Davis Webb Air Raid offense knock unfair? link to article

Bocephuz

If the AIr Raid stuff is unfair to Webb it must also be unfair to Mahomes

Good point. From what I hear Mahomes has a solid work ethic so maybe he can learn pro style in time. My concern is that he didn't even stay within the confines of the simple Air Raid offense most of the time. From what I saw he improvised 80% of snaps. In other words.. he may be smart enough to learn the stuff but what good does it do when it all goes out the window when the bullets are real.

With Webb I get the impression that he is much more open to staying true to a system

Edited by Bocephuz

Good point. From what I hear Mahomes has a solid work ethic so maybe he can learn pro style in time. My concern is that he didn't even stay within the confines of the simple Air Raid offense most of the time. From what I saw he improvised 80% of snaps. In other words.. he may be smart enough to learn the stuff but what good does it do when it all goes out the window when the bullets are real.

With Webb I get the impression that he is much more open to staying true to a system

I think it was Cossell that said Mahomes is very undisciplined in his game.

NFL Films Senior Producer Greg Cosell is evaluating this year’s prospects, and a week after providing his Mitch Trubisky scouting report, he’s back with his scouting report on Mahomes.

He agrees that Mahomes has a strong arm who can drive the ball well, but he has issues with his mechanics, both in terms of throwing, and in terms of work in the pocket. Cosell describes Mahomes as a frustrating player to evaluate because so much of what he did came outside of structure. He says, “Talent is there buried under an alarming lack of any refinement.”

NFL Films Senior Producer Greg Cosell is evaluating this year’s prospects, and on Thursday he published his scouting report for Trubisky. He sees him as a quarterback who has a lot of skills, but will need to work on his development as a pocket QB. Cosell sees need for improvement in his footworks and mechanics, but cites plus accuracy and solid mobility.

• 2 weeks later...

Most QBs are going to "Air Raid" QBs moving forward. That's just the way the college game is going. Webb in 3rd would be a steal

I don't get the Davis Webb hype, he isn't great at anything he does, I think Nathan Peterman is a better overall prospect.

We don't need another undersized QB. When will we learn that?

I don't get the Davis Webb hype, he isn't great at anything he does, I think Nathan Peterman is a better overall prospect.

...obviously, you never got Webb's memo......nor did 32 teams in the 1st....oh well................

Davis Webb says “double-digit” teams told him he’s a first-rounder

Posted by Josh Alper on March 25, 2017, 11:44 AM EDT

When discussing the top quarterbacks in this year’s draft, attention has largely been focused on North Carolina’s Mitchell Trubisky, Clemson’s Deshaun Watson, Notre Dame’s DeShone Kizer and Texas Tech’s Patrick Mahomes.

Mahomes’ former backup in Lubbock says that he’s hearing there’s room for one more in that group. Davis Webb transferred to California for the 2016 season and put together a performance he says has impressed NFL scouts.

Webb held his pro day workout on Friday and said after it was over that he’s gotten a lot of positive feedback during his conversations with teams.

“I’ve talked to a lot of NFL people,” Webb said, via ESPN.com. “And double-digit teams have told me I’m a first-round guy. Every meeting I’ve had, they’ve said I’m one of the best quarterbacks on the board.”

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy