Our Dishonest Former President

I think his post was meant more because O spent a lot of his term(s) bagging against the "fat cats" on Wall St and is now accepting their money to make a speech

The man is (what would you call it) "unemployed".

If people want to pay $1,000 a seat to hear him talk, then that's their problem.

Should we want to stop a person from making $ because you don't like his policies or his Snake Oil pitch?

Free Enterprise baby.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

The man is (what would you call it) "unemployed".

If people want to pay $1,000 a seat to hear him talk, then that's their problem.

Should we want to stop a person from making $ because you don't like his policies or his Snake Oil pitch?

Free Enterprise baby.

Oh I have no problem with him getting paid, if that's what was offered/negotiated more power to him. I think it does demonstrate though that his talk about Wall St was just to appease his voter base and I think it is worth noting

[For those of you with gatorman on ignore, ridiculous verbiage removed courtesy of DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.10. You're welcome.]

[This is an automated response.]

This ridiculous verbiage is brought to you by...

Created by DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.10.

What do people think may have been the economic fallout to punishing the banks and prosecuting their executives, on trumped up charges non-the-less?

It would have been much, much worse.

Which is part of the problem. Lots of bad apples in that sector operate above the law because they can, knowing the cost of holding them to it would sink the economy.

We no longer live in a republic. We live in an oligarchy/plutocracy - this is a direct symptom (to me) of the dangers of moving to this form of government. Until we retake the republic and make it function as intended, this problem will persist and the working class will continue to get !@#$ed.

Edited by Deranged Rhino