So who's going to be the #2 QB?

Rubes

If it's Kaepernick I'm done. No BS. I served 23 years to protect his right to protest, but that doesn't mean that I have to like what he stands for, which is self promotion and creating an issue where there was none. He says he was protesting "injustice" but never gave us any specifics about exactly what he was kneeling about. I suspect he doesn't even know, he just wanted to call attention to himself. Not only that, he sucks as a QB. No thanks.

I hope you paid better attention in the service than you obviously did to Kaep.

Those that are projecting Cardale as the #2 are overlooking the fact that we have a new OC with a new offense. If we had the same coaching staff and offense as last year, I think Cardale could be the #2. Given how green he is, however, I don't think we can realistically expect him to pick up a new NFL offensive scheme quickly enough to be effective for us this year. I think we will pick up a veteran backup who has either played in a Dennison type of offense of who is capable of learning it in one offseason. I don't believe we'll be bringing Fitz back to Buffalo. I love the guy, but given the way he left the franchise, I just don't see the two parties reuniting. While I have not studied who is available, I have seen Chase Daniel mentioned in other posts and I believe a guy like that would be the right type of fit, or perhaps one of the McCown brothers, if one is available. Shaun Hill, anyone? Given that we re-signed Tyrod, I don't think we plan on drafting a QB at 10. I'm OK with that if our scouts don't feel that there is QB talent that has a higher ceiling than Taylor that is available at 10. I'm fine with drafting a QB in the 2nd round or later to compete with Cardale for his roster spot and ultimately groom for a future starting role. It's possible that the coaching staff feels that Cardale has enough talent to develop as a future starter and may elect to forego drafting a QB altogether.

Just wondering how many years a team can afford to keep 1 player as a 3rd string QB who coaches don't dare put in a critical situation.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are still some guys that can play. I hope we sign a vet QB to backup Tyrod, even if it means keeping 4 QBs. I am thinking that if we draft a QB early enough in this draft to be considered a backup for 2017, then we must not like Jones that much. Therefore I can see us drafting a kid and still signing a vet. It seems like some teams maybe waiting until after the draft to ink a vet back up. If the draft doesn't fall the way teams hope, they will probably go out and add the Fitz, Kapernick, Rg3, cutler and Shaun Hills of the world. With how reckless our starting QB plays at times, I hope we have a capable guy waiting. Our HC comes from a team with a very capable backup QB, that has been called on several times to help out. My guess is he won't be satisfied with Jones and a rookie incase of emergency.

Nate Peterman or David Webb.

This. :thumbsup:

Wouldn't mind taking a look at Matt McGloin either.

McGloin would be a great fit.

Yeah, except he is terrible...

sent from my LG G5