Tomahawks Fired At Syria

The Pentagon’s play-by-play of the Syria strikes

Another source I can't link to tells the same thing, with more details. Among them:

“The Syrian regime has been under intense pressure. There’s a significant opposition offensive in Homa province, and connecting opposition lodgments in Homa province to Idlib province to the north is something that the opposition is trying to do. And they had significant pressure on the regime. So the regime was at risk of losing Homa Airfield, which is a significant airfield for them, where they fly rotary-wing helicopters out of there, it’s suspected to be a barrel bomb manufacturing facility, and so this was a significant risk to the regime. They were under a lot of pressure. We think this attack was linked to a battlefield desperation decision to stop the opposition from seizing those key regime elements.”
On March 25, the Syrian regime dropped chlorine industrial chemicals on Homa.
On March 30, the regime dropped an unconfirmed chemical on Homa, which a non-governmental organization on the ground said was consistent with a nerve agent.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah. They're going nuts. Ann Coulter, Michael Savage, Roger Stone, Alex Jones, etc.. (the usual characters) are blaming Kushner and Ivanka for overriding Bannon. It's amazing once the weight of being presidents hits you and you start to view the world in a different light. I remember radial leftists turning on Obama his first few years of office.

Anything that pisses off ann coulter is a win for me. That psycho feeds her energy off hate that she makes palpatine look like a Jedi.

So the most anger I've seen from her ever was on 911.

That makes it a win for you and you call her a psycho.

You're an idiot. Ann coulter is a hateful psycho who feeds off idiots like you. I didn't even know who she was during 911.

!@#$ing jackass.

You're an idiot. Ann coulter is a hateful psycho who feeds off idiots like you. I didn't even know who she was during 911.

!@#$ing jackass.

No she's not but your hate for her seems like it feeds itself to Post-Thanksgiving-dinner-belt-undone-laying-on-the-recroom-floor-level.

No she's not but your hate for her seems like it feeds itself to Post-Thanksgiving-dinner-belt-undone-laying-on-the-recroom-floor-level.

[This is an automated response.]

1icr79.jpg

Created by DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.9.

Trump is slowly turning into a standard Republican president. Supposedly he is considering cutting ties with Bannon. His "drain the swamp" supporters are jumping ship but the GOP base is bigger than that and they will like the recent moves. Smart move by Trump to get his approval ratings up without much risk. Russia's angry response is just posturing.

Anything that pisses off ann coulter is a win for me. That psycho feeds her energy off hate that she makes palpatine look like a Jedi.

I've read and watched a lot of her stuff and I think this is really off base. She's unapologetically blunt, but she usually makes strong points and supports them.

Assuming what I'm hearing is true and that runway is still operational then do you guys think this was nothing more than a PR campaign for Trump?

No. It was a spanking with bombs. Trump would have done something more substantial if it were about PR.

Degrading the runway was never an objective; you don't do that with Tomahawks. That the runway is in use is entirely unsurprising.

Assuming what I'm hearing is true and that runway is still operational then do you guys think this was nothing more than a PR campaign for Trump?

It accomplished multiple things for Trump. Sent a message to the world that the US isn't afraid to use force if need be. I don't think it was a coincidence that Trump did this right before meeting the Chinese president (think North Korea). It helped take the focus off the media's constant Trump/Russia collusion narrative, and he showed the country he and his team could execute a carefully planned, successful military operation.

It accomplished multiple things for Trump. Sent a message to the world that the US isn't afraid to use force if need be. I don't think it was a coincidence that Trump did this right before meeting the Chinese president (think North Korea). It helped take the focus off the media's constant Trump/Russia collusion narrative, and he showed the country he and his team could execute a carefully planned, successful military operation.

"His team" didn't plan jack ****. This was one of a set of "off-the-shelf" plans that the Pentagon presented to him as basically a turn-key operation.

"His team" didn't plan jack ****. This was one of a set of "off-the-shelf" plans that the Pentagon presented to him as basically a turn-key operation.

RIght, but does the average American know that? NO

as much as i dont like don i have to admit that if the intelligence is strong that it actually was assad that dropped the chems then a response like that was appropriate. assad was obviously testing don and the world, like hes done before, and after all weve been through with him and chem weapons he deserved that smack on the noggin

but it was obviously just a glancing blow on the back of his head. they destroyed a bunch of buildings and some limited number of planes, leaving a lot of that site unscathed. that had to be on purpose

maybe the chance to flex his muscles and build some kind of PR rep was a beneficial byproduct in dons eyes, but he had a legitimate reason to order the strike. so no, not a PR campaign, but he does get some of that benefit by default here

RIght, but does the average American know that? NO

Of course not. Though as militaristic as our society is, they should...but the average American's knowledge doesn't go beyond flybys at sporting events and "Thank you for your service."

Of course, was chemical weapon dropped or owned by rebels.

Back to cold war . arms race with Russia or worse , way to go Trump. jmo

Edited by ALF

Of course, was chemical weapon dropped or owned by rebels.

Back to cold war . arms race with Russia or worse , way to go Trump. jmo

Personally I think the world can use another Great War. Thin out traffic a bit.