Tyrod will not be handed starting Job

MAJBobby

You act like it means nothing, but QBs like Matthew Stafford and Jameis Winston don't gain those extra 2 yards... they lose yards.

I haven't even looked at their own designed runs vs. sacks vs. kneeldowns (which you'd have to do), but Winston netted -71 yards and Stafford netted -9 yards after considering their runs and their sacks, while Taylor netted +175 yards.

You act like Taylor's the only one who has "crushing, drive killing sacks" in the NFL when in actuality it happens a lot to a lot of QBs.

No, I act like Taylor led the league in sacks. Only starting 15 games.

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 years. This year. Next year. Franchise tag twice like the 'Skins just did with Cousins.

Okay fine. The Redskins are not sold on Cousins either. If they were convinced he is a Franchise QB you don't think they'd have paid him by now?

Cousins is at the upper end of the same group I put Tyrod in. Guys you can make the playoffs with but you can't win a Championship with.

If we keep Tyrod on two tags it means after 6 years as the Bills starter they would still not be convinced he is a franchise QB. I'll give you $100 if that happens.

Okay fine. The Redskins are not sold on Cousins either. If they were convinced he is a Franchise QB you don't think they'd have paid him by now?

Cousins is at the upper end of the same group I put Tyrod in. Guys you can make the playoffs with but you can't win a Championship with.

If we keep Tyrod on two tags it means after 6 years as the Bills starter they would still not be convinced he is a franchise QB. I'll give you $100 if that happens.

I think we should wait for the franchise QB who take a $10M paycheck

When a member needs/creates multiple accounts to avoid infractions hmmm...

I don't know what else to say except that member could stand a break.

Maybe participate in life.

(It exists outside of this site)

If that's an insult to you I'd suggest thicker skin.

Oh... so you were directing that comment at that other poster, not me?

As for it being speculation to disagree. Find me one more example in the last 20 years of the NFL where a team has reduced the cash number of a guy they are treating as a Franchise QB by $10m. Not where they lowered an annual cap hit but where they lowered the cash a guy would receive. I can't think of a single one.

Maybe you believe the Bills have set a new trend of successfully lowballing their QB of the future? Personally I find that interpretation incredible. The truth is they see him as the best option now and long term as a bridge.

Dude, you're speculating. Continue to argue that your speculation is fact if you want. Keep crusading with that if you want.

But it's not fact. It's a reasonable opinion. It's not fact.

You're the one stating something as fact. You prove it as fact. Why would I do legwork for someone else's opinion?

...it's not "humble"....it's highly accurate bud.....I wasn't interested in stats during garbage time to make a critical point about the kid..only an azz would hope he fails to live his lifelong dream as an NFL QB......was trying to get a handle on his decision making prowess when the game is in reach or on the line...many times stats have talked about a QB's 4th quarter comebacks.....is he capable or does he have plenty more to do?.....

From a passing perspective Taylor still has lots of hard work ahead of him IMO AFL.

From a passing perspective Taylor still has lots of hard work ahead of him IMO AFL.

.....101% agree bud.....my skepticism is rooted in his ability to process the entire field in <5 seconds to find receivers open (WR's &TE's)....just not sure how or if you can speed up the brain's "processing time".....he is certainly NOT alone, past, present and in the future......

That I can agree on. Team needs to get their YPA up. I think some of it is on Taylor, and some of its on the receivers and O-line.

If the YPA doesn't go up - then we need to be a LOT better on defense.

Example: Dallas passed only 9 more times than us. The also gained about 600 additional yards passing, and completed 7% more. They were sacked less, and had a similarly efficient run game.

Edited by dneveu

....so why did Buffalo's purported "franchise QB" accept a paltry NON-franchise QB paycheck for $10 mil?....enlighten me.................

Could you rephrase the question please?

Tyrod plays the new defense as scripted or they look hard and next up.

Da Bills have a full off season, pre season, and regular season to evaluate Tyrod Taylor

I don't worry for it.

He does not show the ability to execute the new offense? Well then, I feel safe in that OBD will prepare to move.

Paying Taylor as this contract is written was fair to both parties imho.

cheers !

Go Taylor ! Go Bills !!

When a member needs/creates multiple accounts to avoid infractions hmmm...

I don't know what else to say except that member could stand a break.

Maybe participate in life.

(It exists outside of this site)

If that's an insult to you I'd suggest thicker skin.

No one created multiple accounts. You can change handles on the site.

By a single player... the browns were sacked 66 times. We were 4th in sacks allowed, 18th in yards lost from sacks. Also 27th in INTs... if you're talking drive-killers :D

4th in 16 games is skewed when TT only played 15, no?

yeppers, he absolutely does.

At some point he needs to settle down and trust his line and the Recs.

He spent too much time looking for running lanes ( just in case )

Maybe he needs to take some sacks from the pocket and get used that type of mentality

No, you don't get what I'm saying. I'm saying he's LOCKED into Buffalo for 4 years, no matter what, if he plays at a really high level.

Buffalo doesn't risk anything because Taylor, if he plays 100% lights out and becomes an All-Pro, is NOT going anywhere until at least 2021 if negotiating a long term contract becomes difficult as it sometimes does.

Edited by transplantbillsfan