Andre Holmes claims he isn't signed, Reporters disagree

FireChan

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why The Oakland Raiders Should Re-Sign Andre Holmes

by Gagan Aujla2 weeks ago

After proving his worth on special teams and as a quality backup receiver, the Oakland Raiders should re-sign Andre Holmes.

After the Oakland Raiders signed Andre Holmes to a 1-year deal during last offseason, it was clear that he was going to need to prove his worth to the team in 2016, and boy did he ever.

Not only was Holmes a force on kickoff and punt coverage teams, but he was also one of the prime reasons as to why Marquette King had a breakout year. Without Holmes being able to get into the red zone for downing punts, King would not have been as successful in 2016.

Along with his special team abilities, in the short time Andre was on the field for offense, he was often effective. One of Holmes underrated qualities was being an above average run blocker.

According to sportingcharts.com, it was noted that Holmes did not have a single drop in 2016, which comes as a surprise considering how often Raiders receivers dropped passes.

As the fourth option on offense, Holmes had 14 receptions for 126 yards and 3 touchdowns. Not the gaudiest stat line, but when called upon, he produced.

Take for example the playoff game against the Houston Texans. Although there was very little positive to take away from the game, Holmes led all Raiders receivers with 4 receptions for 50 yards and 1 touchdown.

Technically speaking, he has been the longest tenured receiver on the Raiders roster. Although he does not pose the biggest threat to opposing defenses, he has developed notable chemistry with Derek Carr.

Bringing back Andre Holmes would ensure continued high-level special teams play for the Raiders, as well as provide a reliable option as the fourth option at receiver and a needed red zone target.

Our special teams will be very formidable after seeing all these versatile signings. They say Holmes is a great blocker too!

Cool, cool, cool

http://justblogbaby.com/2017/03/01/the-raiders-should-re-sign-andre-holmes/

Edited by Eric Moulds on my A**

Drafting Davis is a no-brainer. I could be argued into Howard, but drafting a CB at 1-10 doesn't make a lot of sense given our zone scheme and the depth of the draft. Now,.If Adams drops to 10, or even Hooker....Honestly though, if we don't draft Davis, I hope we trade down

Why The Oakland Raiders Should Re-Sign Andre Holmes

by Gagan Aujla2 weeks ago

After proving his worth on special teams and as a quality backup receiver, the Oakland Raiders should re-sign Andre Holmes.

After the Oakland Raiders signed Andre Holmes to a 1-year deal during last offseason, it was clear that he was going to need to prove his worth to the team in 2016, and boy did he ever.

Not only was Holmes a force on kickoff and punt coverage teams, but he was also one of the prime reasons as to why Marquette King had a breakout year. Without Holmes being able to get into the red zone for downing punts, King would not have been as successful in 2016.

Along with his special team abilities, in the short time Andre was on the field for offense, he was often effective. One of Holmes underrated qualities was being an above average run blocker.

According to sportingcharts.com, it was noted that Holmes did not have a single drop in 2016, which comes as a surprise considering how often Raiders receivers dropped passes.

As the fourth option on offense, Holmes had 14 receptions for 126 yards and 3 touchdowns. Not the gaudiest stat line, but when called upon, he produced.

Take for example the playoff game against the Houston Texans. Although there was very little positive to take away from the game, Holmes led all Raiders receivers with 4 receptions for 50 yards and 1 touchdown.

Technically speaking, he has been the longest tenured receiver on the Raiders roster. Although he does not pose the biggest threat to opposing defenses, he has developed notable chemistry with Derek Carr.

Bringing back Andre Holmes would ensure continued high-level special teams play for the Raiders, as well as provide a reliable option as the fourth option at receiver and a needed red zone target.

Our special teams will be very formidable after seeing all these versatile signings. They say Holmes is a great blocker too!

Cool, cool, cool

holy copyright infringement

Sweet!

IMO this gives the WR depth chart a pretty nice boost. He is easily the #3 WR, and maybe the #2 the way the current WR depth chart sits right now. If the Bills can find a #2 WR before the season starts, and slide Holmes and all the other guys they've signed down 1 spot, I think our WR depth chart looks better than last year.

Yep, I like this addition.

What I really like is that he is a matchup guy due to that height/length.......even when he's covered you can chance a throw to him and reasonably anticipate that he can at least keep it away from a defender.....good fit for the cautious Tyrod.

If Sammy's back they are better than last year at WR but that WR corps without him last year was about as feeble a group as you will see in the NFL nowadays.

At least having Holmes puts them in a position where they can gamble on a rookie or even take a shot on a Josh Gordon or Martavis Bryant if they become available and at least have an NFL quality WR opposite Sammy if it doesn't work out.

Yep, I like this addition.

What I really like is that he is a matchup guy due to that height/length.......even when he's covered you can chance a throw to him and reasonably anticipate that he can at least keep it away from a defender.....good fit for the cautious Tyrod.

If Sammy's back they are better than last year at WR but that WR corps without him last year was about as feeble a group as you will see in the NFL nowadays.

At least having Holmes puts them in a position where they can gamble on a rookie or even take a shot on a Josh Gordon or Martavis Bryant if they become available and at least have an NFL quality WR opposite Sammy if it doesn't work out.

It may be slightly unfounded, but I'd gamble on Josh before Martavis. Josh seems like he wants to change, he just falls back into old habits without support. The Browns are not, recently historically speaking, an organization known for helping their troubled players get out of their bad habits. Steelers are a solid organization. Martavis just seems like more of a gamble based on all I have seen of him in interviews and his on-field antics. Undoubtedly talented, but a massive risk.

It may be slightly unfounded, but I'd gamble on Josh before Martavis. Josh seems like he wants to change, he just falls back into old habits without support. The Browns are not, recently historically speaking, an organization known for helping their troubled players get out of their bad habits. Steelers are a solid organization. Martavis just seems like more of a gamble based on all I have seen of him in interviews and his on-field antics. Undoubtedly talented, but a massive risk.

Agree 100%, Cleveland still controls his contact right? It isn't out of the question that he returns to the Browns right?