Marrone: "We have to rebuild Bortles' Foundation"

TPS

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yet, no one cares/cared. There were no HC'ing job offers after he quit.

No, but we managed to find a Head Coach who with a stronger roster made us worse.

Marrone is a total arse and easy to dislike and yet I liked him more than I could ever like a loudmouth blowhard like Rex freaking Ryan and he did a better job here in Buffalo.

Edited by GunnerBill

Lol sure thing. If and buts. If 9-7 was good enough to make the playoffs, we still would've made it. You win the games you play.

"Who cares if we win more games than we lose." Interesting take from a fan. 10-6 and missing the playoffs is just as bad as 7-9 and missing the playoffs?

Pegula refused to extend his staff along with him. Marrone fought for his loyal coaches. Pegs called his bluff and it ended up costing him $64M.

Because the best HC this franchise had seen in 12 years asked. And you'd like to keep him happy. Or else you'd have to spend $64M failing to come close to replacing him.

They let Marrone walk, Doc. He wasn't the coach of the Bills the next year. Did you forget your meds?

I'm sure if the Bills lost against the Pats when they rested their second half, the game wouldn't have counted either.

Wins against backup QB's or backups don't count. Except in the W-L column. Marrone should've done his best to get Brady to play to satisfy the twisted pride of fans.

Well, really just Brady and a select few.

If the game meant something to the Bills, do you think they wouldn't have rested Brady?

I'm sorry we have resorted to pretending W's didn't happen to make ourselves feel better. Must be tough.

Exactly. Gotta try to take W's away because you don't like the coach. :cry:

And yet, we were above .500.

Except the Pegulas who offered an extension due to the miracle.

Crusade much? Geez, man, we know you have a hard-on for Saint Doug but keep it in your pants.

Marrone deserves credit for hiring two good defensive coaches, pettine and Schwartz. The offense was equally bad during his first year with a rag-tag team of QBs, and the second year mostly with Orton. Based on his experience, I still would not believe in his ability to resurrect bortles.

Except the Pegulas who offered an extension due to the miracle.

Why would they extend him after just 2 years of a 5 year deal?

No, but we managed to find a Head Coach who with a stronger roster made us worse.

Marrone is a total arse and easy to dislike and yet I liked him more than I could ever like a loudmouth blowhard like Rex freaking Ryan and he did a better job here in Buffalo.

I'm with you on Rex. I had a feeling that he'd ruin the team.

There was never any credible evidence they did. And as I intimated, it made no sense offering one after 2 years into a 5 year deal.

Well that's because you have your facts wrong, per usual. He had a 4 year deal with 2 years left. With only 2 years left in his contract and his opt out clause, he wanted more security than what amounted to 1 year on the hook.

And it was widely reported that Marrone was negotiating extensions for him and his staff. Pegulas were open to extending him, but not the staff. I guess if you're not above disregarding wins, you can just disregard reports that you disagree with. Stay on message, my dude.

Well that's because you have your facts wrong, per usual. He had a 4 year deal with 2 years left. With only 2 years left in his contract and his opt out clause, he wanted more security than what amounted to 1 year on the hook.

And it was widely reported that Marrone was negotiating extensions for him and his staff. Pegulas were open to extending him, but not the staff. I guess if you're not above disregarding wins, you can just disregard reports that you disagree with. Stay on message, my dude.

Same difference. No need to extend him halfway through his deal. You bought what you wanted to hear, as per usual.

Why would they extend him after just 2 years of a 5 year deal?

I'm with you on Rex. I had a feeling that he'd ruin the team.

....TP did offer him a 4 year extension @$19.6 million.......Pegula called him and Marrone said he was at the mall shopping for his wife's Christmas gift and told TP, "I'll have to get back to you"......next word was resignation.....from what I know, Pegula sensed something and wanted a smooth transition to ownership without having to worry about the HC spot.......original game plan was to have Kim do a "top to bottom review" of very department and position......even though they were under contract, Whaley and Brandon did not know their standing.....Marrone leaves, organizational upheaval ensued and Pegula keeps Brandon and Whaley so as not to create more holes.....he is on firmer footing now and can further evaluate the organization going into year 3 and make changes as necessary.......on the Sabres side, would not surprise me if Dan B is gone based on the club's performance......BTW, Lindy is looking for work.....