Whaley = Donahoe

Think of that one yourself?

Actually I'm a Contract Manager and deal in negotiations. I know I would need the scouting experience. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what makes an NFL team successful. A good QB, a good O-line to give him time in the pocket. At least two quality WR's.

Stop posting and save the Bills! We need you!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think of that one yourself?

Actually I'm a Contract Manager and deal in negotiations. I know I would need the scouting experience. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what makes an NFL team successful. A good QB, a good O-line to give him time in the pocket. At least two quality WR's.

You want to hold my hand? I'm not looking for a date pal.

If the Bills had won that steelers game like they should have in 2004, Donahoe would be a better GM for sure.

If the Bills had won that steelers game like they should have in 2004, Donahoe would be a better GM for sure.

Do you ever post anything with real facts? Whaley has one less win than in a full year less than TD.

But you like his white hair so clearly he's better.

Do you ever post anything with real facts? Whaley has one less win than in a full year less than TD.

The 2001 season was a complete clean out and rebuild from the 90's. Everyone knew it would be the first terrible year in a long time.

Yeah but the game was lost because Bledsoe was a washed up has been. Donahoe was the guy who decided to pick up the washed has been.

Didn't a no name Willie Parker run wild over our defense?

The 2001 season was a complete clean out and rebuild from the 90's. Everyone knew it would be the first terrible year in a long time.

At the start of the 2001 season, a lot of people proclaimed the 2001 Bills would be better than the year before as the West Coast offense would be better suited for Rob Johnson. :lol::doh::nana:

I know you hate facts but TD inherited an 8-8 team and Whaley inherited a 6-10 team.

But I'm eagerly awaiting a factless, baseless, unprovable response from you!

Parker ran for 102 yards with one long run thrown in. It's was demoralizing more than anything that a third string RB could run for over 100 yards against us. I know that it was the first thing I noticed while watching that game.

In reality Bledsoe was awful as well. He threw for less than 200 yards and was 16 out of 30. He did nothing to keep the Steelers off the field. In fact we were carried by McGahee that entire season. When the Steelers were able to shut him down we were finished.

TD: 31-49 (39 winning %), finished 8-8 or better twice in 5 years

Whaley: 30-34 (47 winning %), finished 8-8 or better twice in 4 years.

Great, informative post though.

TD conducted a true rebuild that started with a 3-13 record.... and like I said he tried to address the QB position twice and built a defense 10 times better than whaleys... it did not work out (due to bad drafting and the Oline) but atleast he tried to address the QB and came alot closer to the playoffs in 2004 when they went 9-7 then any Whaley team

TD also went through an actual rebuild that included a 3-13 season.... the next season they jumped to 8-8

TD conducted a true rebuild that started with a 3-13 record.... and like I said he tried to address the QB position twice and built a defense 10 times better than whaleys... it did not work out (due to bad drafting and the Oline) but atleast he tried to address the QB and came alot closer to the playoffs in 2004 when they went 9-7 then any Whaley team

So he built a defense 10 times better than the #4 ranked defense? That doesn't make sense.

And I guess drafting EJ and Cardale and bringing in Kolb, Tyrod, & Orton doesn't count as addressing the qb.

We don't have a GM in Buffalo. We have a group decision that can involve ownership, scouting, the coaching staff, marketing, and business guys.

This is what Terry and Kim want. And who could argue with the results?

The Pegulas have no clue how to run a professional sports franchise. The results prove that. I think they should try owning a Toys R Us or QT before jumping to the big time.

So he built a defense 10 times better than the #4 ranked defense? That doesn't make sense.

And I guess drafting EJ and Cardale and bringing in Kolb, Tyrod, & Orton doesn't count as addressing the qb.

The defense with takeo spikes, london fletcher, pat williams, sam adams, nate clements, terrence mcgee, schobel, and others was the #2 ranked defense and was much more well rounded

if you think the names you listed above qualifies for adequately addressing the qb position good for you.... Buddy Nix drafted Levi Brown once too, I guess he knew how to address the qb position too

The Pegulas have no clue how to run a professional sports franchise. The results prove that. I think they should try owning a Toys R Us or QT before jumping to the big time.

Make a billion dollars and you can do with it what you want.

But let's bash the pegulas. There were a ton of people who would have kept 2 pro sports teams in the booming metropolis of Buffalo.

Or a multi billion dollar oil and gas company, because any dummy can run those I guess.

The defense with takeo spikes, london fletcher, pat williams, sam adams, nate clements, terrence mcgee, schobel, and others was the #2 ranked defense and was much more well rounded

if you think the names you listed above qualifies for adequately addressing the qb position good for you.... Buddy Nix drafted Levi Brown once too, I guess he knew how to address the qb position too

In 2004, the defense gave up 17.8 points per game. In 2014, they gave up 18.1. You're right. The 2004 defense was 10 times better than the 2014 one!

In 2004, the defense gave up 17.8 points per game. In 2014, they gave up 18.1. You're right. The 2004 defense was 10 times better than the 2014 one!

the 2004 defense was really good, but it faced a wretched schedule and feasted on terrible competition. The 2014 defense faced a much tougher schedule.

Interestingly, the 2004 D was #1 overall in DVOA and the 2014 D was #2 overall in DVOA. I'll take either!

Edited by dave mcbride