Bill Polian: T.O. and Randy Moss don't belong in HOF

YoloinOhio

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/28/bill-polian-terrell-owens-randy-moss-dont-belong-in-the-hall-of-fame/

Asked by Talk of Fame Network whether hed pick Owens or Moss when both are on the Hall of Fame ballot next year, Polian said hed leave them both off.

"I take neither," Polian said. "First of all, heres my position: [i want players who] contribute both individually and to the team. T.O.s situation, T.O.s temperament, his ability to contribute to the team was well known up front. He was going to be a problem. We did not want to deal with problem children. Others may. We didnt. Thats number one. Number two, every year in Indianapolis we said the following: The price of admission is 100 percent effort all the time in everything we do. Well, how can we take Randy Moss when we make that statement? Its that simple."

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill Polian is god awful to listen to on the radio.

I personally don't agree with him. They have people who are in the hall of fame who were busted for Drug use. Cocaine specifically. Michael Irvin and Bruce Smith to name a few. I love Bruce Smith. But why should they get a pass and TO/Moss don't because of their temperament.

Consider the source. This is the same guy that proclaimed the Bills were so dysfunctional that HC candidates should avoid the team like the plague.

And then he promptly recommended his "good friend", Frank Reich for the job.

Seriously. Do we really care what Bill Polian has to say anymore? I mean the guy is really milking that whole drafting Peyton Manning thing.

ha - well he is a member of the NFL media. I don't know if people care but its certainly going to be put out there when he says anything like this

I know. All those winning seasons would kill.

Maybe one. If Marrone had stayed we would have kept Orton for one more year and might have made the playoffs in 2015. But age to defense plus poor quarterbacking would not be sustainable. Also, Chris Polian makes Whaley look smart.

He was a great GM, but this is beyond senile and idiotic. These were two of the greatest wide receivers ever to play the game. Period. Temperament? Really?

The irony of Polian commenting on temperament. Perhaps the most irascible person ever. Back in the day, if he wanted your opinion, he'd give it to you.

Bill Polian is god awful to listen to on the radio.

I personally don't agree with him. They have people who are in the hall of fame who were busted for Drug use. Cocaine specifically. Michael Irvin and Bruce Smith to name a few. I love Bruce Smith. But why should they get a pass and TO/Moss don't because of their temperament.

Kota he wasn't asked about Irvin and Smith, he was asked about TO and Randy. He probably would agree with you if he was asked about those 2 players. I am with you 100%. Bruce was not a team player; the guy barely practices and held out 3 times. He pro longed his career just to set the sack record and then retired. He was a very individualistic person and I never cared for him as a person. He was a great player but IMO he was an idiot as a person. Drug use and the poor way he treated fans off the field was another side of Bruce that has been well documented. Irvin "hookers, drugs, and ran his mouth"; not a fan of his either.

Marvin Harrison MAY be a murderer but Bill was ok with him getting because he drafted him.

Did he say he was ok with it and MAY is exactly correct?