Go get Hightower or Bennett

Bennett is off the market and Hightower is going to get paid.

I have a feeling we are shedding cap space to carry into next year.

This year could be a, if we make it, we make it. If not, we will evaluate what we have and have the cap space to approach what we need.

yep next year has more money in the till for the Bills.

not a rebuild, but a recondition? I know, semantics!

Would you want to play in front of such a low-brow, low-class fanbase such as this?

Yes. i think i would.

Bennett is off the market and Hightower is going to get paid.

I have a feeling we are shedding cap space to carry into next year.

This year could be a, if we make it, we make it. If not, we will evaluate what we have and have the cap space to approach what we need.

I am starting to think the same thing, that this wont be one of those "all in" years where we spend to the cap, and it wouldn't be a bad thing IMO. It's more than likely a transition year while the players learn the new systems and the coaches learn which players fit and which don't. No reason to spend every bit of cap space they have. It'd be nice to see them thinking more long term for a change.

But it is still very early in the offseason. I don't think we've seen the plan unfold yet. There will be plenty of good football players released between now and the start of the season. The Bills still could end up signing a bunch of guys, who knows.

I'm just going to wait and see what happens. But I'd have no problems with it if they didn't go spending a bunch of money this season and actually built up some cap space for the coming years.