Why our offense will click

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

....it's a helluva grind.......Shaun Alexander, Larry Johnson, Jamal Anderson, etc all took a beating........Sanders was smart and got out after 10 years....look at the great Earl Campbell, barely shuffling along at age 61..........

yeah,they get pretty "punch drunk" after a while. It's a brutal position to play,no doubt. Somehow tho,the great ones manage to persevere by avoiding big hits. Some great backs have played into their 30's while being heavily involved in their respected offenses. I think Shady is on that level

yeah,they get pretty "punch drunk" after a while. It's a brutal position to play,no doubt. Somehow tho,the great ones manage to persevere by avoiding big hits. Some great backs have played into their 30's while being heavily involved in their respected offenses. I think Shady is on that level

.....although not an elite back, I think FredEx played his cards wisely and prolonged his career due to "low mileage" while still being effective gamer..............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

.....although not an elite back, I think FredEx played his cards wisely and prolonged his career due to "low mileage" while still being effective gamer..............

Yes he did,and he averaged more than 10 games a year too...I'd have to assume Shady can continue without any durability issues.He's proven it in his career. Now,being pulled in the fourth,for whatever reason is not an indictment on his health,rather a coaches decision based on situation. I'm not worried about his health.Or his availability /durability to exceed ten games a season.just my opinion of course

Yes he did,and he averaged more than 10 games a year too...I'd have to assume Shady can continue without any durability issues.He's proven it in his career. Now,being pulled in the fourth,for whatever reason is not an indictment on his health,rather a coaches decision based on situation. I'm not worried about his health.Or his availability /durability to exceed ten games a season.just my opinion of course

It sucks but seems like TC is where we see a lot of the big injuries to start with. Get all excited about TC starting and next thing you know we have lost a starter for a month or 2, sometimes the whole year. It happens to every team I know, but that's why depth is sooooo very important.

Hopefully we can make it through TC without any big or major injuries and get off to a good start to the season.

It sucks but seems like TC is where we see a lot of the big injuries to start with. Get all excited about TC starting and next thing you know we have lost a starter for a month or 2, sometimes the whole year. It happens to every team I know, but that's why depth is sooooo very important.

Hopefully we can make it through TC without any big or major injuries and get off to a good start to the season.

I think we're overdue for a fair shake from the injury Gods lol

Are you saying he won't play in more than 10 games? If so, what do you want to lose, er, bet?

Or are you saying that he'll be on the injury report for at least 6 games? And if so, who cares, as long as he produces?

this is what I am saying

http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/injury-predictor/player/9317

So...again...what are you trying to say? So you expect him to miss more than 6 games or merely that he'll appear on the injury report?

Chris Gragg? :lol: His contract expired and even if he came back, he's neither a solid blocker nor a deep threat (if TT could stand in the pocket long enough).

McCoy is the wrong back for this offense, which needs one cut types to be decisive. Not someone who dances and will more frequently take losses. If Gillislee is here next season I would expect him to get about as many carries as McCoy.

Besides, McCoy has 8 seasons of wear and tear on him and after all, how many backs at 29 are running for 1000+ yards?

Just because they were successful last year running the ball doesn't mean it'll occur this year. Players age, schemes change, and defensives adapt to what you're doing. At the same time, they have the element of surprise because this offensive side hasn't run Dennison's offense. I just see them using McCoy differently to the point his production will drop.

LOL!