Tonight's Trump "Joint Address"

B-Man

I guess an incoming President's first State of the Union" is not called that, but it is a joint address of Congress.

One would hope that the Donald would stay on topic, but we all know the chances of that are very slim... :lol:

Also with the split in Congress, I am afraid that the "clap and stand" B.S. may still even reach Obama worship levels.............I pray that they don't.

Anyway here are some moves already being made.

CNN

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mad Maxine starts us off......

California Dem boycotting Trump's address to Congress
The Hill

Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) says she will skip President Trump’s address to Congress Tuesday night, according to ABC News.

The California Democrat similarly refused to attend Trump’s inauguration in January, saying she “never contemplated even going near any of those activities.” Nearly 70 other Democratic lawmakers also skipped the ceremony.

“I don’t honor him, I don’t respect him and I don’t want to be involved with him,” Waters said at the time.

C5xbi3uWUAABS91.jpg

Trust me Congressman, you not sitting on the aisle is NOT ...........BIG

C5xbi3uWUAABS91.jpg

Trust me Congressman, you not sitting on the aisle is NOT ...........BIG

The Engel thing is funny. The Hill posted on Twitter today:

Top Dem known for shaking the president’s hand at joint sessions of Congress says he won’t shake Trump’s hand

To which Brit Hume posted:

Says a lot about the party that Eliot Engel is considered a "top Dem."

Biggest temper trantrum ever. Great job, Dems. Keep up the quality work.

Trump's speech is expected to be 65-80 minutes long tonight, Press Secretary Sean Spicer told Hill officials earlier today.

Good Lord..........Too long !

Didn't "Dollar Bill" Clinton teach you guys anything ?

:wallbash:

Good Lord..........Too long !

Didn't "Dollar Bill" Clinton teach you guys anything ?

:wallbash:

I bet they could cut that down to 20 minutes if he'd stick to the topic and not repeat himself incessantly.

I wonder what color he'll be? He's been looking less yammy recently.

Media "responses" and "analysis" of tonight's speech have (no doubt) already been written

as well as the (so called) "fact checking"

images+(1).jpg

You joke, but you can bet your ass tomorrow they will all use the same word to describe it.

It will be "dark" or "fearful" or "morose."

But whatever it is, they'll all use the same adjective. Almost like they all get together on some remote message board and plot out how to report on things.

Ah. That would never happen.

Lib hysteria continues..............

Democratic women wearing white to Trump congressional speech

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/democratic-women-wearing-white-to-trump-congressional-speech/article/2616041

Members of the House Democratic Women's Working Group will channel the suffragette movement when they wear white to President Trump's Tuesday night joint address to Congress.

In a statement, Rep. Lois Frankel, D-Fla., said they will be wearing white to "unite against any attempts by the Trump administration to roll back the incredible progress women have made in the last century."

:doh:

Damn....the Dems sure under this boards skin....GOP WH Congress....GOP Pres speaking.....and u all u got is handshakes and dresses...apparently we are not close to the over under date on when u guys realize the Dems are irrelevant right now and ur team is charge of this country

Damn....the Dems sure under this boards skin....GOP WH Congress....GOP Pres speaking.....and u all u got is handshakes and dresses...apparently we are not close to the over under date on when u guys realize the Dems are irrelevant right now and ur team is charge of this country

No, we realize they're irrelevant. They don't. That's why it's so funny.

Lib hysteria continues..............

Democratic women wearing white to Trump congressional speech

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/democratic-women-wearing-white-to-trump-congressional-speech/article/2616041

Members of the House Democratic Women's Working Group will channel the suffragette movement when they wear white to President Trump's Tuesday night joint address to Congress.

In a statement, Rep. Lois Frankel, D-Fla., said they will be wearing white to "unite against any attempts by the Trump administration to roll back the incredible progress women have made in the last century."

:doh:

What the hell do they think he's going to do? Ban the wearing of pants by women?

In "baskinland"................pointing out the hilarity of the dems/libs inability to face reality = getting under our skins

8fc6dc214f81146adb86c881559c542d.jpg

"Our hypocrisy is driving Republicans crazy!" Must be why they're doubling down on it.

(And no, most of us are not Republicans.)

Ridiculous pomp and circumstance .... almost a monty python sketch from the get go ..... then I changed channels and realized John Souza marches weren't actually being piped in ..... doh

Edited by Thirdborn

If we had elected Gary Johnson it would give new meaning to joint address of Congress

No problem for me (although Johnson would be waaaaaaaaay better). I plan to smoke a (legal) joint and watch it on YouTube. A lot funnier that way.

Edited by reddogblitz

We have begun to drain the swamp by imposing a 5 year ban on lobbying by executive branch officials #JointAddress

Pres. Trump: "We will stop the drugs from pouring into our country and poisoning our youth."

http://abcn.ws/2lUdz4t

"By finally enforcing our immigration laws, we will raise wages, help the unemployed, save billions of $$, & make our communities safer."