QB comparative data for Tyrod from Cian Fahey to discuss

...ouch.....a ringing endorsement.....wonder if Goodell would allow GPS units??..............

You mentioned succesful QB's close to the same height as T T earlier, then a couple of post later you suggested the right coaching and system may have played a part in the success.

Good coaching/systems always plays a big part in the success of an NFL QB, as does supporting cast in my humble opinion.

Taylor has operated a run 1st Bills O with the lowest amount of passing reps in the league.

Tyrod Taylor did what the G Roman O was designed to do, which is run the football.

Best in the league...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mentioned succesful QB's close to the same height as T T earlier, then a couple of post later you suggested the right coaching and system may have played a part in the success.

Good coaching/systems always plays a big part in the success of an NFL QB, as does supporting cast in my humble opinion.

Taylor has operated a run 1st Bills O with the lowest amount of passing reps in the league.

Tyrod Taylor did what the G Roman O was designed to do, which is run the football.

Best in the league...

....no argument here 'Fig....BUT......when "best in the league" nets you another 7-9 record and the 17th consecutive year of booking tee times in January versus the PLAYOFFS, something ain't working....and Wrecks' "ground and pound" public proclamation was about as asinine as asinine gets....he had ONE stallion in the stable and when he got nicked, it was "run and done"....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

....no argument here 'Fig....BUT......when "best in the league" nets you another 7-9 record and the 17th consecutive year of booking tee times in January versus the PLAYOFFS, something ain't working....and Wrecks' "ground and pound" public proclamation was about as asinine as asinine gets....he had ONE stallion in the stable and when he got nicked, it was "run and done"....

The Bills D didn't play well enough to win many football games IMO.

The Bills averaged over 5 yards a run and was constantly improving their field position, but it doesn't mean squat when the D is unable to stop the opposition.

You get that right?

The Bills averaged over 5 yards a run and was constantly improving their field position, but it doesn't mean squat when the D is unable to stop the opposition.

You get that right?

Weren't we bottom of the barrel in three and outs?

You get that right?

....and a ONE dimensional offense doesn't win many games either, right?.................

Not when Taylor was running Lynn's offense for 13. In those 13 games the Bills were middle of the league in both TOP and 3 & out %

Lynne's offense was still Roman's offense. The same offense he ran when he had a good season in 2015.

Edited by Bangarang

Lynne's offense was still Roman's offense. The same offense he ran when he had a good season in 2015.

It seems like there ae some extenuating factors here bang....imo it looked like Roman was starting to incorporate a lot of "in gonna outsmart you" plays which defenses were not biting on......he was not using his fullback......etc etc you combine that with a defense that could not seem to stop anyone (sans the first game of the season....which we lost on missed field goals) and someone was made the sacrificial lamb

Lynn comes in......and it looks like he uses his fullback more and ditches the trick plays.....and the O starts playing better.

It is probably not as simple as all that....but this is what I saw with my naked eye

10th in points per game, and that's the stat that really matters.

Plus, I think when you run a run-first offense, you have a lot of possessions where you run twice and you're third and seven eight or nine. Tough to convert those. It's another way to look at the same statement most of us make over and over - Bills need a more balanced attack, with more passes per game. It's hard to win consistently when everyone knows you're going to run all game, every game.

It's another lesson to be learned from the Pats. They crush an opponent with passes one week, and the next week they run 40 times for 195 yards and throw 22 passes. When you can run AND pass, the defense has to prepare for everything, and that's when it's feasible to take what the defense is giving you.

Plus, I think when you run a run-first offense, you have a lot of possessions where you run twice and you're third and seven eight or nine. Tough to convert those. It's another way to look at the same statement most of us make over and over - Bills need a more balanced attack, with more passes per game. It's hard to win consistently when everyone knows you're going to run all game, every game.

It's another lesson to be learned from the Pats. They crush an opponent with passes one week, and the next week they run 40 times for 195 yards and throw 22 passes. When you can run AND pass, the defense has to prepare for everything, and that's when it's feasible to take what the defense is giving you.

Maybe if you didn't see we were talking about "constantly improving their field position."

Edited by jmc12290

....and a ONE dimensional offense doesn't win many games either, right?.................

Taylor didn't design the G Roman O and complaining about the QB/ O becomes secondary to one of the worst D "s in the league don't you think?

I didn't see a One dimensional O and Taylor wouldn't rank so high in the QB ratings if it was IMO.

Pats did worse, how did that work out ?

Taylor didn't design the G Roman O and complaining about the QB/ O becomes secondary to one of the worst D "s in the league don't you think?

I didn't see a One dimensional O and Taylor wouldn't rank so high in the QB ratings if it was IMO.

...maybe we are on the same page.....first, I am NOT ANTI-Taylor by ANY means......who the hell would possibly root for a kid to fail in chasing his lifelong dream to be a starting NFL QB?...asinine...secondly, I can tell you FACTUALLY that Roman went ballistic at OBD with the Cassel trade....thus I'm not sure and we'll never know how much or if he warmed up to TT being his starting QB...Lynn just tried to maintain order......sure Wrecks devastated the defense and put a much bigger onus on the offense.....you know that drill....and I am not sure how you can discount TT's inability to scan the ENTIRE field for effective reads/progressions in time allotted......somebody even posted a Dennison comment about TT "locking in" to one guy in OTA's.......

Maybe if you didn't see we were talking about "constantly improving their field position."

Oh. True, if you're talking about constant improvement of field position, 3 and outs are relevant. But I'd rather have some sustained drives for scores and some three and outs instead of two first downs and a punt on every drive.

Wins are what matters. Points scored and points allowed are next most important. "Constant improvement of field position," whatever that means, is way down the list of important stats.

Oh. True, if you're talking about constant improvement of field position, 3 and outs are relevant. But I'd rather have some sustained drives for scores and some three and outs instead of two first downs and a punt on every drive.

Wins are what matters. Points scored and points allowed are next most important. "Constant improvement of field position," whatever that means, is way down the list of important stats.

Well that's a false choice.

...PERFECT Shaw......therein lies the ability to beat you in multiple ways......take away the run and Brady will put it up 40+ times...result?.."W"....take away the pass and he'll hand it off 35+ times....result?...SAME "W"..........they take what you give them and Belichick is THE master of adjustments......ever hear Belichick telegraph publicly what his intentions are like Wrecks' proclamation about "ground and pound (ONE DAMN STALLION I THE STABLE)"?.....Buffalo does NOT have that versatility.....it is "run or done" and throw in a 1/2 if TT's wheels are the bailout.....his wheels should be an added dimension WHEN NECESSARY versus a usual bailout commodity.....until this offense becomes a multi-dimensional threat, live with 7-9, 8-8, 7-9 and January tee times versus the playoffs............

...maybe we are on the same page.....first, I am NOT ANTI-Taylor by ANY means......who the hell would possibly root for a kid to fail in chasing his lifelong dream to be a starting NFL QB?...asinine...secondly, I can tell you FACTUALLY that Roman went ballistic at OBD with the Cassel trade....thus I'm not sure and we'll never know how much or if he warmed up to TT being his starting QB...Lynn just tried to maintain order......sure Wrecks devastated the defense and put a much bigger onus on the offense.....you know that drill....and I am not sure how you can discount TT's inability to scan the ENTIRE field for effective reads/progressions in time allotted......somebody even posted a Dennison comment about TT "locking in" to one guy in OTA's.......

We are on the same page where it really matters my friend.

We were 20th in 3 & outs per drive over the entire season.

The teams behind us, in order, were: Arizona, Houston, Tennessee, Kansas City, Detroit, Cleveland, New England, Miami, San Francisco, Denver, NY Giants, LA Rams

Bolded the playoff teams.

...PERFECT Shaw......therein lies the ability to beat you in multiple ways......take away the run and Brady will put it up 40+ times...result?.."W"....take away the pass and he'll hand it off 35+ times....result?...SAME "W"..........they take what you give them and Belichick is THE master of adjustments......ever hear Belichick telegraph publicly what his intentions are like Wrecks' proclamation about "ground and pound (ONE DAMN STALLION I THE STABLE)"?.....Buffalo does NOT have that versatility.....it is "run or done" and throw in a 1/2 if TT's wheels are the bailout.....his wheels should be an added dimension WHEN NECESSARY versus a usual bailout commodity.....until this offense becomes a multi-dimensional threat, live with 7-9, 8-8, 7-9 and January tee times versus the playoffs............

The offense will be multi-dimensional this season, I'm confident of that. Whether both dimensions will be a threat is tougher to predict. If I'm Taylor I'm REALLY pissed if the Bills trade Watkins.

The offense will be multi-dimensional this season, I'm confident of that. Whether both dimensions will be a threat is tougher to predict. If I'm Taylor I'm REALLY pissed if the Bills trade Watkins.

right, according to so many Tyrod supporters here, him missing was the reason why Taylor stunk last year. and if the rumor is true ... what does that say what they think about Tyrod.