If Sammy has a breakout 2017 year - How will the office feel

It's only simple if the player. Wants to remain here. He does not have too sign. Sure there would be a holdout. I would think he felt somewhat pissed at this. Make it up and extend him late this season. Somewhere maybe on this board.somebody said around 5% of players not extended the 5th year option don't resign with the team that drafted them. Pretty sure sammy will not shed a tear if he plays elsehwere.

Just a wild guess I bet 31 other NFL teams would take him if healthy. And the crazy money would be more than the new staff values him. They have zero attachment to the 23'year old stud receiver. The fact that some think the 5th year option comes out of their own pockets is perplexing. Don't let #14 out of the door. The team is devoid of playmakers on offense. Past #14 and a 29 year old high mileage back. To think the receiver corps is set for 17 is simply mot true. No Sammy in 18 would not be good at all. Of course the QB has nothing too do with recievers putting up elite numbers either.

the franchise tag is available if needed. If he doesn't want to sign they can franchise him. If he doesn't sign or refuses to play he can't play for anybody else. Most WRs are divas by nature for some reason but I don't think Sammy will pull some bull ****. IF he symtays healthy and plays well, he'll get paid. If not well i guess we'll see.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SAMMY IS GONE NO MATTER WHAT HE DOES !!

#1- the chances of sammy playing all 16 games is slim. the chances he gets a pro bowl nod are slimmer.

#2 - look at the Carolina Panthers current Salary Cap. the highest paid WR counts $2.5 mil against the cap.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/cap/

I love Sammy, he's a stud, but I don't think McD/Beane will commit franchise tag dollars to the WR position.

I have liked almost everything McD has done but the move to not extend Watkins was unquestionably a giant rookie mistake. It makes no sense whatsoever no matter how anyone tries to spin it. When you take overall talent level and age into account, Sammy is clearly the Bills #1 talent and thus our #1 asset. Our rookies are younger. You can argue that Shady is more talented....Sammy has youth and talent, was there to be locked up for another year and McD said "nah". There are lots of theories as to why, but I would rather not speculate and sound negative toward the coach. Overall I am liking him so far but this one was weird and it wasn't smart at all.

Moving forward the odds Sammy stays decreased and the value we can receive in return if he leaves has fallen drastically. All of this is because of an odd decision on what should have been a complete no brainer. Personally I want him to stay but if he leaves if would have been better to get more in return. The Saints got a low first for Brandin Cooks who's is a good player whose talent is Mars compared to Sammy's Jupiter, but now another team has to pay for Sammy right away, whereas the dirtbags got Cooks and his fifth year option.

I have liked almost everything McD has done but the move to not extend Watkins was unquestionably a giant rookie mistake. It makes no sense whatsoever no matter how anyone tries to spin it. When you take overall talent level and age into account, Sammy is clearly the Bills #1 talent and thus our #1 asset. Our rookies are younger. You can argue that Shady is more talented....Sammy has youth and talent, was there to be locked up for another year and McD said "nah". There are lots of theories as to why, but I would rather not speculate and sound negative toward the coach. Overall I am liking him so far but this one was weird and it wasn't smart at all.

Moving forward the odds Sammy stays decreased and the value we can receive in return if he leaves has fallen drastically. All of this is because of an odd decision on what should have been a complete no brainer. Personally I want him to stay but if he leaves if would have been better to get more in return. The Saints got a low first for Brandin Cooks who's is a good player whose talent is Mars compared to Sammy's Jupiter, but now another team has to pay for Sammy right away, whereas the dirtbags got Cooks and his fifth year option.

what if the bills had highly confidential "inside" information on Sammy that they are prevented by law from discussing publicly......that contributed to their decision ???

you know....like his medicals ??

what if the bills had highly confidential "inside" information on Sammy that they are prevented by law from discussing publicly......that contributed to their decision ???

you know....like his medicals ??

If so, then they either made the right decision or have bad doctors. If not, then everything I said applies.

Are you rooting for Sammy's career to be over so that McD doesn't look bad?

If so, then they either made the right decision or have bad doctors. If not, then everything I said applies.

Are you rooting for Sammy's career to be over so that McD doesn't look bad?

not at all

if healthy Sammy is a Top 10 WR in this league. i'm cheering for him.

the big question is his health status.....

and then is it wise to invest heavily at WR vs another position when building long term ?? (that is very debatable)

Sammy will have a stellar year, we'll sign him to a long term deal worth loads of $$$$$$$$$$ and then he'll kick his feet up (probably hurting himself while he does it, mind you) go on cruise control and call it a career............and we'll be stuck with a cap issue and a WR with no heart.

SAMMY IS GONE NO MATTER WHAT HE DOES !!

#1- the chances of sammy playing all 16 games is slim. the chances he gets a pro bowl nod are slimmer.

#2 - look at the Carolina Panthers current Salary Cap. the highest paid WR counts $2.5 mil against the cap.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/cap/

I love Sammy, he's a stud, but I don't think McD/Beane will commit franchise tag dollars to the WR position.

....um, long, LONG way off from that decision.....as in how is he lookin' so far??..............