You are my sunshine, my only sunshine Jerry

And the Raiders (2 HC, 2 QB coaches, 3 OCs) have been a paragon of stability since Al Davis croaked, compared to the Bills (3 HC, 4 QB coaches, 5 OCs in that time, approx. 20% roster turnover each season).

Conversely, name the last QB the Bills successfully developed.

(It was Joe Ferguson.)

...touche'....love it....

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There has been one constant though the entire drought. Coaching changes, GM changes, assistant coaching changes. That never stopped. Along with those changes came players that fit a system only until the next change, New coach stuck with players form the last one. Bring in his players now. A couple years later repeat the system. But no, deep thinkers blame Whaley for the entire mess. So go back to wishing for the Blow it up system to work every couple years. Seems to work for every team doesn't it?

It would be such a Buffalo move to get rid of him. Let him train on the job and watch him go to another team and be really good.

Under Whaley's watch, we have had a top 5 defense and a top 10 scoring offense with a very flawed qb. Clearly, Whaley sucks.

We have a QB that is a big part in why the Bills had a top ten scoring offense that would have got away if it were up to Whaley. He is a big EJ backer, poor drafter and bad with cap management. Going into the fifth year under his watch with no playoff appearances. Is he better than NIx-of course. But that isn't saying much. Going from terrible to a little below average isn't good enough at the GM spot. Plus he can't get along with any HC. Whaley is part of the problem.

Nobody said DW sucked

We are saying he hasn't produced winning and successful football in Buffalo

No question he has delivered a top 10 D and some top 10 O's

However if that's the height of his success we best move on because in the NFL that's not good enough

Now to the future, if you think DW has assembled a min 10-11 win season this off season year then yes we'd be dumb to let him go

Has he?

If not, we really should get another GM, one who can assemble a 10-11 win team for 2018 and beyond

I'm tired of celebrating DW's genius 7-8 wins seasons and brilliant off season moves that lead to continuous 7-8 win seasons

lol

jc

There has been one constant though the entire drought. Coaching changes, GM changes, assistant coaching changes. That never stopped. Along with those changes came players that fit a system only until the next change, New coach stuck with players form the last one. Bring in his players now. A couple years later repeat the system. But no, deep thinkers blame Whaley for the entire mess. So go back to wishing for the Blow it up system to work every couple years. Seems to work for every team doesn't it?

Keeping bad for continuity sake isn't the answer either.

And the Raiders (2 HC, 2 QB coaches, 3 OCs) have been a paragon of stability since Al Davis croaked, compared to the Bills (3 HC, 4 QB coaches, 5 OCs in that time, approx. 20% roster turnover each season).

(It was Joe Ferguson.)

Why are we counting the coaches that happened before Carr was in the building. Here's Carr's "stability."

2014: Drafted and went through TC under Dennis Allen. Allen fired after 4 games. Tony !@#$ing Sporano takes over for the rest of the year. Greg Olson OC, DeFillipo QBC.

2015: New HC, OC, QBC.

He had two years of the same HC/OC/QBC. We've seen 100 Bills QB's get the same treatment.

Nobody said DW sucked

We are saying he hasn't produced winning and successful football in Buffalo

No question he has delivered a top 10 D and some top 10 O's

However if that's the height of his success we best move on because in the NFL that's not good enough

Now to the future, if you think DW has assembled a min 10-11 win season this off season year then yes we'd be dumb to let him go

Has he?

If not, we really should get another GM, one who can assemble a 10-11 win team for 2018 and beyond

I'm tired of celebrating DW's genius 7-8 wins seasons and brilliant off season moves that lead to continuous 7-8 win seasons

lol

jc

I look at it this way. Nix was good for 6-10 below average teams. Whaley has pushed us to 8-8 average teams. better, but not good enough.

It amazing how many people overlook this. The only reason Taylor isn't a complete failure is because we didn't draft and develop him.

Not so fast. This implies that EJ wouldn't suck if he went somewhere else.

Well, for now he is a Raider and my guess is that he gets cut.

EJ is simply unable to be a productive NFL qb.

They're not here long enough to find out! But you're right. Keep changing things like all successful teams do right? That's the secret to winning?

Whaely has been here far too long if you ask me. Going on his fifth year as GM. Plenty of time to pretty much come to the conclusion he isn't good enough. Esp. a guy that claimed EJ had the "it" factor but wanted Taylor gone.

Edited by JM2009

Whaely has been here far too long if you ask me. Going on his firth year as GM. Plenty of time to pretty much come to the conclusion he isn't good enough. Esp. a guy that claimed EJ had the "it" factor but wanted Taylor gone.

The only reason Whaley takes the heat he does is QB. He was suppose to create one when one wasn't there.Then if you thought about it, and I know you haven;t, he hit with coaching changes. Each time were the same type players sought after? Right, you're spot on with the Whaley thing. He's here for the season so let's see how it plays out. You don't want to show support, then that's your issue.

Not so fast. This implies that EJ wouldn't suck if he went somewhere else.

Well, for now he is a Raider and my guess is that he gets cut.

EJ is simply unable to be a productive NFL qb.

He's no Ryan Mallett. But he's not on the team. Bill, I have a lot of respect but you come across as really petty for keep trashing a good guy who's only crime was not turning into a franchise qb.

But do I think if EJ got drafted by NE or GB, would he better NFL qb? There's no question. But what young qb won't be great wit Syracuse's OC as his rookie year OC and Qb coach. Andrew Luck had Bruce Arians as his rookie OC. EJ had Nate Hackett.

The Bills have been a joke at developing qbs.

The only reason Whaley takes the heat he does is QB. He was suppose to create one when one wasn't there.Then if you thought about it, and I know you haven;t, he hit with coaching changes. Each time were the same type players sought after? Right, you're spot on with the Whaley thing. He's here for the season so let's see how it plays out. You don't want to show support, then that's your issue.

Whaley takes the heat because he kept pushing EJ on different coaching staffs. He raved about EJ and claimed he had the "it" factor. He is terrible at QB evaluation in the draft. And no, I think he is done at OBD pretty soon. Another HC conflict. What a surprise. We may have found a QB, for awhile and an actual HC, now we need to improve the FO.

He's no Ryan Mallett. But he's not on the team. Bill, I have a lot of respect but you come across as really petty for keep trashing a good guy who's only crime was not turning into a franchise qb.

But do I think if EJ got drafted by NE or GB, would he better NFL qb? There's no question. But what young qb won't be great wit Syracuse's OC as his rookie year OC and Qb coach. Andrew Luck had Bruce Arians as his rookie OC. EJ had Nate Hackett.

The Bills have been a joke at developing qbs.

Trashing him by saying he sucks? He does suck dude. He got 800k unguaranteed as a former first rounder. That's a dude who sucks.

(It was Joe Ferguson.)

Sorry, that doesn't come close to proving that Dak or Carr would have failed in Buffalo. Since 1996, the Bills have only attempted to draft and develop two QBs: JP Losman and EJ Manuel. (I suppose you could throw in Trent Edwards, too.) You will never in a million years convince anyone that those guys were victims of the Bills' supposed inability to support and develop QBs and that they would have become quality NFL QBs if they had only been drafted by, say, the Texans or the Chiefs. The Bills organization has utterly failed to identify and draft quality QBs. Period. Carr and Prescott are two blatant examples of that failure.

Whaley takes the heat because he kept pushing EJ on different coaching staffs. He raved about EJ and claimed he had the "it" factor. He is terrible at QB evaluation in the draft. And no, I think he is done at OBD pretty soon. Another HC conflict. What a surprise. We may have found a QB, for awhile and an actual HC, now we need to improve the FO.

You insist on only believing the negative. It's LaCanfora.

EJ,EJ,EJ EJ.....is that the only thing you know about the guy? You guys use to blame Ralph too. How'd that work out for ya?

EJ,EJ,EJ EJ.....is that the only thing you know about the guy? You guys use to blame Ralph too. How'd that work out for ya?

Ralph was a big problem, may he rest in peace. Now we have owners that will spend on Coaching and anything else. I already posted that Whaley is a poor drafter, cap manager, and creates dysfunction within OBD.

Ralph was a big problem, may he rest in peace. Now we have owners that will spend on Coaching and anything else. I already posted that Whaley is a poor drafter, cap manager, and creates dysfunction within OBD.

Well good for you then. I'm sure you hired quite a few very good GMs and coaches in your time. I remember your posts, you use to think Ralph was THE problem and if we only had a new owner things would be all rosy.

It would be such a Buffalo move to get rid of him. Let him train on the job and watch him go to another team and be really good.

Under Whaley's watch, we have had a top 5 defense and a top 10 scoring offense with a very flawed qb. Clearly, Whaley sucks.

Unless we're giving Whaley credit for acquisitions made while Nix was GM Whaley never built anything on defense.