Sounds like LB early is a possibility

billspro

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Davis showed out at his Pro Day today from what I've read. He was an RB in high school, has excellent instincts, screens don't fool him and he ran in the 4.5's today. Might be that Shaq Thompson-type like McD had in Carolina.

https://www.pewterreport.com/lb-jarrad-davis-records-incredible-athletic-numbers-uf-pro-day/

Whew boy. LB Jarrad Davis with a 38.5" vertical jump.

Trevor Sikkema @TampaBayTre

And it continues. LB Jarrad Davis with a 10' 9" broad jump.

Jarrad Davis said his official 40 time today was a 4.56 (second fastest in Indy). Said that's the best time he's ever run, even in training.

Edited by CNY315

I honestly believe Reddick can play any of the LB positions, and I think he possesses the type of versatility that McDermott likes in a player.

I am a big fan of Reddick. I think he can play all LB positions and DE in speed packages. He is one of the bast pass rushers in the class and at the senior bowl he was probably the best coverage LB. I don't know if Whaley would draft someone from Temple in round 1, but I would be very happy if he was the pick.

https://www.pewterreport.com/lb-jarrad-davis-records-incredible-athletic-numbers-uf-pro-day/

Whew boy. LB Jarrad Davis with a 38.5" vertical jump.

Trevor Sikkema @TampaBayTre

And it continues. LB Jarrad Davis with a 10' 9" broad jump.

Jarrad Davis said his official 40 time today was a 4.56 (second fastest in Indy). Said that's the best time he's ever run, even in training.

He seems to be more of an ILB prospect on most sites.

Jarrad Davis is a beast. But I imagine NFL teams would view him as a mike.

As a Mike, that means he has to shed blocks and he's really not very good at it. He'll jack a pulling lineman or FB up and focus on blasting them instead of finding the ball. He can learn and teams will like him as that tone-setter though.

As a potential Sam, he shows the ability to drop under verticals and play the ball really nicely. I actually think he could have some value in a Gronk-based division with some of his attributes. I saw a 3-cone of 7.58 attributed to him though which is a HUGE red flag if that's accurate.

Oops. Did I get the players mixed up?

I thought it was Carrington.

Nope. Chan moved him to OLB in training camp 2011. Spencer, Alex and Chris Kelsay all played that role at some point, somewhere in the region of 860 pounds of pass rush phenom.

Not to mention Rex moving Jarius Wynn there when he took over, dude was about 275 :D

Edited by Blokestradamus

As a Mike, that means he has to shed blocks and he's really not very good at it. He'll jack a pulling lineman or FB up and focus on blasting them instead of finding the ball. He can learn and teams will like him as that tone-setter though.

As a potential Sam, he shows the ability to drop under verticals and play the ball really nicely. I actually think he could have some value in a Gronk-based division with some of his attributes. I saw a 3-cone of 7.58 attributed to him though which is a HUGE red flag if that's accurate.

Does McDermott's defense really require shedding blocks over speed and range at mike?

Does McDermott's defense really require shedding blocks over speed and range at mike?

I don't think any team has it as a preference over coverage skills but if teams can run all over you, coverage skills aren't worth anything.

As a Mike in any scheme, he'll have to get better at it.

I don't think any team has it as a preference over coverage skills but if teams can run all over you, coverage skills aren't worth anything.

As a Mike in any scheme, he'll have to get better at it.

Of course. I'll have to look in to Davis more. Someone told me he would be a great mike in McDermott's scheme. Will look into what you mentioned.