Hey, I recognize [him|her] from [that other show]

/dev/null

Finished binging Taboo S1 and had a few, Hey, I recognize [him|her] from [that other show] moments

The whore/madam was the whore/madam from Copper

The cut-throat/thug was Al Capone from Boardwalk

The power hungry self-righteous prick with a British accent was High Sparrow from Game of Thrones

And Tom Hardy, well he was top billed so no surprise there

So what other shows have you watched where you see an actor/character and you're like, hey thats....

Wait, are you telling me that you didnt know Jonathan Price before Game of Thrones?

Dude...he was the antagonist in Ronin.

You BETTER have seen Ronin.

My wife and kids are big fans of the Harry Potter movies (kids are too young to read the books); there are many actors from those movies that appear in Game of Thrones.

Wait, are you telling me that you didnt know Jonathan Price before Game of Thrones?

My wife and kids are big fans of the Harry Potter movies (kids are too young to read the books); there are many actors from those movies that appear in Game of Thrones.

And in Tomorrow Never Dies. And he was in the first three Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Brazil. Glengarry Glen Ross. Real obscure actor.

The actress who plays Olenna Tyrell was in The Avengers.

And in Tomorrow Never Dies. And he was in the first three Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Brazil. Glengarry Glen Ross. Real obscure actor.

The actress who plays Olenna Tyrell was in The Avengers.

Have you seen the side-by-side of young Diana Rigg and Natalie Dormer?

Uncanny

I recognize people all over television who played bit parts on Law and Order: SVU. It seems like many people get at least some kind of bit role on SVU.

That's because it's been on so long, everyone has had some kind of bit role on SVU. Mariska Hargitay is the Kevin Bacon of television.

Finished binging Taboo S1 and had a few, Hey, I recognize [him|her] from [that other show] moments

The whore/madam was the whore/madam from Copper

The cut-throat/thug was Al Capone from Boardwalk

The power hungry self-righteous prick with a British accent was High Sparrow from Game of Thrones

And Tom Hardy, well he was top billed so no surprise there

So what other shows have you watched where you see an actor/character and you're like, hey thats....

Wasn't Hardy's half sister also Rob Starks wife on GoT?

The madam was also Johnny Depp's first wife in Blow.

Yes I recognized him several other roles. That's kind of why I referred to him as The power hungry self-righteous prick with a British accent. He tends to play a variant of the same character in whatever role he takes.

Speaking of Ronin and Game of Thrones, how about another Ronan. Ronan Dax from Stargate Atlantis. The actor who played that also played Khal Drogo in GoT. And recently I caught a Netflix series set in late 18th/early 19th century Canadian frontier with the lead played by the same actor, who was basically playing Ronan Dax in the late 18th/early 19th century

Edited by /dev/null

The ones I find fun are either when an actor fools you completely or when you see two people at the same time on different shows. Damian Lewis from Homeland and now Billions was also in Band of Brothers. I almost fell out of my chair when I saw him in an interview speaking in his natural British accent.

I'm a fan of Showtime's Shameless. It's good clean fun. There is characters named Kevin, played by Steve Howie, and Kevin's wife V, played by Shanola Hampton. Well, Steve Howie played the dumb son-in-law type role on Reba. While watching an episode of Reba one day, I see Steve Howie and, yep, there's Shanola Hampton in a guest spot. Same two actors, different roles and different shows. For me, it doesn't count if the actors are stars and work together by choice.

I also get a kick out of the same actor playing different roles on the same show, Colonel Potter style. Judy Greer played two different roles on Two and Half Men, for example.

Yes I recognized him several other roles. That's kind of why I referred to him as The power hungry self-righteous prick with a British accent. He tends to play a variant of the same character in whatever role he takes.

Speaking of Ronin and Game of Thrones, how about another Ronan. Ronan Dax from Stargate Atlantis. The actor who played that also played Khal Drogo in GoT. And recently I caught a Netflix series set in late 18th/early 19th century Canadian frontier with the lead played by the same actor, who was basically playing Ronan Dax in the late 18th/early 19th century

I like Jason Mamoa quite a bit actually; curious to see how Aquaman comes out, because although he's good, superhero movies tend to be dreadful