Trump's Request For Voters Information (changed topic)

I'm not sure whom exactly you think you're impressing with your intellectual dishonesty.

What I have pointed out is the following:

1. That political power is extremely valuable

2. That politicians and political parties are largely corrupt

3. That the franchise is vitally important to the fabric of the nation, and should be protected

4. That the citizens of the nation should be able to have confidence that non-citizens are unable to vote

5. That there has never been a truly thorough study done on voter fraud in the United States

6. That the group whose uncomprehensive studies have been presented are compromised by conflicts of interest, or are activist groups seeking a specific outcome.

7. That the findings of other studies with differing results are being dismissed out of hand

My only ask has been that we undertake a thorough and comprehensive study of voter fraud in the United States, and that we then pass appropriate legislation to prevent voter fraud based on those findings.

Your ask is that we not conduct the study, and that we continue to dismiss any evidence which cuts against your narrative.

Wow indeed.

I'm smiling at the intellectual dishonesty comment.

But I'll do my best to translate your post..

I came up with this theory..and this theory must be true, because I came up with it. And if there's no evidence to support my theory..it doesn't matter, because its still my theory... and if there's evidence against my theory, I'll close my eyes and say the magic words, "biased" and "irrrelevant" ...and it'll go away. And if you don't see that my theory is right, with or without evidence, you're intellectually dishonest..

A theory, without any basis in fact, is just that..a theory. And until some facts come to light to back it up...its as good as the internet paper its written on.

And when people who work with this issue on a daily basis say there is no evidence...it is incumbent on you, as the theorist, to show ...something

And I'll tell you why the issue is important.

The vice-chair of this committee has been spouting the same theory (as it applies to immigrants), for more than a decade. And in this time, he still hasn't produced any facts to back up his allegations, but along the way, he's convinced some likeminded politicians in Kansas that there was actually a problem

And...after getting the law changed, he suspended the voting rights of around 30k-40k voters because they had registered to vote under the Federal Act, and worse, threatened to purge them from the voter rolls. It took a number of state and federal court judges to get him to stop. Even then, he stopped only when he was threatened with contempt. All of that so he could catch one noncitizen voting.

Sorry, we don't need that crap on a national level.

You are wasting your breath. The poster you're talking to believes only property-owners or military men should be allowed to vote. Gee I wonder why he supports voter ID laws and opposes any research that shows they are unnecessary? You don't even have the burden of proof here but you did a bang-up job, just don't expect him to listen.

Nah, I really don't expect him to listen..just having a little fun. But I mean really...voting isn't a right?

LOL...

COURT REJECTS ATTEMPT TO BLOCK ELECTION INTEGRITY PANEL FROM DOING ITS JOB

by Paul Mirengoff

Many conservatives believe that voter fraud exists on a significant scale in this country. The left insists that it does not. Indeed, says Roger Clegg, some on the left deny that voter fraud exists at all.

The Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity wants to find out whether, and to what extent, voter fraud exists. To do so, it needs data, specifically voter data from the states.

The left filed a lawsuit to block access to this data. It is afraid of what the data might reveal. Remember when the left used to fancy itself data-driven?

A federal judge, Colleen Kollar-Kotely, has ruled that the Commission’s request for state voter data is lawful. Judge Kollar-Kotely is a Clinton appointee.

Some states have said they will refuse to provide the requested data. They have done so even though many of them make the same information available for purchase by campaigns, political parties, researchers or even the general public. It’s reasonable to suppose that, generally speaking, the holdout states are ones where voter fraud is most prevalent.

However, thirty states have indicated that they will cooperate to varying degrees. Commission Vice Chairman Kris Kobach puts the number of refusing states at about a dozen, and says some may reconsider.

So, to the left’s dismay, the commission may actually be able to develop empirical evidence that will either support or refute (1) the left’s claim that voter fraud is a figment of the conservative imagination and (2) President Trump’s claim that three to five million illegal votes were cast in the 2016 presidential election.

My guess is that the data will undermine both claims. But why guess? Let the commission find out.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/07/court-rejects-attempt-to-block-election-integrity-panel-from-doing-its-job.php

Edited by B-Man

NEW STUDY DOCUMENTS VOTER FRAUD IN 2016 ELECTION

voter-fraud-does-not-exist-vote-fraud-1.

A new study by the Government Accountability Institute suggests the answer. It shows that thousands of votes in the 2016 election were illegal duplicate votes from people who registered and voted in more than one state.

Unless that study is backed by a consensus of political scientists, it can't be true. The libs have declared that there is no voter fraud.

A new study by the Government Accountability Institute suggests the answer. It shows that thousands of votes in the 2016 election were illegal duplicate votes from people who registered and voted in more than one state.

Peter Schweizer's organization? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Peter Schweizer's organization? :lol: :lol: :lol:

No matter what side you're on, these types of posts are asinine. Spend a moment to argue the merits of the study, then attack the source's credibility if their credibility is relevant to the study (such as if he is a 13 year old badminton champion opining on Korean missile technology--like some of the conspiracy sources cited here).

When you start with attacking the source, you're open to the position that no source is credible. That's a vacuous way to think and doesn't lead to meaningful dialogue.

I block B-Man because he posts too much and posts no original or non-Rush-approved links, but I clicked the article because of your post. Seemed like it might have some credibility. I'd be curious to learn more about how much voter fraud goes on, wouldn't you? Doesn't that seem like an issue we should understand and thwart?

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

No matter what side you're on, these types of posts are asinine. Spend a moment to argue the merits of the study, then attack the source's credibility if their credibility is relevant to the study (such as if he is a 13 year old badminton champion opining on Korean missile technology--like some of the conspiracy sources cited here).

When you start with attacking the source, you're open to the position that no source is credible. That's a vacuous way to think and doesn't lead to meaningful dialogue.

I block B-Man because he posts too much and posts no original or non-Rush-approved links, but I clicked the article because of your post. Seemed like it might have some credibility. I'd be curious to learn more about how much voter fraud goes on, wouldn't you? Doesn't that seem like an issue we should understand and thwart?

Some sources are credible, this GAI is simply not with Bannon, Schweizer, and Robert Mercer as key players. I'm eschewing your advice on this particular study.

Hackers break into voting machines just to show how easy it is

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/30/hackers-voting-machines-las-vegas-241130

But Nov. 8 came and went with no indication that any votes were altered, a point U.S. officials stress regularly. Voting security experts caution, though, that the country doesn’t have the mechanisms in place to make such a definitive conclusion.

“One thing that’s been very unfortunate in the way a lot of election officials have talked about the breaches is saying the phrase we have no evidence that X, Y, or Z happened,” Braun added. “However, the real answer is they have no idea what happened, or [way] of knowing. I’m not suggesting votes were switched or voters were deleted from voter files, but the point is the security is so lax and so bad that they have no way of going back and doing the forensics and saying one way or the other.”

No it doesn't. The (non-peer reviewed, unpublished) study itself doesn't make that strong a claim. It says they "identified 8,471 potential cases of illegal duplicate voting across 21 states." And they did by finding every case in those states where 2 supposedly different voters have the same "name, birthdate, and first 5 digits of their social security number."

Even if we grant that all 8,471 found cases are real duplicate voters, considering they looked at 75 million total voters I would say this is nothing. Certainly not enough to impose burdensome voter requirements that would disenfranchise up to 11% of potential voters (the percentage of voting-age Americans that do not have photo IDs). The closest result this past election was Michigan which Trump won by about 11,000 votes. That's just 1 state and the total number of possible duplicate votes for 21 states is less than that. Gee I'm thinking when the authors wrote this report they were hoping to find more.

Of course by no means should we grant that every found "duplicate vote" was actually a fraudulent duplicate vote. The study itself mentions that birth dates get a lot of false matches because people born before certain years that are entered into certain databases get accidentally flipped to something like 01/01/00. Matching names, well that's an easy one. John Smith, Tom Collins, George Johnson... imagine how many possible duplicate combinations there are of any number of common first and last names. But what about the first 5 digits of the social security number? Well about 20 million Americans have multiple full social security numbers and more than half of those are due to bad data entry instead of identity fraud:

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/odds-someone-else-has-your-ssn-one-7-6C10406347

The first 5 digits are the least specific part of the SS number so that's where you'll find the most false positive matches.

So it's impossible to know exactly how many of those 8,000 "duplicate voters" were just false positives. But how many elderly John Smiths in the same geographic region have the same incorrect birthdate in the local registry? The first 3 digits of their SS number would be the same, the next 2 digits are a random group number that gets cycled through.

This study proves nothing. Of course the authors know this or they would try to get it submitted for peer review. If this is really the best a group affiliated with Steve Bannon can do it's pretty sad.