Tomorrow's Vote in the House (vote postponed)

Recognizing that the **** bill you're about to pass is, in fact, a **** bill and declining to vote on it is one of the bigger successes to come out of Congress in the past 20 years.

Really...I'm almost encouraged. It's the most mature thing I've seen from the Hill in ages.

I completely agree. They'll take their lumps in the media, but the last time a bunch of elected sheep passed a **** bill because they were unable to think for themselves, they woke up in charge of, well, you know....

This won't hurt the right NEAR as much as the left hopes. It'll just take time for their whining to pass.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That must be why the Democrats are celebrating this as a win today. Trump said he was going to repeal Obamacare and replace it simultaneously with something better, period. Blaming this on the Democrats is one of the stupidest !@#$ing things I've ever read on this site.

Are you really this dense? I just told you what Trump should have done to force the Dems hand to go along with this bill.

Sound the crumpets and blow the Matterhorn!!!

ding dong, that piece of ѕhit legislation is dead!!

Recognizing that the **** bill you're about to pass is, in fact, a **** bill and declining to vote on it is one of the bigger successes to come out of Congress in the past 20 years.

Really...I'm almost encouraged. It's the most mature thing I've seen from the Hill in ages.

true but unfortunately i dont think they deserve credit. this was a mistake, this is not what they intended. they certainly backed into any 'mature' decisions here

the best we can say is the system worked, for once. now we'll see if we are finally ready to work together to bring good hc to the most successful country in human history

Edited by Meathead

Realizing that their bait and switch wasn't going to work does not show success or anything. This bill was one of the most evil, mean spirited, cynical things I have ever seen. Getting those poor whites to vote for him and then turning around and f***ing them over was pure class warfare against the people of the country. And all those Republicans were for it?? Tells me a lot about Republicans in leadership. Divide and conquer is obviously their strategy. Just evil

What's the matter, did you not get your period again?

Are you really this dense? I just told you what Trump should have done to force the Dems hand to go along with this bill.

Are you really that much of a partisan hack? It was the Republicans who couldn't agree on this today, you moron. I want you to come back here and apologize when Trump and his cronies start to work with the Dems to fix Obamacare. The ACA was a bad piece of legislation, and it was forced through. No one is arguing that. But what have we heard the past seven years? Replace and repeal. You, Trump, and Paul Ryan are a joke.

Are you really mad at the Dems for not voting to replace Obamacare

I know that's the current Fox News spin, but think of how dumb you sound right now

With a few exceptions, you refugees are just plain !@#$ing stupid. How could you get that take on what I posted? Learn to comprehend.

I've lurked on this website since I was 18 years old, over 11 years ago. I used to stick to only football, now I'm getting interested in politics. That spells bad news for you slim peeper, because it's pretty easy to make you look like a !@#$ing dumbass.

This is the worst outcome for the Dems. They will be saddled with the ACA as it dies away while being responsible for no new healthcare plan. Trump should have been openly and loudly courting the Dems throughout this process. If he had, it might have passed. Now we have no new plan and the R's were 85% in favor of it while the Dems had zero backing for it. Shame on you Dems.

this is a massively naive statement. several levels

first, nobody but nooobody is going to own health care but the republicans. the narrative that somehow dems will be responsible for a total republican gubmint not being able to manage the ONLY healthcare system available will ALWAYS be blamed on them. they are the top dogs, they have it all, they OWN it all. trying to push this on democrats is weak and will fail. its hysterical that anyone thinks otherwise, but thats partisanship

next, theres absolutely no way the democrats were going to vote for anything near this disaster, even if trump had tried to include them, theres no way they would bridge the enormous gap of massive restructuring that would end up looking a lot like the ACA. thats not even mentioning the gross partisanship and overt warring that has been going on for the last decade. if theres was ever to be an olive branch extended to the dems it would never be right now on this legislation bc the two sides are diametrically opposed on hc philosophy

this is an enormous win for the democrats right here. now they will be part of the process. i agree with the don that it will be when the ACA 'explodes', but ppl will be blaming him not the dems, which will drive HIM to the table with them. the dems technically have nothing but now they have a real chance to be part of the next attempt to deliver quality hc in america

reminder: im not a partisan democrat. i voted republican last two potus elections. this is just fact

Edited by Meathead

Are you really that much of a partisan hack? It was the Republicans who couldn't agree on this today, you moron. I want you to come back here and apologize when Trump and his cronies start to work with the Dems to fix Obamacare. The ACA was a bad piece of legislation, and it was forced through. No one is arguing that. But what have we heard the past seven years? Replace and repeal. You, Trump, and Paul Ryan are a joke.

You still can't comprehend what I have posted here. Damn, that board over there must have been a real schithole with the likes of you on it. Don't bother responding, I'm on the way out the door for food and a Guinness or two. You can continue to be a kitty and drink your Miller Lite.

You still can't comprehend what I have posted here. Damn, that board over there must have been a real schithole with the likes of you on it. Don't bother responding, I'm on the way out the door for food and a Guinness or two. You can continue to be a kitty and drink your Miller Lite.

Only one or two? Soft azz queefcake. Notice how multiple people are calling you out on your stupidity?

And for the record I have never been to BBMB in my life. My Pops told me this was the best site a long time ago

Edited by gatorbait

[For those of you with gatorman on ignore, ridiculous verbiage removed courtesy of DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.8. You're welcome.]

[This is an automated response.]

xb63t.jpg

Created by DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.8.

Sound the crumpets and blow the Matterhorn!!!

ding dong, that piece of ѕhit legislation is dead!!

true but unfortunately i dont think they deserve credit. this was a mistake, this is not what they intended. they certainly backed into any 'mature' decisions here

the best we can say is the system worked, for once. now we'll see if we are finally ready to work together to bring good hc to the most successful country in human history

They deserve credit for recognizing it was a mistake and not forcing it through like a bunch of mindless sheep because "being quick is more important than being right." It represents a return to basic legislative functionality.

Admittedly, it's only one incident, and there's no guarantee it'll become a trend. But...baby steps.

They deserve credit for recognizing it was a mistake and not forcing it through like a bunch of mindless sheep because "being quick is more important than being right." It represents a return to basic legislative functionality.

Admittedly, it's only one incident, and there's no guarantee it'll become a trend. But...baby steps.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

[This is an automated response.]

You're an idiot.

Created by DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.8.

What's sad is everyone is focusing on the political implications with virtually no discussion of the substance.

The political implications ARE the substance. You think any of this has ever been about health care?

I'm in complete agreement.

What's sad is everyone is focusing on the political implications with virtually no discussion of the substance.

absolutely true

The political implications ARE the substance. You think any of this has ever been about health care?

hugely unfortunately, also true

I'm in complete agreement also..............this was a good move and certainly it will be addressed again soon.

The only problem with agreeing..........................is now Baskin / Spurt / Gator / or Pasta will swoop in and use the "circle jerk" phrase that seems (oddly) enduring to them.