NewEra's Mock 2017

NewEra

To sum it up http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2704864-how-haason-reddick-became-the-biggest-rising-star-in-the-2017-nfl-draft-class

If you don't like him, I understand why. I like him and I understand why.

Fine. I hope they take him 10th overall. Then, I'll get to watch him struggle mightily against legitimate NFL competition, when he gets stonewalled by every guard and offensive tackle he goes up against (think Aaron Maybin).

Fine. I hope they take him 10th overall. Then, I'll get to watch him struggle mightily against legitimate NFL competition, when he gets stonewalled by every guard and offensive tackle he goes up against (think Aaron Maybin).

Weak attempt at sarcasm. btw, he'd be playing a completely different position than Maybin played. He'd be WLB, not DE. He's not going to go head to head with guards and tackles every play. I'm sure he'd be blitzing too, as he's a good pass rusher, but that isn't the reason why I'd draft him.

What has Hasaan Reddick done to justify this obsession that people have in thinking that he should be taken 10th overall? Did he have 200 tackles and 20 sacks last year or something? Did we also forget that he played for TEMPLE, which means he played CRAP competition?

Explosive defensive player who nailed the senior bowl and combine. No way he doesn't get picked in the top 15 of the draft. Impact players always get picked higher than you think, because they are playmakers.

Weak attempt at sarcasm. btw, he'd be playing a completely different position than Maybin played. He'd be WLB, not DE. He's not going to go head to head with guards and tackles every play. I'm sure he'd be blitzing too, as he's a good pass rusher, but that isn't the reason why I'd draft him.

Hope you enjoy wearing your Reddick Bills jersey on Sundays. For your sake, he better have a Von Miller or Thomas Davis-esque impact this year.

Hope you enjoy wearing your Reddick Bills jersey on Sundays. For your sake, he better have a Von Miller or Thomas Davis-esque impact this year.

Last I knew, I just posted a mock draft. Did I just draft Hassan Reddick for the Bills? For my sake lol. It's a mock draft, don't make me Micheletto you!

17 years of no playoffs is making people crazy. We can't stop jumping through tables!

And HR isn't at the top of my list, but if we wanted to build a great defense again, I could get down with it.

We all have our favorites. I love Reddick but I honestly just want them to draft the right players. None of us really know who that is

We all have our favorites. I love Reddick but I honestly just want them to draft the right players. None of us really know who that is

Agreed. I just really want to add an impact WLB somewhere in the draft. I'm a fan of Reddick, Davis, Cunningham and Foster (although I can't see us drafting him in rd 1). I think the wlb prospects in rd 2-3 are pretty weak and the 2-3 rds are strong in DBs and WR. Hence taking wlb 1st then WR and DB

Agreed. I just really want to add an impact WLB somewhere in the draft. I'm a fan of Reddick, Davis, Cunningham and Foster (although I can't see us drafting him in rd 1). I think the wlb prospects in rd 2-3 are pretty weak and the 2-3 rds are strong in DBs and WR. Hence taking wlb 1st then WR and DB

That's pretty much where I stand

I like this draft as well except for the fact that we dont take a TE in the richest TE draft in years

I think we should do this.....if not OJ Howard then one of the others

I bet they will take a TE somewhere. Tyrod says lots of 2 tight end sets this year.

Mason Schreck (UB guy) perhaps late or maybe brought in after the draft if he goes undrafted which is very possible. Probably not on many radars considering he is a UB guy.

Ramon Humber fan are you?

What has Hasaan Reddick done to justify this obsession that people have in thinking that he should be taken 10th overall? Did he have 200 tackles and 20 sacks last year or something? Did we also forget that he played for TEMPLE, which means he played CRAP competition?

Edited by Jamie Muellers Ghost

So what did you think when Oakland took Khalil Mack?

Edited by CNY315

I hear ya. He's scum for sure. I just think he's a super talented back. I don't think there's much of a chance he's there round 3, that's why I listed him on the "if they slip in the draft" list. But I'd understand why someone wouldn't even have him on their board. I doubt Whaley/McD has him on the board

I've had the name since 2001 or whenever I signed up. Sorry to disappoint though

What do you mean he IS a 3/4 Lb? He's an uber athletic LB that has the tools to excel as a 4-3 WLB without question. Did you see him drop into coverage in the senior bowl? Looked dam good. I doubt many GMs would agree with you that he's just a 3-4 LB. He's actually a bit light not strong at the point of attack which hurts him as a 3-4 LB. He started out playing safety, has fluid hips and everything a scout would look for as a 4-3 WLB. Anyone else care to give their thoughts on Reddick playing WLB for us and if he's a fit?

Glad you don't like Jones or Godwin. Makes me feel better about my Reddick pick.

Thanks. Like many would agree, the offseason is the most enjoyable part of the Bills season. I dive in pretty hard. I live in Vegas and spend a good amount of time in the sports book. The more I know about the players coming out in college, the more effective I can be making $.

Forget that thought. BuffaloBud420 just informed me that Reddick is a 3-4 OLB so he's a bad pick.

I like Samuel a lot too. Would be happy with him in rd 2 as well.

Pretty much sums up my beliefs as well. I doubt Jones gets a chance unless TT goes down with an injury or week 17. Never know thoug, we could get stomped on and if we're 3-8 or so, he might get his chance. While next years QBs are still an unknown at this point, I'd also rather roll the dice with them than any of this years QBs in rd 1

Reddick is an edge rusher, not a great tackler. Can he play in a 4-3? Sure. There will be a learning curve. We don't need that with our 1st pick.

Reddick is an edge rusher, not a great tackler. Can he play in a 4-3? Sure. There will be a learning curve. We don't need that with our 1st pick.

He's great in space too, not just as an edge rusher. He played Safety prior to DE. Yes, there will a learning curve but his potential is through the roof. That's exactly what we need. We aren't contending for a SB this year. We don't NEED a player to step in next season that will propel us to a super bowl. It's not going to happen. He has tremendous upside at a position of need. That's why I'd like to take him. You don't. Cool. Don't say he's a 3-4 OLB. He played that in college for a couple seasons. He also played safety. He's a football player with athleticism teams drool over. Is he a sure thing? No. There are no sure things where we are picking.

Edited by NewEra

He's great in space too, not just as an edge rusher. He played Safety prior to DE. Yes, there will a learning curve but his potential is through the roof. That's exactly what we need. We aren't contending for a SB this year. We don't NEED a player to step in next season that will propel us to a super bowl. It's not going to happen. He has tremendous upside at a position of need. That's why I'd like to take him. You don't. Cool. Don't say he's a 3-4 OLB. He played that in college for a couple seasons. He also played safety. He's a football player with athleticism teams drool over. Is he a sure thing? No. There are no sure things where we are picking.

He will be drafted by a 3-4 D team. Guaranteed.

Edited by BuffaloBud420

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.