Its obvious we are in win now mode, so who in FA?

WR needs to be #1 and I try to upgrade over Woods. I would also address WR in the first two rounds of the draft. Right now SportTrac has us at just over 22 mil in cap room. All reports say we freed up 6 more on the Taylor redo.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/

WR, RT, DB needs to be addressed ASAP. I am also hoping AJ Klein is pulled from Carolina to be ILB for us.

I mean... isn't every team in "win-now" mode? This isn't the NHL.

Losing Woods and wasting a draft pick to replace him is a very Billsy thing to do (See: Winfield > Clements > McKelvin > Gilmore, Henry > McGahee > Lynch > Spiller).

Losing Woods and wasting a draft pick to replace him is a very Billsy thing to do (See: Winfield > Clements > McKelvin > Gilmore, Henry > McGahee > Lynch > Spiller).

Woods doesn't stretch the field . A different WR could make sense in FA or even the draft. Nothing Billsy about it. Depends on what they are asking a WR to do.

The Bills are probably going to be losing woods, and gilmore.

Yet the bills are in win now mode because tyrod is coming back?

How dumb can this organization be?

They are just moving pieces around some random QB hoping that it pans out at some point. They have no real direction.

Just get a real QB for once, and then build the team.

Time to clean house completely.

Edited by GETTOTHE50

Woods doesn't stretch the field . A different WR could make sense in FA or even the draft. Nothing Billsy about it. Depends on what they are asking a WR to do.

Yeah, Woods has a different, much needed skillset of a reliable possession receiver with a knack for getting difficult YAC. What's your point?

Yeah, Woods has a different, much needed skillset of a reliable possession receiver with a knack for getting difficult YAC. What's your point?

He isn't even in the top 5 available. I would rather us go another direction at WR someone who is a respected threat opposite Watkins

He isn't even in the top 5 available. I would rather us go another direction at WR someone who is a respected threat opposite Watkins

That's great news. Let's keep him. Why don't you like Robert Woods? You can draft a WR in the mid rounds AND keep Woods.

Shouldn't every team be in a win now mode every year? With UFA and injuries it is truly impossible to build a team for the future. This isn't the 70's when you drafted a player and could keep him as long as you want.

I want to win, make the playoffs as step one, then add to the team and make a run at the title.

The Bills are probably going to be losing woods, and gilmore.

Yet the bills are in win now mode because tyrod is coming back?

How dumb can this organization be?

They are just moving pieces around some random QB hoping that it pans out at some point. They have no real direction.

Just get a real QB for once, and then build the team.

Time to clean house completely.

Signing CB's to 14 million and paying for average possession receivers is dumb

The Bills are way better off allocating that money elsewhere

I don't mind losing Woods and spending a high draft choice to replace him since Woods was not a top of the line player at best he was a low end #2 WR. But if the Bills are thinking about drafting a WR then they should spend money to fill in needs at other positions. If they want to draft a WR at 10 or in round 2 then they should spend money at RT and safety to take those needs off the board and fill out the roster overall. Problem is that the Bills in the past would never go out and improve other avenues of the roster instead tread water by trying to refill positions of recently departed good players.

My take is that we will be losing, at minimum, Woods, Gilmore, and Zach, all 3 of which might get some nice hight comp picks back, if we did not negate it by over signing FA's, which means fans need some patience here, the replacements will come in the draft, and then hopefully a ton of extra draft picks in 2018, that is how you build a winning team, but there will be some short term pain having to sign more released players

I hope our lost FA versus singing FA board is just a s big our our April 2017 draft board because the management of FA's is of utmost importance in building a long term successful team

jc

i'm interested to see what has been saved by restructuring the contract, and if we are going to see some more in the next couple weeks. if some of the big contracts are restructured to create some space i could see a couple moves being made to bolster the roster. though i do wonder what the defense will look like.