Sessions did not disclose two Russian envoy meetings

Or consider the alternative scenario in the current witch hunt environment

Do you for a second think that if he answered the question in the manner that you prescribe there would be no noise?

Of course not. The narrative would be spun as "Sessions is lying that his conversations with Russians did not involve the campaign."

Of course there would have been noise. The calculation is simple, if he had of said what I had suggested or something along those lines, would he have still been confirmed?

I'm pretty sure he would have. Sure, there would have been critical coverage, but not enough to sink him. His Senate colleagues on the GOP side wouldn't have sold him down the river for that. He's got too much cred on the right wing and establishment for that to have happened.

But now, the pressure is so great from both sides of the aisle, at the very least he'll have to recuse himself of any possible investigation.

Edited by Magox

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thats-perfect_new.jpg

The Onion does it's job

Heartbroken Russian Ambassador Thought Special Meetings With Jeff Sessions Were Very Memorable http://trib.al/PjQNevw

C574dPcWgAEZ2yJ.jpg

Thank you, @TheOnion, for putting things into perspective.

‘Heap big lies!’ Elizabeth Warren twists and turns to prove claim about Sessions, knots herself up

Sessions should resign now, former attny gen in his state as well as Senator he should know better.

He lied now he gotta resign.

Sure their would be noise... problem is he lied... no can do..., Noise is one thing, so what, but lying to FBI whole nother kettle of fish...

Hes been in DC too long, called DENIAL... Dont Even Know I Am Lying..,

Not answering a question that wasn't asked isn't lying. Again, it's not his fault that people can't frame a proper Q&A session

Lol FBI questions are quite clear and all encompassing as well as broad, leaving **** out is considered lying... youve never been thru a background check..

Not answering a question that wasn't asked isn't lying. Again, it's not his fault that people can't frame a proper Q&A session

Lol FBI questions are quite clear and all encompassing as well as broad, leaving **** out is considered lying... youve never been thru a background check..

With respect, he wasn't answering questions from the FBI.

He was answering questions from a senator.

There's a rather large difference between those two scenarios and how each phrases its questions.

Sounds like he's being pretty straightforward to me

Doubling down in the sense of his answer to Franken.

With respect, he wasn't answering questions from the FBI.

He was answering questions from a senator.

There's a rather large difference between those two scenarios and how each phrases its questions.

Doubling down in the sense of his answer to Franken.

True thought it was FBI according to AP short i saw..., if a Senator.., an issue but not the same level especially given his explanation. Edited by North Buffalo