NewEra's Mock 2017

NewEra

Everyone else is making their own thread, I may as well do one as well.

First and foremost, I'd really like to trade down, We are reaching out to other teams in an attempt to do so. I also think it's an easy way out to fill needs in a mock draft. That being said, I'll take the easy way out, but didn't get greedy.

Bills trade their 1st and 6th to the cards for their 1st and 3rd. Cards don't give up the house to land the QB they covet most. I'm not in love with any QBs this year or QB would be my pick. If I had to pick a QB at 10, I'd take Maholmes followed by Trubisky then Watson.

1- Hassan Reddick- WLB- we need a WLB and he might be BPA when we pick. Just makes sense. If he's gone, I'd be fine with taking Jarrod Davis or Zach Cunningham if Davis is gone. Some say it's reach, but I think both are very good players. Trading down again for either Davis or Cunningham is ideal, but also an easy way out considering it's not going to be easy to trade down in this draft imo.

2- Zay Jones/Chris Godwin WR- I think one of them will be off the Baird before out kick, so I'll whichever is there

3- Desmond King CB- projects well as a zone cover CB. While he isn't fast or super athletic, he has a great knack for getting the ball. Great instincts and I think he's a great fit in this scheme.

3- Roderick Johnson RT- We need a RT badly imo. I love Johnson's upside. Has some issues with speed rushers but I think he'll be a nice upgrade and could start at RT this year. If he doesn't make it to our 2nd pick in rd 3, I'd hope Antonio Garcia does.

5- Rayshawn Jenkins- big play type safety that has pretty good speed and hits hard. Sometimes doesn't wrap up and relies on his shoulder to take carriers down. That scares me a little, but like his value and upside in rd 5. We'll need another safety for when we move Hyde around. Could start over Poyer if he carves on quick enough.

5- Chad Kelly- seems to everyone's default 5th rd pick. He's mine too. Upside is too good to pass up this late in the draft. Yes, he has MAJOR issues and if he played a different position I'd pass on him. But he doesn't play a different position, so I'd roll the dice and hope Jimbo can help the kid get focused.

If we lose Gillislee I'd take Jamal Williams with the 5th we get from the pats. Good accerstion and consistently gets yards after contact. Nice mix of lateral ability and power. There are other later rd end I'd rather have (Mack, Hunt, mcnichols, foreman and Daye) but I don't know if they'll be there with that pick.

Players I would have trouble passing on if they fell to us in the respective rounds:

Ruben Foster rd 2

Buddha Baker rd 2

Kevin King rd 2

Obi Melifonwu rd 2

Marlon Humphrey rd 2

Fabian Moreau rd 2

Forrest Lamp rd 2

Garrett Bolles rd 2 (yeah I know, not happening but would love it).

Sidney Jones rd 3

Jordan Lewis rd 3

Joe Mixon rd 3

JuJu Smith-Schuster rd 3

Demarcus Walker rd 3

Josh Jones rd 3

Marcus Williams rd 4

Justin Evans rd 4

Akhello Witherspoon rd 4

Jake Butt rd 4

Davis Webb rd 4

Amara Darboh rd 4

Jayon Brown rd 4-5

Howard Wilson rd 4

Josh Reynolds rd 4-5

Malachi Dupre rd 4

Duke Riley rd 4

Anthony Walker rd 4

Jaylen Reeves-Maybin rd 6

There's more that don't come to mind right now and I don't want to overdo it (as if I haven't already overdone it. As I've already stated, ideally we trade down multiple times throughout the draft to add additional picks, it's not realistically happening.

I haven't yet scouted many Tight Ends, hence only 1 on my list. I would love to add one, but am unsure of who just yet. I'd be fine with drafting Oj Howard at 10 and would draft him before any of the WRs. I think he's a great fit for us.

If Leroi is correct, as he always is, it looks as if Corey Davis will be our 1st pick. If we take Davis, I'd probably wait on Lb and draft Jayon Brown later on. I jus don't this there's much value in the 2-3 rd on possible WLB solutions. Jarrod Davis and Zach Cunnningham have zero chance to fall to us in rd 2 imo. I'd hate to go into the season with Brown and Humber as our best options at WLB, but I don't want to reach and really like Browns upside. Corey Davis in rd 1, my draft would probably look similar but instead of WR rd 2 I'd hope one of my hopefully slides for rd 2 would make it to us and draft them.

Thanks for reading. If you're tired of everyone posting their mock drafts in separate threads, I get it and I'm sorry.

I took the day off on Thursday so I can watch. Super fired up

I like this draft as well except for the fact that we dont take a TE in the richest TE draft in years

I think we should do this.....if not OJ Howard then one of the others

I agree John. After looking at the mock, not drafting a TE or DE would be my issues with the draft. I just haven't done as much scouting on those 2 positions.

I'd be very happy with this draft.

Thanks. I get that we aren't getting the QB we need in rd 1 (I know your an advocate of going QB rd 1) but I'm just not sold on these guys. While he's nowhere near the "person" the top ranked guys are, Kelly has considerate talent. If Reddick can adapt to playing wlb, I think he can be an all pro

Overall pretty good. I want a qb higher and think Kelly is a complete moron and won't amount to nothing but I could somewhat live with it that late. Love no wr in the 1st and like both of those guys. I absolutely love King and think if he plays S, he is the next Byrd.

Joe Mixon disgusts me. But good job overall.

Everyone else is making their own thread, I may as well do one as well.

First and foremost, I'd really like to trade down, We are reaching out to other teams in an attempt to do so. I also think it's an easy way out to fill needs in a mock draft. That being said, I'll take the easy way out, but didn't get greedy.

Bills trade their 1st and 6th to the cards for their 1st and 3rd. Cards don't give up the house to land the QB they covet most. I'm not in love with any QBs this year or QB would be my pick. If I had to pick a QB at 10, I'd take Maholmes followed by Trubisky then Watson.

1- Hassan Reddick- WLB- we need a WLB and he might be BPA when we pick. Just makes sense. If he's gone, I'd be fine with taking Jarrod Davis or Zach Cunningham if Davis is gone. Some say it's reach, but I think both are very good players. Trading down again for either Davis or Cunningham is ideal, but also an easy way out considering it's not going to be easy to trade down in this draft imo.

2- Zay Jones/Chris Godwin WR- I think one of them will be off the Baird before out kick, so I'll whichever is there

3- Desmond King CB- projects well as a zone cover CB. While he isn't fast or super athletic, he has a great knack for getting the ball. Great instincts and I think he's a great fit in this scheme.

3- Roderick Johnson RT- We need a RT badly imo. I love Johnson's upside. Has some issues with speed rushers but I think he'll be a nice upgrade and could start at RT this year. If he doesn't make it to our 2nd pick in rd 3, I'd hope Antonio Garcia does.

5- Rayshawn Jenkins- big play type safety that has pretty good speed and hits hard. Sometimes doesn't wrap up and relies on his shoulder to take carriers down. That scares me a little, but like his value and upside in rd 5. We'll need another safety for when we move Hyde around. Could start over Poyer if he carves on quick enough.

5- Chad Kelly- seems to everyone's default 5th rd pick. He's mine too. Upside is too good to pass up this late in the draft. Yes, he has MAJOR issues and if he played a different position I'd pass on him. But he doesn't play a different position, so I'd roll the dice and hope Jimbo can help the kid get focused.

If we lose Gillislee I'd take Jamal Williams with the 5th we get from the pats. Good accerstion and consistently gets yards after contact. Nice mix of lateral ability and power. There are other later rd end I'd rather have (Mack, Hunt, mcnichols, foreman and Daye) but I don't know if they'll be there with that pick.

Players I would have trouble passing on if they fell to us in the respective rounds:

Ruben Foster rd 2

Buddha Baker rd 2

Kevin King rd 2

Obi Melifonwu rd 2

Marlon Humphrey rd 2

Fabian Moreau rd 2

Forrest Lamp rd 2

Garrett Bolles rd 2 (yeah I know, not happening but would love it).

Sidney Jones rd 3

Jordan Lewis rd 3

Joe Mixon rd 3

JuJu Smith-Schuster rd 3

Demarcus Walker rd 3

Josh Jones rd 3

Marcus Williams rd 4

Justin Evans rd 4

Akhello Witherspoon rd 4

Jake Butt rd 4

Davis Webb rd 4

Amara Darboh rd 4

Jayon Brown rd 4-5

Howard Wilson rd 4

Josh Reynolds rd 4-5

Malachi Dupre rd 4

Duke Riley rd 4

Anthony Walker rd 4

Jaylen Reeves-Maybin rd 6

There's more that don't come to mind right now and I don't want to overdo it (as if I haven't already overdone it. As I've already stated, ideally we trade down multiple times throughout the draft to add additional picks, it's not realistically happening.

I haven't yet scouted many Tight Ends, hence only 1 on my list. I would love to add one, but am unsure of who just yet. I'd be fine with drafting Oj Howard at 10 and would draft him before any of the WRs. I think he's a great fit for us.

If Leroi is correct, as he always is, it looks as if Corey Davis will be our 1st pick. If we take Davis, I'd probably wait on Lb and draft Jayon Brown later on. I jus don't this there's much value in the 2-3 rd on possible WLB solutions. Jarrod Davis and Zach Cunnningham have zero chance to fall to us in rd 2 imo. I'd hate to go into the season with Brown and Humber as our best options at WLB, but I don't want to reach and really like Browns upside. Corey Davis in rd 1, my draft would probably look similar but instead of WR rd 2 I'd hope one of my hopefully slides for rd 2 would make it to us and draft them.

Thanks for reading. If you're tired of everyone posting their mock drafts in separate threads, I get it and I'm sorry.

I took the day off on Thursday so I can watch. Super fired up

Thanks for the good exercise you have delivered !

Man, you are in deep. Mucho gracias Senoir !

Thanks. I get that we aren't getting the QB we need in rd 1 (I know your an advocate of going QB rd 1) but I'm just not sold on these guys. While he's nowhere near the "person" the top ranked guys are, Kelly has considerate talent. If Reddick can adapt to playing wlb, I think he can be an all pro

I'm not as big on drafting a QB at #10 as I was because I'm starting to feel like it would be something that would be forced, and if/when they do need to go QB in the first (maybe 2018?) I want it to be a slam dunk, everybody's on board type of situation.

Let Tyrod start and if he's not getting it done during the season, put in Jones. If neither is the guy then go all in on QB in the 2018 draft. With our 2017 schedule we'll probably be in the top 10 again.

Overall pretty good. I want a qb higher and think Kelly is a complete moron and won't amount to nothing but I could somewhat live with it that late. Love no wr in the 1st and like both of those guys. I absolutely love King and think if he plays S, he is the next Byrd.

Joe Mixon disgusts me. But good job overall.

I don't think he gets to 3. You? His actions should disgust any living person.

I hear ya. He's scum for sure. I just think he's a super talented back. I don't think there's much of a chance he's there round 3, that's why I listed him on the "if they slip in the draft" list. But I'd understand why someone wouldn't even have him on their board. I doubt Whaley/McD has him on the board

Clicked a link expecting to see a mock draft from our stadium sponsor. Sounded like a cool move for a corporate partner, even if a bit risky from a brand perspective.

Alas...

I've had the name since 2001 or whenever I signed up. Sorry to disappoint though

Reddick is a 3-4 OLB, not a a fan of Jones/Godwin either. Very similar players to Robert Woods, nothing special. After first two I like. Had Jenkins in my mock, could be a steal.

What do you mean he IS a 3/4 Lb? He's an uber athletic LB that has the tools to excel as a 4-3 WLB without question. Did you see him drop into coverage in the senior bowl? Looked dam good. I doubt many GMs would agree with you that he's just a 3-4 LB. He's actually a bit light not strong at the point of attack which hurts him as a 3-4 LB. He started out playing safety, has fluid hips and everything a scout would look for as a 4-3 WLB. Anyone else care to give their thoughts on Reddick playing WLB for us and if he's a fit?

Glad you don't like Jones or Godwin. Makes me feel better about my Reddick pick.

Thanks for the good exercise you have delivered !

Man, you are in deep. Mucho gracias Senoir !

Thanks. Like many would agree, the offseason is the most enjoyable part of the Bills season. I dive in pretty hard. I live in Vegas and spend a good amount of time in the sports book. The more I know about the players coming out in college, the more effective I can be making $.

Everybody jumping on the Reddick train all of sudden. Came around to my thinking. I think he would help the most this year. I like Webb or Samuel in the second.Witherspoon in the 3rd.

Forget that thought. BuffaloBud420 just informed me that Reddick is a 3-4 OLB so he's a bad pick.

I like Samuel a lot too. Would be happy with him in rd 2 as well.

I'm not as big on drafting a QB at #10 as I was because I'm starting to feel like it would be something that would be forced, and if/when they do need to go QB in the first (maybe 2018?) I want it to be a slam dunk, everybody's on board type of situation.

Let Tyrod start and if he's not getting it done during the season, put in Jones. If neither is the guy then go all in on QB in the 2018 draft. With our 2017 schedule we'll probably be in the top 10 again.

Pretty much sums up my beliefs as well. I doubt Jones gets a chance unless TT goes down with an injury or week 17. Never know thoug, we could get stomped on and if we're 3-8 or so, he might get his chance. While next years QBs are still an unknown at this point, I'd also rather roll the dice with them than any of this years QBs in rd 1

What has Hasaan Reddick done to justify this obsession that people have in thinking that he should be taken 10th overall? Did he have 200 tackles and 20 sacks last year or something? Did we also forget that he played for TEMPLE, which means he played CRAP competition?

To sum it up http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2704864-how-haason-reddick-became-the-biggest-rising-star-in-the-2017-nfl-draft-class

If you don't like him, I understand why. I like him and I understand why.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.