Man sues airline for being stuck sitting next to a fat-a$$

That's a big reason why I would never travel across the Pacific. Did it in the 70's, and swore next time would be on a super sonic plane. Didn't think that was an unreasonable expectation 45 years ago! International flights operating out there should have larger seats.

Having done flight plans for trans-pacific flights, back when the 747-100's could only fly 8 hrs, without landing, weight is very critical. I used to call the gate to get a "kid count." If I needed more help, I'd ask for an "oriental count." I know, that's so un-PC but that was the 70's & 80's and the little people weight adjustment make a difference. That didn't work too well with the Manila flights because they carry 2x their body weight in baggage. So, based on that, obese passengers should be paying a higher fare.

Weight is still money! That''s why everybody is flying with minimum fuel. Fuel=weight, and reducing weight saves money. If there are any un-forecast enroute winds or weather, you're going to make a "complimentary" fuel stop somewhere.

My wife usually texts me when her row is all seated. "Oh NO, a fattie on both sides!". Or "UGH! I just know the guy on the aisle is gonna snore!". Sometimes, "I think I got lucky!".

I sat by a guy once who was so short and fat that his arms didn't hang right - they balanced on his fat. I'm not lying when I say his elbow was pretty much in the middle of my seat. He looked at me with that sheepish look and said "Sorry." I glared at him and said "Probably not gonna keep you from having lunch, right?"

Needless to say, we didn't end up being friends.

They've kicked people off for being too big. Kevin Smith was one....

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/35406030/ns/travel-news/t/oversized-kevin-smith-ejected-flight/

As well they should, in addition to charging the fuel portion of the ticket based on weight of passenger + luggage.

There are larger seats available for purchase and many other forms of transportation available for those who can't fit in a seat.

I sat by a guy once who was so short and fat that his arms didn't hang right - they balanced on his fat. I'm not lying when I say his elbow was pretty much in the middle of my seat. He looked at me with that sheepish look and said "Sorry." I glared at him and said "Probably not gonna keep you from having lunch, right?"Needless to say, we didn't end up being friends.

The seven mini-pretzels in that bag is probably not how he got that way.

I'm fine with the limited food, it's hard enough to get to a bathroom as it is.

The seven mini-pretzels in that bag is probably not how he got that way.

I'm fine with the limited food, it's hard enough to get to a bathroom as it is.

And as long as that allows them to keep the cocktails at $5 a pop! 👍🏻

My wife usually texts me when her row is all seated. "Oh NO, a fattie on both sides!". Or "UGH! I just know the guy on the aisle is gonna snore!". Sometimes, "I think I got lucky!".

I fly frequently to the Dubai/Qatar/Middle East area. LONG flights. I absolutely will not take a middle seat, and thankfully have enough miles on various airlines that I don't have to.

The worst however, is sitting with the seat empty beside you as the last person comes on the plane. You're watching that last person, hoping you're going to have the empty space for the next 13 hours. Then that person walks by, and you smile and settle in - get the tablet out, put the sound cancelling headphones on, relax...and some fatass, sweaty, stinky jerkoff who was late comes busting up the gangplank into the plane and you see the stewardess point right at your row.

Damnit.

I fly frequently to the Dubai/Qatar/Middle East area. LONG flights. I absolutely will not take a middle seat, and thankfully have enough miles on various airlines that I don't have to.

The worst however, is sitting with the seat empty beside you as the last person comes on the plane. You're watching that last person, hoping you're going to have the empty space for the next 13 hours. Then that person walks by, and you smile and settle in - get the tablet out, put the sound cancelling headphones on, relax...and some fatass, sweaty, stinky jerkoff who was late comes busting up the gangplank into the plane and you see the stewardess point right at your row.

Damnit.

That must be brutal! Do you get used to it? My mother in law is from Lebanon and still has a place there. My wife's made that trip A LOT, and it takes her a while to recover. No good direct flights. Long flights and layovers.....

She just texted, on her way back from NYC, has an aisle seat and the middle is empty. HA! You'd think she won the lottery with all the happy little emoji's!

That must be brutal! Do you get used to it? My mother in law is from Lebanon and still has a place there. My wife's made that trip A LOT, and it takes her a while to recover. No good direct flights. Long flights and layovers.....

She just texted, on her way back from NYC, has an aisle seat and the middle is empty. HA! You'd think she won the lottery with all the happy little emoji's!

It's going to get worse if they ban all elecrotronic devices. I just try to get the window and sleep a lot.

If they bad laptops and sure on planes there will be a reduction in number of people who fly. Items still disappear from luggage either from baggage handlers or TSA and you are told not to put valuable items in luggage (to not tempt them). What is a person going to do if they need to bring their laptop?