Bottom line. And if he's better then I think why would he settle for a restructured deal for lesser money, especially considering how many afc teams need a qb. Bottom line is not many teams were high on Tyrod at all.

Damn. Just look at that post. "If he stays healthy but doesn't produce we should re-sign him because he's such a stud" (in so many words). Bullchit!! We saw what Stephanie Gilmore did last year...play just enough not to get hurt. If he wants to walk let him. McDeerlick wants players who want to be here and want to win...not guys who sell their gear on Facebook with catchy phrases like "Here's a tshirt for you guys with your lil' old jobs".

Damn. Just look at that post. "If he stays healthy but doesn't produce we should re-sign him because he's such a stud" (in so many words). Bullchit!! We saw what Stephanie Gilmore did last year...play just enough not to get hurt. If he wants to walk let him. McDeerlick wants players who want to be here and want to win...not guys who sell their gear on Facebook with catchy phrases like "Here's a tshirt for you guys with your lil' old jobs".

Did Sammy really say that? Damn, that's pretty conscending.

Did Sammy really say that? Damn, that's pretty conscending.

Thank you. Just somebody that couldn't wait to be negative for the day. I've never heard anywhere that Sammy don't want to be here. Also I never heard or mentioned that Sammy will go out there and not give a full effort. However there have been plenty of times where Sammy is out there running around for basically nothing. As long as I see effort and a health season that's good enough for me period.

Thank you. Just somebody that couldn't wait to be negative for the day. I've never heard anywhere that Sammy don't want to be here. Also I never heard or mentioned that Sammy will go out there and not give a full effort. However there have been plenty of times where Sammy is out there running around for basically nothing. As long as I see effort and a health season that's good enough for me period.

Well, if that's your idea of success (for a fella that plays basketball but can't make it to OTA's) then have fun with that. I would prefer a player who doesn't sell his wares on FB. And yes...Sam did say "y'all should worry about your 'lil old jobs".

If Sammy's FOOT is ok going forward you sign him or tag him or whatever no matter what. When him and tyrod are healthy and together on the field they yeild great results. Other than the foot injury his injury history is typical of NFL football players. Stay healthy and ball out Sammy samwhich. Lets all not run our first legit #1 receiver since Moulds out of town because we've been mad for decades.