TD Has Talked To 5 Teams RE Henry

Hearst was a 49er during the 2003 season, was let go after. Barlow became the undisputed #1 last season, couldn't get it done.

That clear enough or should I type slower?

258805[/snapback]

That's not what your first post said now is it???

Duh, which way did they go George

Indy makes sense. If Edge wins his attempt to get out of Indy.

258958[/snapback]

Peyton Manning would kill Travis halfway through the season, if Travis didn't get Peyton killed first.

I'd rather have Dominic Rhodes and James Mungro than Travis Henry, anyway.

That's not what your first post said now is it???

Duh, which way did they go George

258961[/snapback]

In the interests of maintaining a kinder and gentler TSW I WILL NOT say "Holy crap were you born dumb or did it take being dropped on your head a few times to get this way". Nope, won't say that at all.

My first post said- Hearst was let go (doesn't imply when he was let go, I'm assuming the posters here are knowledgable about football and know he was released after the 2003 season) and that Barlow couldn't cut it as # 1. Notice I said couldn't, implying that he had the previous season as #1 to himself. Now he couldn't have had the #1 to himself if Hearst was still there, could he? If I was talking about the upcoming season, I would have said Barlow can't cut it as #1.

That clear enough for you George?

Oh yeah forgot Miami. 

Steve I know San Fran has been talked to.

258779[/snapback]

Since this is a weak draft, maybe we would trade up and get the first pick for TH and a throw in pick... Then trade back down into the mid round and start stockpiling picks.

That would be awesome. :)

IMO, I dont want to get bent over if we get rid of Henry. I want to at least be equally compensated or get the better deal. We keep him for another year, we dont have to worry about a backup RB and he will be great insurance if mcgahee gets hurt.

Think of it this way...if there are 5 teams that need a RB, one of them is going to be screwed by Draft Day.

Team One: Lamont Jordon (the only decent FA RB)

Team Two: Benson

Team Three: Brown

Team Four: Williams

Team Five: Screwed beyond belief

I'm not worried about moving Henry at all, I just hope that TD can spice up the deal and we can land Shelton.

my guess would be:

arizona

oakland

san fransisco

tampa

cleveland

other possibilities:

miami

dallas

minnesota

i don't think indy has been involved yet as they tagged james. if they conclude they can't resign EJ and move him before we've moved TH, then i see indy making a call

In the interests of maintaining a kinder and gentler TSW I WILL NOT say "Holy crap were you born dumb or did it take being dropped on your head a few times to get this way". Nope, won't say that at all.

My first post said- Hearst was let go (doesn't imply when he was let go, I'm assuming the posters here are knowledgable about football and know he was released after the 2003 season) and that Barlow couldn't cut it as # 1. Notice I said couldn't, implying that he had the previous season as #1 to himself. Now he couldn't have had the #1 to himself if Hearst was still there, could he? If I was talking about the upcoming season, I would have said Barlow can't cut it as #1.

That clear enough for you George?

258994[/snapback]

Would it be wrong of me to say that I understood your point about San Fran? Don't want to offend anyone around here, never know when the sniping may start :ph34r:

Say George, which way did he go?

Aside from Arizona, which five teams do you think Donahoe has talked with regarding Travis?

My guesses:

1. Arizona -- Duh

2. Oakland -- Fargas and Wheatley won't cut it if Zeroue's gone.

3. Green Bay -- Ahman Green has little behind him; they want to run more.

4. Lions -- Trade for Stockar MdDougle

5. TBay -- For a 2nd Rounder

Let's hear it...

258769[/snapback]

McDougal's an UFA, we wouldn't be trading for him and besides they have 2nd year man Kevin Jones who was great in the second half last year.

Here's my list

Arizona

Oakland

Miami

Tampa Bay

Carolina