Tyrod Taylor's Highlights

cover1

Paying a bridge QB 30 million with 8.5 dead cap money to release him is a bad contract. Tyrod is not worth that to anyone but a Bills fan.

False statement. Tyrod would have been the #1 free agent QB and gotten potentially more than staying with the Bills. Bills made the right choice, and so did Tyrod.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paying a bridge QB 30 million with 8.5 dead cap money to release him is a bad contract. Tyrod is not worth that to anyone but a Bills fan.

So what, in your mind, would be a good contract for a "bridge QB"?

Essentially the Bills are paying Taylor $14-15M yr for 2 years, and they are taking a lower cap hit this year by amortizing bonus out over several years (which accelerates and becomes dead cap if he's cut).

This is very standard contract practice in the NFL.

Would it be smarter somehow if the Bills wrote all the money he's due as "salary" and took it all as a cap hit this year?

So what, in your mind, would be a good contract for a "bridge QB"?

Essentially the Bills are paying Taylor $14-15M yr for 2 years, and they are taking a lower cap hit this year by amortizing bonus out over several years (which accelerates and becomes dead cap if he's cut).

This is very standard contract practice in the NFL.

Would it be smarter somehow if the Bills wrote all the money he's due as "salary" and took it all as a cap hit this year?

I would have paid Foles 6 million for one year.

Alternate Facts? Or wild speculation?

Is it your premise that because they wouldn't pay TT that Doug Doesn't like him?

Wow... this from a guy who claims the Bills got their 3rd choice in OC and claims that Taylor only resigned with the Bills because there wasn't interest for him on the open market...

But I guess it's okay for you to use alternate facts...

Wow... this from a guy who claims the Bills got their 3rd choice in OC and claims that Taylor only resigned with the Bills because there wasn't interest for him on the open market...

But I guess it's okay for you to use alternate facts...

Q? -

Did I "claim it as fact" or just post my opinion?

their 3rd choice in OC Que?

Taylor only resigned with the Bills because Did I say only? Maybe I did. I believe the comments were more in line with the fact that

there was not a lot of interest in signing Taylor. Sure you can post some NFL Rumors that teams were interested in TT, but as far as I can see from media stories, no team really went after TT with a hard sell.

Stories - aka rumors

The Cleveland Browns and San Francisco 49ers and the JETS have interest in Tyrod Taylor as they all have major questions at quarterback.

3 teams very much in need. Did any of them make an offer?

Broncos not among known teams interested in Tyrod Taylor ...

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

New into what I say in a thread that is all about Tyrod in a Tyrod thread that you by yourself have dominated in. You have talked this subject to death on BBMB and have done the same again here in this very thread. I have not posted much in this thread but when I have I have to regurgitate the same old garbage because the same old garbage is being pushed by the same poster. Understand your opinion doesnt trump others its just a opinion, this thread should have been dead after the first page, what it shows is fans are on both sides of the fence even though you keep trying to convert fans to your side pushing fans to get back on that bridge.SMH, just a FYI many are jumping off that bridge faster then you can try to tie them to it.

you are doing the same. you're also repeating your TT agenda over and over here as well.

The issue we probably have the most trouble with is "crusading". The bottom line here is that there isn't a single poster on this board that has the power to make any change with the team. And because of that, there is no reason to try and make every single person agree with you by bludgeoning everyone with the same opinion endlessly. Make your point once. Make it twice. Make it when appropriate. Just don't make the same point in every thread, every day, day after day. It just pisses people off.

you are doing the same. you're also repeating your TT agenda over and over here as well.

The issue we probably have the most trouble with is "crusading". The bottom line here is that there isn't a single poster on this board that has the power to make any change with the team. And because of that, there is no reason to try and make every single person agree with you by bludgeoning everyone with the same opinion endlessly. Make your point once. Make it twice. Make it when appropriate. Just don't make the same point in every thread, every day, day after day. It just pisses people off.

Hey we have another qb on the roster now....maybe we can hate on yates for a while

False statement. Tyrod would have been the #1 free agent QB and gotten potentially more than staying with the Bills. Bills made the right choice, and so did Tyrod.

Really! Then why did he take a lot less to stay in Buffalo if he would have been the #1 FA QB, because after all he didn't have to sign the Bills new offer, right, according to you he had options, right! Why didn't he pursue those other options? Or did he not really have any? Yeah, i'm believing he didn't really have other options.

Edited by old school

Really! Then why did he take a lot less to stay in Buffalo if he would have been the #1 FA QB, because after all he didn't have to sign the Bills new offer, right, according to you he options, right! Why didn't he pursue those other options? Or did he not really have any? Yeah, i'm believing he didn't really have other options.

I doubt this is true. I would assume that remaining on the Bills simply gave him the best chance at being the starter. If he didn't have faith in his own ability to improve, and prove himself, he could have signed a deal elsewhere, and had a long career as a solid backup.

New into what I say in a thread that is all about Tyrod in a Tyrod thread that you by yourself have dominated in. You have talked this subject to death on BBMB and have done the same again here in this very thread. I have not posted much in this thread but when I have I have to regurgitate the same old garbage because the same old garbage is being pushed by the same poster. Understand your opinion doesnt trump others its just a opinion, this thread should have been dead after the first page, what it shows is fans are on both sides of the fence even though you keep trying to convert fans to your side pushing fans to get back on that bridge.SMH, just a FYI many are jumping off that bridge faster then you can try to tie them to it.

I have honestly never seen you contribute to any other topic besides trashing Tyrod. I once looked at your post history on BBMB. It showed your last 500 posts and every single one was on Tyrod Taylor.

I doubt this is true. I would assume that remaining on the Bills simply gave him the best chance at being the starter. If he didn't have faith in his own ability to improve, and prove himself, he could have signed a deal elsewhere, and had a long career as a solid backup.

I doubt that's true. Nobody takes that much less if they don't have to. Couple of bucks, sure, as much as he did, no way.

Q? -

Did I "claim it as fact" or just post my opinion?

their 3rd choice in OC Que?

Taylor only resigned with the Bills because Did I say only? Maybe I did. I believe the comments were more in line with the fact that

there was not a lot of interest in signing Taylor. Sure you can post some NFL Rumors that teams were interested in TT, but as far as I can see from media stories, no team really went after TT with a hard sell.

Stories - aka rumors

The Cleveland Browns and San Francisco 49ers and the JETS have interest in Tyrod Taylor as they all have major questions at quarterback.

3 teams very much in need. Did any of them make an offer?

Broncos not among known teams interested in Tyrod Taylor ...

Taylor was under contract big guy. If there was interest and anyone reached out to him thats called tampering. As such agents can have their licenses revoked and teams can be fined monetarily and via draft picks. Probabaly why YOU thought there was no interest.

I doubt that's true. Nobody takes that much less if they don't have to. Couple of bucks, sure, as much as he did, no way.

If he solidifies is position as the Bills' starter, and becomes our franchise QB, then the paycheck will come. Sign as a backup somewhere else, and a backup he remains. I believe this is his mindset. High risk- high reward vs. low risk- low reward. I believe he has that much faith in his ability.

Edited by Rocky Landing

If he solidifies is position as the Bills' starter, and becomes our franchise QB, then the paycheck will come. Sign as a backup somewhere else, and a backup he remains. I believe this is his mindset. High risk- high reward vs. low risk- low reward. I believe he has that much faith in his ability.

Why not go be a starter for the 4 other teams without QB's?

Besides, he's under contract for 3 more seasons at least now. When is this payday coming?

Why not go be a starter for the 4 other teams without QB's?

Besides, he's under contract for 3 more seasons at least now. When is this payday coming?

Because he is virtually guaranteed to be the Bills starter. And, who said that another team was offering him more than his current Bills contract? Who said he had been offered the starting job somewhere else? If he lights it up, and becomes the franchise guy, he increases his value, and can renegotiate a better contract, or sign somewhere else in three years.

The point I was debating with Old School was whether there was interest from other teams, and whether he had other options. OS implied there weren't any, and I disagree. I think you have a tendency to read others' post through the lens of your own agenda, which, currently, is distinctly anti-Tyrod.

Taylor was under contract big guy. If there was interest and anyone reached out to him thats called tampering. As such agents can have their licenses revoked and teams can be fined monetarily and via draft picks. Probabaly why YOU thought there was no interest.

FACT - The writing was on the wall. Taylor was never going to see that $30 Mil contract. It wasn't going to happen.

I agree, Tampering before a certain date. So where do these stories come from before FA begins?

IF Taylor was THAT important to any of these teams, then don't you think we would have heard something about a Team talking to Buffalo?

Mar 8, 2017

The Bills ended two months of uncertainty on Wednesday by announcing Taylor would remain in Buffalo for a third season after agreeing to restructure his five-year contract extension.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Because he is virtually guaranteed to be the Bills starter. And, who said that another team was offering him more than his current Bills contract? Who said he had been offered the starting job somewhere else? If he lights it up, and becomes the franchise guy, he increases his value, and can renegotiate a better contract, or sign somewhere else in three years.

The point I was debating with Old School was whether there was interest from other teams, and whether he had other options. OS implied there weren't any, and I disagree. I think you have a tendency to read others' post through the lens of your own agenda, which, currently, is distinctly anti-Tyrod.

That's what Old School was trying to say I think. He took a paycut because he wasn't gonna get that money elsewhere. And he thought the Bills may not keep him at his original price point.

Edited by FireChan

Nobody, huh?

I could make a lot more money than I do in my current career if I moved elsewhere, but I really like where I live and the life I've built.

And it actually wouldn't be difficult for me to find a job somewhere else.

You have no clue what motivates individual people. You can speculate and guess. But you don't know.

OPINION- The writing was on the wall. Taylor was never going to see that $30 Mil contract. In My Opinion, It wasn't going to happen.

There, I wanted to help you out a little here.

This message board needs to take a course: "Facts Vs. Opinions"