Why don't we sign Sebastian Vollmer?

The former NE Patriot and RT Sebastian Vollmer has been on the FA market for a bit now.

Would be a massive upgrade from Mills and would be a day 1 starter.

Only thing to consider is his age, 32. But would be a perfect fit even for a year.

with the Patriots, he was signed to a 4yr/$16.75 million contract w/ 8.25mill guaranteed.

He had an average salary of $4.2 million.

Should the Bills go get him?

Edited by gr8billsfan

No current offers in the FA market. $$$ is always a reason, if we don't overpay.

You could ask that question about any player. lol.

I do. Because it's the reason we're a bad FA market.

Guys on the tail ends of their careers usually take less money to win a ring or two. They don't go to Buffalo to do that.

I do. Because it's the reason we're a bad FA market.

Guys on the tail ends of their careers usually take less money to win a ring or two. They don't go to Buffalo to do that.

Still surprised that there are no offers from other teams yet.

Isnt he retiring?

Not that i've heard.

I would be surprised if we hadn't reached out.

We saw this happen last season with the older vet WR's.

Haven't heard any reports, but wouldn't be surprised if they did make an offer that wasn't publicized.

Haven't you all learned by now - you don't touch a player the Patriots have discarded.

But, but, but... he protected Brady and helped give him all the time in the world to make passes...

I believe the FO is comfortable with Mills at RT in the offense that it appears they are building. This move would make sense if we plan on going out and throwing the ball 35-45 times a game but from our FA acquisitions thus far, I think they'd rather save the cap space and work with what we we have