Tyrod Taylor's Highlights

cover1

Something else I want to say about Tyrod Taylor and the organizations decision to keep Taylor in Buffalo.

It would have been real easy for both sides to call it quits the way I see it.

Mutual loyalty and respect made the difference in my humble opinion.

I'm a Billiever...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes...he was better. On the other board, I ranked him around 20th in 2015. In 2016, I had him at 26th best.

I would have been much more encouraged if I saw him trending upward instead of declining.

I would submit that one season of decline is an insufficient sample size on which to draw a conclusion.

I agree, and our offense had one of the highest TD percentages per drive, but it didn't happen on that drive.

He did lead us to a score and a 3 point lead with 1:20 left in regulation, but that was squandered. Then he got us to a scoring position on the first possession of overtime and the kicker misses his 2nd FG of the day. To use that game as an example of not being clutch is utterly ridiculous, unless you're referring to our D/ST. Our offense as a whole held up their end that day.

Remember that one home game some years back against the Patriots with Fitz and Fred Jackson when we beat them at home? Fred Jackson took a knee on the one yard line (If I recall correctly) instead of running a touchdown in. That way the Bills could eat the rest of the clock and prevent the Patriots from scoring in the last minute - because you just know they would have?

That was how you put a team away - when even the running back has his head in the game so much that he knows they are better off taking the knee short of the endzone instead of just taking the go ahead touchdown.

What a game..... Everybody in the stadium was hugging each other and going ballistic just like the miracle on ice game in the Olympics.

If you get one game a year like that - it makes having season tickets truly worth it. Wish we got more of those big wins. This year is setup for it because of the schedule. Go Bills!

Edited by PolishDave

Remember that one home game some years back against the Patriots with Fitz and Fred Jackson when we beat them at home? Fred Jackson took a knee on the one yard line (If I recall correctly) instead of running a touchdown in. That way the Bills could eat the rest of the clock and prevent the Patriots from scoring in the last minute - because you just know they would have?

That was how you put a team away - when even the running back has his head in the game so much that he knows they are better off taking the knee short of the endzone instead of just taking the go ahead touchdown.

What a game..... Everybody in the stadium was hugging each other and going ballistic just like the miracle on ice game in the Olympics.

That makes sense when you already have a lead. In the Miami game we were down 4 and scored a TD with 1:20 left. We didn't get the ball again until OT.

I would submit that one season of decline is an insufficient sample size on which to draw a conclusion.

It's all we have to go on at this point, unfortunately.

I also think that you can't discount the fact that he was under the tutelage of a very good coaching staff and QB for four years prior.

I also think that you can't discount the fact that he was under the tutelage of a very good coaching staff and QB for four years prior.

The Bills themselves see him as a bridge. Hope is fine but that's all it is.

That makes sense when you already have a lead. In the Miami game we were down 4 and scored a TD with 1:20 left. We didn't get the ball again until OT.

I here ya.

I don't think I got the game right anyway. I imagined my own ending to that game I think.

Relive it Bills fans! Enjoy.

http://youtu.be/CCDKBhqrTrs

I'm thinking of some other game where he knelt down at the one I think. Or my mind is shot. Either is a possibility.

Or maybe it was that game. I think it was. But I think The Bills intentionally ran the clock down by intentionally not scoring and kicked the field goal to win at the end.

Edited by PolishDave

Something else I want to say about Tyrod Taylor and the organizations decision to keep Taylor in Buffalo.

I'm a Billiever...

I think there is something to this. But, I would say that the lack of a viable alternative played a much bigger role.

I was very happy when they kept TT- not because I think he's great (he's not), but because no one could suggest a better alternative (Brian Hoyer???), and I never have, and never will, be on board with tanking a season to get a better draft pick for the following season.

So, we're stuck with him this season. Things could be worse. I certainly don't have the faith in him that you do, but I think it's foolish not to recognize his potential. I don't think any of his flaws are insurmountable. And, as the highlight reel that started this thread will attest, his athleticism is undeniable-- and hella-fun to watch when he's on point.

I think there is something to this. But, I would say that the lack of a viable alternative played a much bigger role.

I was very happy when they kept TT- not because I think he's great (he's not), but because no one could suggest a better alternative (Brian Hoyer???), and I never have, and never will, be on board with tanking a season to get a better draft pick for the following season.

So, we're stuck with him this season. Things could be worse. I certainly don't have the faith in him that you do, but I think it's foolish not to recognize his potential. I don't think any of his flaws are insurmountable. And, as the highlight reel that started this thread will attest, his athleticism is undeniable-- and hella-fun to watch when he's on point.

Actually plenty of better alternatives have been presented. Nick Foles on a one year 6 million deal is far better to me than Tyrod getting 28 million over the next two years.

His former coaching staff, and especially his former Ravens' teammates, are some of his most vocal supporters.

His former coaching staff, and especially his former Ravens' teammates, are some of his most vocal supporters.

Sure they were...he is by all accounts a hard worker and likeable guy.

The thing with that though is they often show support and speak highly of guys they were friends with and respected. What carries more weight is the team itself and the coaches who chose to let him walk after his four years were up. And you also have some Ravens joking about making him be a QB after they completely stymied him in last season's opener.

Actually plenty of better alternatives have been presented. Nick Foles on a one year 6 million deal is far better to me than Tyrod getting 28 million over the next two years.

Far better? I'll respectfully disagree with this.

Foles was much worse than TT in '15 in St. Louis, and he lost his job to Case Keenum. He barely played last year in KC.

The CoT pretends that they agree with the premise that Taylor is just a stopgab/bridge QB, but all the excuses they make, and the way they keep taking up for him tells me different.

These posters absolutely believe he's something that he's never shown to be...they just can't flat out say it because it would instantly render their opinion horrid.

I'm convinced that several posters will always believe Tyrod is something more, even when he's off this roster, and possibly even after he's out of the league. What these posters feel for this guy is strange to say the least. I'll likely never truly understand where the infatuation comes from, but it's undeniable that it exists within them.

The future is going to hurt much more for these folks than myself. I suggest slowly preparing to emotionally detach yourselves from this awful obsession of a guy who is a RB impersonating a QB, and who is not doing a very good job of it at that.

Wow, just read this. Incredible.

This was made to obviously feed the fire.

#classictrolljob

Far better? I'll respectfully disagree with this.

Foles was much worse than TT in '15 in St. Louis, and he lost his job to Case Keenum. He barely played last year in KC.

St Louis is a mess. The point is that we are overpaying a bridge QB for what reason? So Sean feels better? It's another Bills punt.

I'm a Billiever...

....certainly want the kid to succeed....anyone that would hope against a kid's lifelong dream of making it in the NFL as one of 1,696 privileged is nothing more than an extra large excrement....he needs to retrain his gray matter to process entire field, finding open receivers.....without a consistent and reliable passing game as an added dimension, this club is going nowhere...."run or done" and his wheels won't cut it IMO............

St Louis is a mess. The point is that we are overpaying a bridge QB for what reason? So Sean feels better? It's another Bills punt.

The term "bridge QB" gets thrown around on this site a lot as though it were a given. I don't believe it is. Certainly, Tyrod doesn't believe he is a bridge, and McD may not either. But, even if he is, there are plenty of reasons to pay for him, over Foles (who is guaranteed $7mil in Philly, btw) beyond McD's feelings (I'm not sure what that even means?). Honestly, I think we're paying him what he's worth, and I do think he gives us a better chance of winning than any of the other realistic options that were out there.

I'm not even sure if I'm in a minority, or majority in this, but, I would rather spend the 2017 season watching the Bills once again go 8-8, than, say, 4-12. Or, 7-9, for that matter. To be clear, I'm not saying that Foles would lose us that many games. I'm just saying that I want to spend as many Sundays watching the Bills win as possible. TT gives us the best chance, at this time, IMHO.

The term "bridge QB" gets thrown around on this site a lot as though it were a given. I don't believe it is. Certainly, Tyrod doesn't believe he is a bridge, and McD may not either. But, even if he is, there are plenty of reasons to pay for him, over Foles (who is guaranteed $7mil in Philly, btw) beyond McD's feelings (I'm not sure what that even means?). Honestly, I think we're paying him what he's worth, and I do think he gives us a better chance of winning than any of the other realistic options that were out there.

I'm not even sure if I'm in a minority, or majority in this, but, I would rather spend the 2017 season watching the Bills once again go 8-8, than, say, 4-12. Or, 7-9, for that matter. To be clear, I'm not saying that Foles would lose us that many games. I'm just saying that I want to spend as many Sundays watching the Bills win as possible. TT gives us the best chance, at this time, IMHO.

Good post Rocky :thumbsup:

I'm a Billiever...

I'd imagine the contract re-structure had more to do with it ;)

What I was trying to say, and what you have failed to grasp, is that these posters keep telling us how good he was in 2015, how he didn't lose games like Oakland and Pittsburgh, and how injuries and other factors were all to blame instead of placing any blame on Taylor himslef. Then when other posters call them out on it, they try and tell you that they agree that he's a stopgap/bridge QB, and that they have no illusion to what type of player he is. To me, this doesn't add up. I believe they actually have a much higher opinion of Tyrod, and if you read the majority of their posts, it's fairly easy to see.

As to you're statement that there are as many reasons to believe he'll improve as there are to believe he won't, I simply disagree.

I have no problem with other's opinions, but when they constantly contradict themselves by excusing his play and blaming others while in the same breath saying they agree that he's not the guy moving forward...I have to call BS on it.

Wow Crusher, I realize that you have this innate desire to find a way to belittle people, but making stuff up and creating this alternate reality where everyone believes what you think they believe rather than what they actually tell you believe is just bizarre and pathetic.

A couple pages ago people criticized me for being annoyed with people who post opinions as facts by stating that because it's a message board, the fact that it's an opinion is implicit. That may be true, but posters like you, who post stupid (*gasp*... yes, I'm using the word "stupid" here, because you telling me how I think or feel is stupid) posts like this and especially the one before it implying that you somehow know me and it gives you every right to belittle me based on what you think I think rather than what I've said is just ridiculous.

You and anyone who uses the phrase "CoT" (which you so disturbingly and quickly embraced) are the worst form of cult on this message board... you might as well put on sheets, pointy white hats, and carry around ropes with a Neuss at the end.

I'm pretty neutral on TT. I'm hopeful that he will improve. I think it's possible that he becomes, if not a franchise QB, a good enough QB, and leader to get us to the playoffs. I also think it's possible that he flames out. I think the most likely scenario is that he plays 2017 somewhere between his '15 and '16 level.

All that being said, I feel like I am objective enough to observe that the "TT Sucks" crowd seems to have much more of an agenda than the "TT is Our Guy" crowd. And, I certainly don't see the sort of blind faith that some of the EJ boosters used to flaunt.

What's in bold says it all.

Yeah, you don't discount that... that's probably how he improved his game from when he was drafted so he could win the starting job in Buffalo.

But has he been under the tutelage of a very good coaching staff or QB for the last 2 years?

Edited by transplantbillsfan

Wow Crusher, I realize that you have this innate desire to find a way to belittle people, but making stuff up and creating this alternate reality where everyone believes what you think they believe rather than what they actually tell you believe is just bizarre and pathetic.

A couple pages ago people criticized me for being annoyed with people who post opinions as facts by stating that because it's a message board, the fact that it's an opinion is implicit. That may be true, but posters like you, who post stupid (*gasp*... yes, I'm using the word "stupid" here, because you telling me how I think or feel is stupid) posts like this and especially the one before it implying that you somehow know me and it gives you every right to belittle me based on what you think I think rather than what I've said is just ridiculous.

You and anyone who uses the phrase "CoT" (which you so disturbingly and quickly embraced) are the worst form of cult on this message board... you might as well put on sheets, pointy white hats, and carry around ropes with a Neuss at the end.

What's in bold says it all.

Yeah, you don't discount that... that's probably how he improved his game from when he was drafted so he could win the starting job in Buffalo.

But has he been under the tutelage of a very good coaching staff or QB for the last 2 years?

Let me start by addressing your remarks on me telling people what they believe. Anyone that reads posts by yourself and a handful of others knows that you are absolutely committed to defending Taylor. You have gone well beyond defending TBH, and have moved into the obsessed category. You have blamed coaches, players, injuries, and every other reason in the book for Taylor's play, but nearly always fall short in your criticism for the man himself. What I've done is read what you and others have posted and have diagnosed it for what it is...again, it's easy to see. Talking out of both sides of your mouth is what you have been doing. Maybe you don't realize it...maybe you do. I'm just calling out the behavior for what it appears to be.

And as far as Taylor winning the competition...it was against two guys that were at a point where they had no business on the field, so proclaiming that as some kind of validation for Taylor is complete and utter foolishness.

And there you go again finishing the post off with a criticism of the coaching staff the last two years. You have once again validated my original point, thanks.

And did you really compare myself and others who use the CoT with the Klan?

Holy cow!