Tyrod reportedly looking at real estate in BUFFALO

So Tyrod is one of the worst QB's in the NFL in throwing the ball so his receiver can get additional yards and you blame Roman? This is typical. Maybe if Tyrod could throw bread and butter NFL throws like a SLANT PATTERN he could hit WR's like Hogan (gone), Woods (gone), and Watkins (if Tyrod stays likely gone).

Tyrod throws the go, curl, and out patterns. That's why he doesn't have RAC, not the OC as WR's are seen running wide open over the middle all year but Tyrod doesn't see them.

What's missing in your take is the Bills' abysmal screen game, which I am not sure is the qb's fault (i think it's more scheme). That is the ultimate YAC play, and if you don't throw them at the rate that other teams throw them, your yardage will be skewed.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it's a chicken/egg thing. Is Roman's offense heavy on out routes because he likes to play ball control/take few chances, or did he design his offense that way because he 'knew' Tyrod couldn't make throws over the middle for YAC?

Good question. I decided to plug in a different style QB and Greg Roman. Alex Smith has very good short yardage QB skills and can see throws open up and can throw with anticipation.

In 2011 with a Greg Roman offense Alex Smith had a total Yards After Catch in the bottom ten. Buffalo Bills with Tyrod Taylor and Roman offenses (with Lynn calling plays in 2016) finished 32nd in the NFL both years.

Then I looked at Run After Catch per play. In 2011 Alex Smith was near tenth from the bottom, 11th worst. Tyrod Taylor was 2nd worst in 2015 (with tons of weapons) and 3rd worst in 2016 (with less weapons).

So my fast initial conclusion based on the data is that Roman's scheme are poor for RAC and Tyrod Taylor is still very bad at RAC as well.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-yards-after-catch-statistics/2016/

Edited by jeffismagic

Good question. I decided to plug in a different style QB and Greg Roman. Alex Smith has very good short yardage QB skills and can see throws open up and can throw with anticipation.

In 2011 with a Greg Roman offense Alex Smith had a total Yards After Catch in the bottom ten. Buffalo Bills with Tyrod Taylor and Roman offenses (with Lynn calling plays in 2016) finished 32nd in the NFL both years.

Then I looked at Run After Catch per play. In 2011 Alex Smith was near tenth from the bottom, 11th worst. Tyrod Taylor was 2nd worst in 2015 (with tons of weapons) and 3rd worst in 2016 (with less weapons).

So my fast initial conclusion based on the data is that Roman's scheme are poor for RAC and Tyrod Taylor is still very bad at RAC as well.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-yards-after-catch-statistics/2016/

IIRC, andy Reid has always had great screen games, no?

With Bears after Glennon, Browns after Garrapolo, and 49ers after Cousins, Jets are really only team in market for a veteran QB with an ability to pay big money but they are in full rebuild mode. Bills should be in a good position to push that option bonus to next year and give McDermott a year to evaluate Taylor.

With Bears after Glennon, Browns after Garrapolo, and 49ers after Cousins, Jets are really only team in market for a veteran QB with an ability to pay big money but they are in full rebuild mode. Bills should be in a good position to push that option bonus to next year and give McDermott a year to evaluate Taylor.

Browns might be using the Jimmy G "leak" to get the Tyrod price down with Whaley.

[quote name="Augie" post="4272672" timestamp="1488935150"

Do I get the standard 6%?

Sure after I raise the price 8%. Just between you and me, I'm just waiting to see if the Pegulas are going to take the land deal recently offered them.

With Bears after Glennon, Browns after Garrapolo, and 49ers after Cousins, Jets are really only team in market for a veteran QB

Can't be, aren't there supposed to be 10 or more teams killing themselves to get Tyrod? According to some, Tyrod is going to kill it $$$ wise from all these teams bidding against each other to get him.

What's happening? It's coming to light that Tyrod really isn't that good. Teams are now weighing what's in the draft, what's out there is FA and guess what, Tyrod is just another guy. Maybe he starts somewhere, maybe he doesn't. I'm banking on the later.

So they will give a 12 and more for a backup qb named Jimmy G and they don't want to give us pick 33 for two year starter Tyrod Taylor.

I know fans don't think preseason matters, but other teams do. In 10 preseason games, Garrapolo has 95.5 rating (67.1 percent completion rate, 8/3 td/int ratio, and 7.4 ypa). This includes his rookie season, when he hadn't faced nfl competition before. He played 4 games in his rookie season and 3 in the latter 2.

you mean he's been here 2 years in this cheap real estate market and HASN'T BOUGHT ONE? geez if there was ever a RED FLAG that would be it.

TBH housing prices in buff are like renting in NYC. he can afford a whole suburb with his salary. buying one and then selling it back or heck rent it when he leaves for income. Property values rise after it's been owned by a sports celeb so this behooves me that he hasn't bought one.

Edited by CanadianFan

Can't be, aren't there supposed to be 10 or more teams killing themselves to get Tyrod? According to some, Tyrod is going to kill it $$$ wise from all these teams bidding against each other to get him.

What's happening? It's coming to light that Tyrod really isn't that good. Teams are now weighing what's in the draft, what's out there is FA and guess what, Tyrod is just another guy. Maybe he starts somewhere, maybe he doesn't. I'm banking on the later.

The problem for Tyrod is that there are a lot of guys that NFL teams can see as similar to him. All depends on the money and scheme fit. Cutler, Foles, Siemian, Glennon, etc. Why should NFL teams pay a premium price for a player they can find a bargain on with similar ability?