Buffalo Bills salary cap space not an issue after first wave

JM2009

A. There's already a cap thread.

2. You just copy-pasta'd someone else's content, offering none of your own.

III. I'm sure the good folks at Buffalo Rumblings would be thrilled about that.

While you may be right, you are not a mod, lighten up. The mods here are generally good guys. Rather than publicly castigate the poster, they would probably just send him a polite private message telling him to just share a brief summary and the link identifying the source. Now if he responded FU and did it again, they would obviously take stronger action. Just loosen up and let the mods do their job. And don't try to be the board police or the board grammar Nazi. I enjoyed the information. He made what I assume is an honest mistake.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While you may be right, you are not a mod, lighten up. The mods here are generally good guys. Rather than publicly castigate the poster, they would probably just send him a polite private message telling him to just share a brief summary and the link identifying the source. Now if he responded FU and did it again, they would obviously take stronger action. Just loosen up and let the mods do their job. And don't try to be the board police or the board grammar Nazi. I enjoyed the information. He made what I assume is an honest mistake.

I won't apologize to you or anyone else. I know some of those guys over at BR, one of them I actually went to college with. Like them or not, they work hard to provide original content and insight. So to see their content lifted and pasted was particularly irksome, not only as a friend, but user of this board.

It's not like the article wasn't attributed to them, but copying and pasting the entire thing instead just a snippet and linking to it drives down their web traffic and ad revenues. And again, it's just poor form on any online forum in general.

Any halfway-savvy user of the internet should know this by now, and if not, get called out for it on any message board that prides itself on being run well.

Copying and pasting into a message board the entirety of an article from another source instead of just a short preview and linking to the actual website is not only bad form, I'm pretty sure it's against the terms of service. I could be wrong about that, but most well-run forums don't allow wholesale copying of others' content. And it's still bad form anyway.

The guys who run BR care about BR. And you just stole their content, meaning fewer clicks for them.

So the other thread was looking for answers, and you started a new thread to provide the answers. That someone else wrote? Good job.

You mean you found the Buffalo Rumblings article useful.

What a turd

Thanks for sharing, OP. I found this to be informative and useful.

With the amount of sizeable holes on the roster (WR/S/OT/LB/CB/QB?) you have to wonder if (hope) they're going to utilize that untapped space. There is a lot of work to be done if we want to be competitive with playoff teams, let alone New England.

Per Mike Rodak - Bills FB Mike Tolbert signed a one-year deal that qualifies for NFL's veteran minimum salary benefit. He received a signing bonus of $80,000 and has a $900,000 base salary -- but will only have a $695,000 cap number under the rule.

https://twitter.com/mikerodak/status/841282167686668290

So, add $305k onto whatever cap figure you've seen/believe.

Edited by Blokestradamus

Thanks for sharing, OP. I found this to be informative and useful.

With the amount of sizeable holes on the roster (WR/S/OT/LB/CB/QB?) you have to wonder if (hope) they're going to utilize that untapped space. There is a lot of work to be done if we want to be competitive with playoff teams, let alone New England.

Seriously. Any thoughts on next, potential impact signings? Seems a solid CB or WR would help fill some gaps. Morris Claiborne? Kamar Aiken?

Personally, I'd love to see us bring back Z Brown. Not convinced the Lo, Rag, Preston combo has enough speed or coverage ability. Z Brown would be a much better nickel and WLB. Also, not convinced Poyer is our starting FS/SS. Would like an enforcer like TJ McDonald.

Per Mike Rodak - Bills FB Mike Tolbert signed a one-year deal that qualifies for NFL's veteran minimum salary benefit. He received a signing bonus of $80,000 and has a $900,000 base salary -- but will only have a $695,000 cap number under the rule.

https://twitter.com/mikerodak/status/841282167686668290

So, add $305k onto whatever cap figure you've seen/believe.

ive mentioned that once or twice last week when people were hand wringing over the paygrade. i wasnt 100% positive he qualified, so good to know i wasnt giving junk info.