Your tax dollars at work Episode #124

HB 3897 was originally introduced to also give the Department of Labor the ability to establish fees for initial registration or renewal of registration of trampoline courts and deposit those fees in a “Trampoline Court Safety Fund.”

It's easy to figure out what the Democrats really want. It's just another way to hide a tax hike.

SF Mayor just announced the city is going to use $90,000,000 from it's new budget for pothole and road repair. Waaaaiiiiit a minute. Didn't Governor Brown just recently sign a bill to raise gas taxes and registration fees do repair our roads in the state? Didn't we approve a measure here in Oakland to issue bonds to repair our roads here too? We'll be driving on golden streets soon here baby!!! :thumbsup:

SF Mayor just announced the city is going to use $90,000,000 from it's new budget for pothole and road repair. Waaaaiiiiit a minute. Didn't Governor Brown just recently sign a bill to raise gas taxes and registration fees do repair our roads in the state? Didn't we approve a measure here in Oakland to issue bonds to repair our roads here too? We'll be driving on golden streets soon here baby!!! :thumbsup:

That's different.

You see, the money Brown is bringing is is going to get laundered through his contractors for his re-election campaign, and the $90M Lee is spending gets laundered for his compaign.

It's easier to keep track that way.

That is close to 10 percent of the working age population. That seems a bit excessive to me.

Was worse years ago:

http://www.business2community.com/government-politics/government-employees-per-capita-report-0275336

"...Now that you have a handle on the efficiency model take a look at the figures:

1984 235.8 million people, 2854000 nonmilitary government employees 1 employee per 82 citizens

1988 244.5 million people, 3054000 nonmilitary government employees 1 employee per 80 citizens

1992 256.5 million people, 3017000 nonmilitary government employees 1 employee per 85 citizens

1996 269.3 million people, 2786000 nonmilitary government employees 1 employee per 96 citizens

2000 282.1 million people, 2639000 nonmilitary government employees 1 employee per 106 citizens

2004 292.8 million people, 2650000 nonmilitary government employees 1 employee per 110 citizens

2008 304.0 million people, 2692000 nonmilitary government employees 1 employee per 112 citizens

2010 309.3 million people, 2776000 nonmilitary government employees (with temporary census workers included) 1 employee per 111 citizens and 1 employee per 117 citizens without temporary census employees counted.

These numbers point out some pretty incredible facts, of all the conservative presidents since 1984 only George W Bush managed to have numbers that got beyond the 1 employee per 90 citizen threshold while 10 years of liberal leadership saw numbers that were above 90 at minimum. It was Bill Clinton who got the number near 100 (96) 3 years into his term and then broke the 100 threshold shortly thereafter. When comparing Obamas 2010 figures (without temporary census workers) his figures show the lowest civilian government employee figures of any president going back to the 80s by a wide margin. In fact, if we were to take 2010s census figure of 309.3 million people and divide it by the ratio of government employees we had in 1988 under small government Reagan (1 per 80) we would have had 3,866,250 civilian government employees in 2010 which would be an INCREASE of 1,230,250 employees, factoring out temporary census workers of course..."

Was worse years ago:

http://www.business2community.com/government-politics/government-employees-per-capita-report-0275336

"...Now that you have a handle on the efficiency model take a look at the figures:

1984 235.8 million people, 2854000 nonmilitary government employees 1 employee per 82 citizens

1988 244.5 million people, 3054000 nonmilitary government employees 1 employee per 80 citizens

1992 256.5 million people, 3017000 nonmilitary government employees 1 employee per 85 citizens

1996 269.3 million people, 2786000 nonmilitary government employees 1 employee per 96 citizens

2000 282.1 million people, 2639000 nonmilitary government employees 1 employee per 106 citizens

2004 292.8 million people, 2650000 nonmilitary government employees 1 employee per 110 citizens

2008 304.0 million people, 2692000 nonmilitary government employees 1 employee per 112 citizens

2010 309.3 million people, 2776000 nonmilitary government employees (with temporary census workers included) 1 employee per 111 citizens and 1 employee per 117 citizens without temporary census employees counted.

These numbers point out some pretty incredible facts, of all the conservative presidents since 1984 only George W Bush managed to have numbers that got beyond the 1 employee per 90 citizen threshold while 10 years of liberal leadership saw numbers that were above 90 at minimum. It was Bill Clinton who got the number near 100 (96) 3 years into his term and then broke the 100 threshold shortly thereafter. When comparing Obamas 2010 figures (without temporary census workers) his figures show the lowest civilian government employee figures of any president going back to the 80s by a wide margin. In fact, if we were to take 2010s census figure of 309.3 million people and divide it by the ratio of government employees we had in 1988 under small government Reagan (1 per 80) we would have had 3,866,250 civilian government employees in 2010 which would be an INCREASE of 1,230,250 employees, factoring out temporary census workers of course..."

Now include contractors and see what those numbers are.

Now include contractors and see what those numbers are.

What are you saying Clinton and Obama privatized gov't?

Isn't that what you want?

I can't win with this crew. The report was mentioning non-military. I am not even sure that includes myself, we escaped the freeze. There's of course a lot of military contractors you might be babbling about. Even temp census takers were left out. Let's include them too to fit the false narrative!

I can't win with this crew. The report was mentioning non-military. I am not even sure that includes myself, we escaped the freeze. There's of course a lot of military contractors you might be babbling about. Even temp census takers were left out. Let's include them too to fit the false narrative!

You can't win with any crew by pretending the efficiency of the federal government can be measured by any representation that doesn't include all the people doing federal work.

Doesn't the economy of increasing scale force more efficiency as the population grows? Ratios in production get better as numbers grow because only real workers increase after the initial startup. (while management numbers stay low- 1 boss, 1 employee vs 1 boss 50 employees, etc.) Not to mention the contribution of improving technologies and automation.

I only took basic business, so I'm not sure about the numbers, but it makes sense.

You can't win with any crew by pretending the efficiency of the federal government can be measured by any representation that doesn't include all the people doing federal work.

Then include all that have a hand in it... No matter how small.

Welcome to 2017... Which is a lot of people in this country to run the type of society we have.

Include the military... The numbers would be staggering. Include the hardware store that sells us a stainless bolt. Include the salesmen that sells us a barrel of hydraulic fluid, grease, whatever...

Doesn't the economy of increasing scale force more efficiency as the population grows? Ratios in production get better as numbers grow because only real workers increase after the initial startup. (while management numbers stay low- 1 boss, 1 employee vs 1 boss 50 employees, etc.) Not to mention the contribution of improving technologies and automation.

I only took basic business, so I'm not sure about the numbers, but it makes sense.

Yes... That is most certainly a factor.

Yet... People & industry want a direct voice to their government that provides a service to them. That is especially true in my industry and why industry, others were vehemently against privatization, contracting out.

You can only bore the cylinders so close before the piston blasts through the wall when exposed to stress on the system.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois