Current Bills Starters

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's on paper. If you watched the games in Carolina especially Edwards was used many ways. Even as a DT he was used as a de many times. Washington is very versatile.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Edwards rotated as a tackle and not an end...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/12455090/dwan-edwards-re-signs-carolina-panthers

The move means Carolina keeps intact its four-man tackle rotationof Star Lotulelei, Kawann Short, Colin Cole and Edwards.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article9129137.html

But Panthers coach Ron Rivera employs a rotational system for his defensive tackles comprised of Short, Lotulelei, Cole and Dwan Edwards. The system worked well last year, when the Panthers led the NFL in sacks.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2621601-dwan-edwards-released-by-panthers-latest-comments-and-reaction

Edwards, 34, spent the past three seasons in Carolina's defensive tackle rotation and registered 13 tackles and a sack in 12 games during the 2015 regular season.

CB seems to be the obvious. There is depth needed at LBer as well.

Don't be surprised if Lorax plays DE in spells as well, meaning OLB is needed too, but not as bad as CB or S.

I think we need at least two more corners.

I think with some packages, something like the NASCAR formation the Giants had...we could slide Shaq inside and put Lorax and Hughes at end. I think Davis played some inside as well.

Very fair point. My concern is that until Sammy proves he can stay on the field consistently, i dont count on him. I love sammy, just a reality though imo. If sammy goes down again we're going to have a repeat of last season with street scrubs who dont even know the playbook being thrown into action mid season with no chemistry between wr and qb. But your point is valid.

i cannot argue that - Sammy has done nothing to really prove otherwise. The hope is he gets over this hurdle similar to Julio Jones early in his career - and breaks out.

actually, to take your point further. by drafting a WR early - if he pans out, perhaps you can let Sammy go after his rookie contract regardless of how he plays, and ride out the cheap rookie contract of your other WR. (unless of course sammy posts a 100 reception, 1500 yd year with 10 tds...just not sure that can happen with our offense)

Needs....outside of QB which is always need 1 unless you have a franchise QB:

1) A top quality WR.......this would provide the most impact......none in FA and not very impressed with draft prospects......best chances to get a 1A soon are Martavis Bryant or Josh Gordon.....so this need will likely go unfilled.

2) A pass rusher........KW is old, Hughes will be 29 this year and Shaq is unproven/uninspiring.....next to QB play the most important aspect of a team is pass rush......not likely to be a good value DE or pass rush DT available at 10 and nothing in FA

3) CB.......they need a #1........this pick may mesh BPA and need in one of the early rounds of this years draft because of the quality at the positon

4) Safety.......not loving Poyer as one of the starters but they paid him like they are expecting something good.

5) WLB.......it would be nice to have Zach back cheap.

6) RT.......they might be able to get by with Mills but if Kujo comes back healthy they could(should) move Glenn to RT and resolve that so Dennison doesn't have to scheme around Mills.

7) DT.......their run D would have been greatly bolstered by a return of Alan Branch but NE did the surprising thing and paid him.

I'm not a draft for needs guy but on paper, the player in the draft who seems to check the most need boxes for me is Haason Reddick.........intriguing pass rusher that can cover and has a knack for TFL's in the run game so he brings partial relief to needs 2, 4 and 5.

WR and corner are awful.

Still QB should be the pick.... they won't though. My guess is safety or corner with the first pick.

I REALLY like Watkins, Holmes and Brown as the first three. After that, I fully agree... Listenbee, are you actually going to PLAY or be another Marcus Easley???

If the season were to start today, here would be our starting lineups:

Offense

QB: Taylor

RB: McCoy

FB: DiMarco

TE: Clay

O-Line: Glenn/Incognito/Wood/Miller/Mills

WR: Watkins/Holmes

Defense

DE: Hughes/Lawson

DT: Dareus/K. Williams

LB: Ragland/P. Brown/Alexander

CB: Darby/Seymour

S: Hyde/Poyer

Special Teams

K: Hauschka

P: Schmidt

LS: Ferguson

KR: Tate/C. Brown

PR: Tate/Hyde

So where are the most glaring weaknesses that still need to be filled via free agency and the draft??

To me, it has to be CB. Currently, the Bills have Darby/Seymour/L.Johnson/Roberson/Gaines as the only CBs on the roster. That ain't good folks.

Beyond that, there are depth problems galore.

OFFENSE

DiMarco basically can play the role of a second TE because he can block (and unlike Felton) can actually catch the ball. Adding a much better RT will likely be a priority. I think the Bills can get by with what they have at WR. Unfortunately, they have way too many other problems to address before spending big on a WR.

Offensive priorities: Adding a solid RT plus a high quality backup QB and a second TE w/ some versatility. They had interest in RT A. Smith and QB J. McNown.

DEFENSE

Ideally, you'd like to have a thumper at SS. Hyde and Poyer are cover guys and not very big at 190 lbs. Thus, SS is a need that must be filled.

Bigger than that though is the need for quality CBs. Darby and Seymour are decent. L. Johnson (formerly from Carolina) is probably next in line. I'd say that at least two quality CBs are needed or this team is in big trouble. The Bills have already tried to get D. Shead.

Defensive needs: CB, CB, SS, LB depth, DE depth.

Your thoughts??

Pretty good analysis.

1a. DB's

1b. Help for Sammy

2. RT

3. Solid BU QB

4. BU TE (intrigued by Logan Thomas, tho)

good news is this draft is super deep in 1a, 1b, and 4.

I think we need to trade down, we have 4 major weak spots

1-will LB, even if Zach Brown re-signs here, I think he is best suited to play the Mike.

2-2nd WR, we have much better WR depth, but we need someone to take pressure off of Watkins

3-cornerback, Darby is fine, but Seymour is unproven. He could turn out to be suitable. We also need a Nickel unpgrade

4-RT, unless Glenn is moved there and Kujo starts at LT.

How I'd address it.

First trade down, if we can get another pick in the top 100, we would be in good shape, ideally Cleveland who needs to move up to get their QB, they could give one of their stockpiled picks. Let's say it's a third round pick.

1st-Foster, I think the combine makes him slip a little.

Foster-ZBrown(hopefully)-Ragland makes me feel pretty good, with PBrown, Humber and Alexander as back ups, Alexander could also add a joker element.

2nd-Zay Jones-size and speed. Coaching staff knows him well.

3rd(a) best remaining CB, hopefully Witherspoon

I'd also add Alterraun Verner, he's a average zone corner we could use as a Nickel

3rd(b) David Sharpe OT, a Glenn clone 6'6" 345 with 35+ inch arms. Good movement skills and played in the SEC

I think we need to trade down, we have 4 major weak spots

1-will LB, even if Zach Brown re-signs here, I think he is best suited to play the Mike.

2-2nd WR, we have much better WR depth, but we need someone to take pressure off of Watkins

3-cornerback, Darby is fine, but Seymour is unproven. He could turn out to be suitable. We also need a Nickel unpgrade

4-RT, unless Glenn is moved there and Kujo starts at LT.

How I'd address it.

First trade down, if we can get another pick in the top 100, we would be in good shape, ideally Cleveland who needs to move up to get their QB, they could give one of their stockpiled picks. Let's say it's a third round pick.

1st-Foster, I think the combine makes him slip a little.

Foster-ZBrown(hopefully)-Ragland makes me feel pretty good, with PBrown, Humber and Alexander as back ups, Alexander could also add a joker element.

2nd-Zay Jones-size and speed. Coaching staff knows him well.

3rd(a) best remaining CB, hopefully Witherspoon

I'd also add Alterraun Verner, he's a average zone corner we could use as a Nickel

3rd(b) David Sharpe OT, a Glenn clone 6'6" 345 with 35+ inch arms. Good movement skills and played in the SEC

Nice address of real needs.